Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been saving this, for the next 'cycling' thread

DJHLrf9XoAAO8p7.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 91% of car drivers who use their phone while driving could save cyclists from getting injured

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]905512204220465154[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Generally, people that just open car doors without looking are not the kind of people that have the ability or desire to listen to this advice. They're usually either in la la land and likely will always be away with the fairies, or the other group who couldn't give a flying **** about anyone else anyway.

Best way to tackle this problem I reckon is a big education programme on how cyclists have every right to 'take the lane'. It's time every road user learnt that this rule is best for everyone. But unconfident cyclists especially need to learn it for their own safety.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Or 88% of drivers who have this little lever right by the steering wheel which can tell all other road users what they are about to do, but the effort of using it is just too great for their fat jaundiced arms...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Maybe if they used their designated lanes that us car drivers paid for!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe if they used their designated lanes that us car drivers paid for!

That us tax payers paid for. Just as I pay for the roads as a tax payer.

I can't stand this cyclist versus motorist argument. It's tiresome and boring.

There are idiots in cars and idiots on bikes. We need to invest in a sensible transport infrastructure for everyone. Something that encourages cyclists of all abilities and allows for motoring; something that keeps pedestrians, cyclists and motorists safe.

I'll call out idiot behaviour on a bike or in a car, but I'm not about to tar all cyclists and drivers with the same brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

There are idiots in cars and idiots on bikes. We need to invest in a sensible transport infrastructure for everyone. Something that encourages cyclists of all abilities and allows for motoring; something that keeps pedestrians, cyclists and motorists safe.

I'll call out idiot behaviour on a bike or in a car, but I'm not about to tar all cyclists and drivers with the same brush.

[emoji605] [emoji609] [emoji592] [emoji594] [emoji595] [emoji597] [emoji598] [emoji602] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji600]

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You forgot... [emoji594]🚴*♀️[emoji1396]🤸🏽*♂️[emoji965]🛴[emoji605]🛵[emoji237][emoji124]🏼*♀️[emoji125]🏽*♀️[emoji1550]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or the 90% odd of them who dont use lights could try using them!
A cyclist was about to jump the traffic lights by where I live, as I walked in front of him saying 'it's red!'. He stopped and very politely said sorry, and as soon as I was on my way he went and jumped the lights anyway :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tried a 'Dutch Reach' in Amsterdam once. Couldn't walk straight or sit down for the rest of the day.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Just obey the traffic lights, and stop going the wrong way up one way streets, ok?

And pay your road tax. Why isn't there a straight pride?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here