Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match day suggestions for fan from States?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Get there early and go into the Amex and enjoy our lovely stadium/the warm up/nice pies

I would suggest that Kyle and Bridget, being Americans, will enjoy several of our pies. And probably a few portions of chips...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wonder how the Amex compares to the 1billion dollar U.S Bank Stadium? Think the Vikings will go all the way?

1200px-US_Bank_Stadium_-_West_Facade.jpg

2c0d2b-20160828-vikes01.jpg

Probably the most jaw-dropping, awesome stadium I have ever seen.

I had a walk around the outside of it and desperately wanted to take the tour, but it was booked up solid for the next 2 months, so just had to make to with the club shop. Its hosting this seasons Superbowl in February, so if the Vikings make it all the way, that'll be a hell of an occasion.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
1200px-US_Bank_Stadium_-_West_Facade.jpg

2c0d2b-20160828-vikes01.jpg

Probably the most jaw-dropping, awesome stadium I have ever seen.

I had a walk around the outside of it and desperately wanted to take the tour, but it was booked up solid for the next 2 months, so just had to make to with the club shop. Its hosting this seasons Superbowl in February, so if the Vikings make it all the way, that'll be a hell of an occasion.

bloody ell

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
They're building a brand new stadium for their soccer team as well, I don't know if it's in Minneapolis or St. Paul. Same ultra-modern design, but a quarter of the seats of the Vikings facility.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
They're building a brand new stadium for their FOOTBALL team as well, I don't know if it's in Minneapolis or St. Paul. Same ultra-modern design, but a quarter of the seats of the Vikings facility.

Sorry pal, I had to edit your post there.
The word soccer is just unacceptable :thumbsup:

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You know, I once read that the term "soccer" likely originated in your neck of the woods!
Derived from "Association Football". I can only assume that our posh public (private) school brethren used the term "soccer" to differentiate it from "rugger" (Rugby Football).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Derived from "Association Football". I can only assume that our posh public (private) school brethren used the term "soccer" to differentiate it from "rugger" (Rugby Football).

That makes perfect sense, as don’t some east coast posh colleges etc play rugby, and I would imagine employed upper class English pe teachers who would use the term soccer more than a football fan, therefore the term soccer catching on.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You know, I once read that the term "soccer" likely originated in your neck of the woods!

That makes perfect sense, as don’t some east coast posh colleges etc play rugby, and I would imagine employed upper class English pe teachers who would use the term soccer more than a football fan, therefore the term soccer catching on.

Soccer is, indeed, a word that originated in the UK and was pretty widely used after the Second World War - an Albion director (Alec Whitcher) wrote a number of books in the mid-to-late forties and two of them included the word in the title:-

SoccerCalling1946.jpg

VoiceofSoccer1947.jpg

And from 1949:

BlueBookofSoccer.jpg

And from 1960:

HotbedofSoccer1961.jpg

And from 1981:

SoccerTribe1981.jpg

It makes perfect sense that Americans call the game soccer, as they already had a game called football. I think these days some Brits reject the term BECAUSE it is seen as an "Americanism".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That would be amazing. It is Kyle and Bridget from St Paul, Minnesota. :)

Is it just me or....could this whole thread not be a wind up? aka Nigel and Kylee from you know where? :wozza::lolol::bigwave:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Is it just me or....could this whole thread not be a wind up? aka Nigel and Kylee from you know where? :wozza::lolol::bigwave:

You're an old cynic. However, I feel that post 55 contains enough clues to suggest not - well constructed, well punctuated, lack of spelling mistakes, and knowledgeable content. But I could be wrong - oh, the seeds of doubt have been planted!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're an old cynic. However, I feel that post 55 contains enough clues to suggest not - well constructed, well punctuated, lack of spelling mistakes, and knowledgeable content. But I could be wrong - oh, the seeds of doubt have been planted!

:lolol::thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here