Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Massive

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was pretty funny.
I didn't think any Wednesday fan would be so idiotic to use the term Massive on 606.
Which is why it was probably a Sheffield United fan.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know there are lots about the Massive but this is MASSIVE.
5Live 606 from about 18:45 ish. A Massive fans calls in saying how they should be automatically promoted to the PL because they are Massive (his words) and that small clubs (he mentioned lots including Brighton) should be put in their place in the lower leagues.
But then Jason Mohammad agreed with him, again saying Small clubs don't deserve to be in the PL. Cue Robbie Savage who jumped in to our defence and really takes the mick out of him.
Good shouting match.

Mohammad was more banging on about a Premier League based on club size (how on earth you can quantify this to decide on the 'biggest club'). This is obviously a stupid and entirely hypothetical idea and not one that is ever going to be put in place. Why bother discussing it? Surely they have the latest VAR or referring decision to bang on about?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Mohammad was more banging on about a Premier League based on club size (how on earth you can quantify this to decide on the 'biggest club'). This is obviously a stupid and entirely hypothetical idea and not one that is ever going to be put in place. Why bother discussing it? Surely they have the latest VAR or referring decision to bang on about?

Don't worry.

Englands pathetic performance at the world cup will soon be in the news

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Nothing else to talk about yesterday because Arsenal didn't play. Wait until tonight.
As a by and off topic. Have you noticed how our game has become the 'big game of the day', simply because the BBC don't have coverage of the City v Chelsea game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which is why it was probably a Sheffield United fan.

I have always thought that the term “Massive” was coined on NSC to describe Weds, maybe it was an Albion fan :smile:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've always thought the MASSIVE were a rather small club, based on the fact they have won precisely nothing of note for decades. Just because the ground is MASSIVE, doesn't disguise the fact that the team and club are doughnuts.

Proper Sheffield residents mostly support Sheffield United anyway.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I've always thought the MASSIVE were a rather small club, based on the fact they have won precisely nothing of note for decades. Just because the ground is MASSIVE, doesn't disguise the fact that the team and club are doughnuts.

Proper Sheffield residents mostly support Sheffield United anyway.

Bit worrying given we've never won anything.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Losing at home to Ipswich tonight, not going well for the PL PUSH ???

£25m to £30m spent on players, down the pan.

IMG_2465.PNG

That should shut their band up.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
They said on the radio earlier that Mick McCarthy has never lost a game a Hillsborough. So it continues.

Gotta love Mick.

giphy.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here