Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lineup for Saturday’s match against Liverpool

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Same as tuesday except Hemed in for Murray, possibly Bong back for Suttner (who I thought had a good game tues). Thought Glenn was a bit leggy on tuesday which is not surprising given the shift he put in at Old trafford on saturday.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A better suggestion would be to send Murray on for 10-15 minutes at the end with a "get booked" instruction. Rather he missed Huddersfield than any of the other games coming up.

I'd suggest they get Duffy booked for similar reasons.

Absolute madness.

If you were going to play such silly buggers, you'd have been better advised to get Duffy booked on Tuesday. Liverpool's attacking threat is not generally in the air, but they are all quick. If Goldson HAD to deputise for a match, Liverpool wouldn't be the worst one. A crucial game away to Huddersfield, who rely on set pieces and Mounie's aerial threat? Nah.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Utter rubbish. Love it how people write players of after getting the odd 10 mins at the end of a game.
Just what do you expect of the likes of Hemed and Brown given 10 mins at the end of the game on Tuesday ?

I expect them to do something to push the manager into making a decison about possibly considering their start in the next game and neither did offer anything. IMHO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A game of opinions I guess. We have the Bruno Knocky trickery on the right that often allows us to get to the byline and create options but we don't seem to have the same going on down the left. Solly seems to have the belief that he can take on his man, reach the byline and make things happen. Izquierdo seems more inclined to cut back inside to already crowded spaces. Of course, it could be argued that Jose is more likely to make something happen all on his own but I'm not convinced. I also think Liverpool have been a little suspect with crosses so we should be considering them as a weapon.

I think the prioblem with Iziqueirdo is that our midfield try to find him and put the ball to his feet when I thin k it should be put in the area between the full back and rthe corner flag for him to run on to and use his speed to better purpose by exposing the full back and or pulling the CB out of position to cover for him..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Utter rubbish. Love it how people write players of after getting the odd 10 mins at the end of a game.
Just what do you expect of the likes of Hemed and Brown given 10 mins at the end of the game on Tuesday ?

In the most unsurprisingly news of the day, he also wrote off Maty Ryan, way back in Aug/Sept..

Brown to score on Saturday ought to be the 'bet of the weekend'.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Quite looking forward to this game ..the pace of their forward players will give our defence a severe examination..but they do have a rather wobbly defence.
Can’t see any/many changes ..Bong back in for Suttner? Murray for me had a disappointing game on Tuesday ..time for Hemed?

Suttner was MOTM against Palace for me so deserves to keep his spot

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the most unsurprisingly news of the day, he also wrote off Maty Ryan, way back in Aug/Sept..

Brown to score on Saturday ought to be the 'bet of the weekend'.

I would think Matty Ryan has surprised everybody with his vast improvement since training with us. Obviouslyt Ben Roberst coaching is working wonders as he now looks an improvement on Stockdale which he didnt in August. As regards Brown I do not see him pushing for a starting role with us and even less so with Chelsea and will probably follow their many and leave them for another club to ,progress his career. Whether or not he shows enough to make us consider buying him remains to be seen. At the moment I think that seems unlikely but in his defence he isnt 21 until January so time is on his side but has to make big strides very soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#RarelyWrong.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I hope nobody tries to get booked on purpose - it could mis-fire and become a red.
Somehow I would like to see Jose float into the middle sometimes- he's fast enough to keep up with AK and could cause some problems down the middle. At least he could be in box with/out GM when an early cross comes in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope nobody tries to get booked on purpose - it could mis-fire and become a red.
Somehow I would like to see Jose float into the middle sometimes- he's fast enough to keep up with AK and could cause some problems down the middle. At least he could be in box with/out GM when an early cross comes in.

That is an understatement as I would say that he is a lot faster than AK.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Changes for me:

- Solly in for Izquierdo: Definite. Agree with all of the comments above. Izzy hasn't worked out his role in the team yet - we should have been stretching Palace out wide when we attacked, yet he always cut in, and gave little option for Suttner to feed the ball through.

- Hemed for Murray: Maybe. Glenn looks tired, although Tomer didn't do too much when he came on to justify it. We need the second half vs Newcastle Tomer please.

- Schelotto or Rosenior for Bruno: Possibly? Will Bruno be able to cope with four PL games in 13 days ?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan
Bruno
Duffy (or Uwe, if Shane's not 100%, which I don't think he was on Tuesday)
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Pröpper
Izquierdo
Groß
Murray

Subs : Krul, Schelotto, Uwe, Kayal, Suttner, Brown, Hemed, March

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003

He floats into the middle all the time - mostly when we need him haring down the flanks!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Quite looking forward to this game ..the pace of their forward players will give our defence a severe examination..but they do have a rather wobbly defence.
Can’t see any/many changes ..Bong back in for Suttner? Murray for me had a disappointing game on Tuesday ..time for Hemed?

Strictly speaking that's not true. They have a wobbly defence away from home. At Anfield, they've only conceded twice this season I believe.

Still, luckily for us, the game is at the AMEX.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
OrneryComfortableHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

83189c04-eb61-400d-a678-ad065db48fe3

b37d9e14-a4aa-415b-992e-70d0252f0ca4

p83299.png

f44a260e-672a-4115-b489-27ac6bae123d

cb68854c-43a3-4131-9529-6ab879fe3bb5

3d817444-f5aa-4061-a436-dfec4bb0598a

7805c5b6-5833-4188-8c77-81568372569f

p109345.png

skysports-pascal-gross-brighton-amex-stadium-football-premier-league_4106100.jpg

08300bc0-f501-4e51-9a95-e21e2619ba3c

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Dunk was on five bookings, but it is only 3. Duffy is on 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here