Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I wouldn't hold your breath. The referendum was simply an aid for the politicians to decide (that is what a democracy is) we vote them in, and they decide.

If a referendum was made to have my arm chopped off and i lost it. Doesn't mean i cannot still argue against it. After all i am allowed an opinion, that is democracy.

Theresa May still cannot admit she wouldn't vote remain again and she knows more about it than us.

Food remaining unpicked and rotting in fields: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/05/brexit-uk-food-industry-eu-fruit-veg-pickers

Nurses 96% down since brexit and hospital wards are closing: https://www.theguardian.com/society...istering-to-work-in-britain-since-brexit-vote

9000 banks planning on leaving the UK after brexit: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...eu-european-union-jpmorgan-hsbc-a7724231.html

The argumnet for Brexit about soverignty. Parliament has always been sovereign: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...endum-campaign-brussels-article-a7559556.html

The British government has always retained full control over its own border controls. They just never operated them: https://fullfact.org/europe/border-security-eu/

This thread fooked me off long ago but since i last posted more and more fact based evidence is coming to light about the horrors of brexit.

note: don't expect a response from me should you respond to this. Lifes to short.

Glad you don't post on here very often.You seem almost as dumb as another poster on here.Do you have more than one login?
9,000 banks leaving,nurses down 96%,I hope you are just posting for Comic Relief.

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn't hold your breath. The referendum was simply an aid for the politicians to decide (that is what a democracy is) we vote them in, and they decide.

If a referendum was made to have my arm chopped off and i lost it. Doesn't mean i cannot still argue against it. After all i am allowed an opinion, that is democracy.

Theresa May still cannot admit she wouldn't vote remain again and she knows more about it than us.

Food remaining unpicked and rotting in fields: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/05/brexit-uk-food-industry-eu-fruit-veg-pickers

Nurses 96% down since brexit and hospital wards are closing: https://www.theguardian.com/society...istering-to-work-in-britain-since-brexit-vote

9000 banks planning on leaving the UK after brexit: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...eu-european-union-jpmorgan-hsbc-a7724231.html

The argumnet for Brexit about soverignty. Parliament has always been sovereign: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...endum-campaign-brussels-article-a7559556.html

The British government has always retained full control over its own border controls. They just never operated them: https://fullfact.org/europe/border-security-eu/

This thread fooked me off long ago but since i last posted more and more fact based evidence is coming to light about the horrors of brexit.

note: don't expect a response from me should you respond to this. Lifes to short.
clutching at straws #STILL LEAVING :wink:
regards
DR

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Glad you don't post on here very often.You seem almost as dumb as another poster on here.Do you have more than one login?
9,000 banks leaving,nurses down 96%,I hope you are just posting for Comic Relief.

I know, fancy JP Morgan and Apple spending over £3bn on their new London offices, how stupid of these top companies to waste their money when they should have gone to a location within the EU. Didn't know we had 9,000 banks, as for nurses surely you mean the recruitment of EU nurses is 96% down. That will be because just after the referendum the aplications were up. Have you ever asked yourself why nursing in the UK is so attractive to overseas medical practioners?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I know, fancy JP Morgan and Apple spending over £3bn on their new London offices, how stupid of these top companies to waste their money when they should have gone to a location within the EU. Didn't know we had 9,000 banks, as for nurses surely you mean the recruitment of EU nurses is 96% down. That will be because just after the referendum the aplications were up. Have you ever asked yourself why nursing in the UK is so attractive to overseas medical practioners?

Might be helpful if you show where you are getting your figures for nursing from? Seems very odd that between 23rd June and July there was a massive spike in applications and then a massive 96% drop!!!!

As for JP Morgan and Apple, have they spent that much or is that the cost of the developments to the contractors and the two companies will merely lease space in those developments? Also, aren't JP Morgan planning to move more staff to Dublin, Frankfurt and Luxembourg purely because of Brexit?

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Might be helpful if you show where you are getting your figures for nursing from? Seems very odd that between 23rd June and July there was a massive spike in applications and then a massive 96% drop!!!!

You've just agreed with my observations, I can only surmise that applications in advance of EU negotiations were up due to EU nurses wanting to get in before the door shut and then subsequently a fall afterwards because of those who had applied earlier. The figures are all over the internet, don't be lazy have a look.

D

Deleted member 22389

You've just agreed with my observations, I can only surmise that applications in advance of EU negotiations were up due to EU nurses wanting to get in before the door shut and then subsequently a fall afterwards because of those who had applied earlier. The figures are all over the internet, don't be lazy have a look.

Makes complete sense.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

No I haven't. You were trying to suggest the 96% drop was an anomaly caused because there was a massive increase in applications post the referendum. There is no evidence to suggest that that is the case and you haven't provided any links to from where you got your information from! I was merely pointing out that it would be very odd that you get a very large increase that offsets the very large drop. So odd that I don't believe it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

As for JP Morgan and Apple, have they spent that much or is that the cost of the developments to the contractors and the two companies will merely lease space in those developments? Also, aren't JP Morgan planning to move more staff to Dublin, Frankfurt and Luxembourg purely because of Brexit?

Ah, Dublin, now not attractive because of the punitive EU attention, Luxembourg that famous low tax haven of the eighties from which Junkers eminates and Frankfurt,hmm do they speak German in Hong Kong, China and Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. JP Morgan have done more than plan for London they have put their money where their mouth is, as for their plans, well lets wait and see.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ah, Dublin, now not attractive because of the punitive EU attention, Luxembourg that famous low tax haven of the eighties from which Junkers eminates and Frankfurt,hmm do they speak German in Hong Kong, China and Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. JP Morgan have done more than plan for London they have put their money where their mouth is, as for their plans, well lets wait and see.

No links to this mythical 3b nor the nurses but you carry on!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No I haven't. You were trying to suggest the 96% drop was an anomaly caused because there was a massive increase in applications post the referendum. There is no evidence to suggest that that is the case and you haven't provided any links to from where you got your information from! I was merely pointing out that it would be very odd that you get a very large increase that offsets the very large drop. So odd that I don't believe it.

You don't believe it and I rarely believe anything promulgated by the press and any political party, that includes the civil service. Draw your own conclusion, do you feel these figures when you or your family and friends use the NHS, there is massive hyperbole around funding for all departments in Government and this is part of that process. I know that some will link this with Brexit, but we will need to change the way the NHS is run and operated to see any real improvements.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You don't believe it and I rarely believe anything promulgated by the press and any political party, that includes the civil service. Draw your own conclusion, do you feel these figures when you or your family and friends use the NHS, there is massive hyperbole around funding for all departments in Government and this is part of that process. I know that some will link this with Brexit, but we will need to change the way the NHS is run and operated to see any real improvements.

I haven't been on this thread for a while and now I remember why. It's populated with imbeciles who can't back up their argument. I might as well say that since the Brexit vote 15 million jobs have been moved abroad. Apparently I don't need to back this up with any facts as that's not the done thing.

You're posting shit and you know you are, or at least I hope you know you are. Maybe not. Maybe you voted leave because you are as dumb as your posts.

You posted stating that JP Morgan and Apple had spent £3b on new offices. You must have seen that somewhere so post the link. If you didn't see it anywhere that would suggest it's made up. As for the nurses, there have been rises in the number of EU nurses since about 2010 but no massive spike like you suggest. Or, of course, you have statistics to show otherwise.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
By this logic, we should never have had a referendum last year. The issue was settled in the referendum of 1975, when we voted to join.

Not saying that's what I believe, but your logic here has a hole the size of a supernova.

There should have been a referendum every time the EU changed. We joined a common market and ended up in a political union without the electorate having any proper say. Nothing has changed with the EU since June 2016 so no need for another referendum. Plenty of policies change in five years in domestic politics hence a general election.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Frankfurt,hmm do they speak German in Hong Kong, China and Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. .

They don’t speak much Mandarin or Hindi in The City either.....

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bedwetters and anti-democrats still blathering on I see.

I sometimes think it would be nice if this thread could be run according to the ancient traditions of British parliamentary democracy. Most times the Speaker would chuck you off the board within two seconds of you opening your mouth.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What they are looking at is solutions to fix the problem Brexit creates, or may create if we go further out of the EU than a Norway type deal. They would not need any special exemptions or status if we remain in the single market.

Well spotted Sherlock......and yet we are quitting being members of the single market, we know it, Grimsby knows it and The EU knows it,as M Barnier has repeated he will strive to negotiate a free and fair trade deal as we exit. You dont need to negotiate a new free trade deal with the single market if we were not quitting being members of it in the first place.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:lolol:
So,there were only British trawlers there?:lolol:Why do people like you make out the British as the only villain all the time?If you don't like being British,go somewhere else.:lolol:

Thank you for the reminder of why I normally have you on " Ignore ". You obviously don't have a clue about fishing but just use my posts to try to get an inane argument going and then try to accuse me of not being " British " . Please go off and support Leeds as you are causing a huge dip in the aggregate IQ of Brighton fans. Adios knuckle dragger, and don't bother to reply, just rub your two brain cells together ( one from each professor ) until they start a fire.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well spotted Sherlock......and yet we are quitting being members of the single market, we know it, Grimsby knows it and The EU knows it,as M Barnier has repeated he will strive to negotiate a free and fair trade deal as we exit. You dont need to negotiate a new free trade deal with the single market if we were not quitting being members of it in the first place.

Semantics.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Dont hold your breath, Berty Bullshit, facts and data are not a good mix.

Lol. You chaps crack me up. Not just because you are so pleasant to people you have never met but also your cutting wit. Not one solution to anything anyone says. Just insults.

Clearly I am not going to provide data - you will just have to take my word for it. You won't, obviously but I have said before how I have dealt with Cummings through work.

I suggest you listen to Nigel. https://twitter.com/nigel_farage/status/928730704510320640

Today's experts he hates are the world health organisation who have the nerve to say smoking is bad. These experts telling him that smoking kills. I wonder if Nigel would want an expert if he broke a bone or developed cancer. My guess is that he would.

Is it 10-15 industries that want special dispensation post Brexit? I don't understand why any would want one given that the EU holds them back.

With that I am fed up with people who can't debate and just insult so time for another break from the intelligence on show in this thread. I think I will probably make it permanent this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here