Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting at the pumps

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You know those cars parked right down the far end of the supermarket car park, miles from the store, so far that the owners get soaked to the skin if it is raining? That's me that is, avoiding all the selfish toxxers who have no concerns about damaging your paintwork, or denting your bodywork. The kind of people who use their car roof as somewhere to rest a box of groceries while they open their boot, or who cannot be bothered to return their trolley to the correct place, instead leaving it out in the main car park to get blown into someone elses car on a windy day. If you look closely, very often you will see some of the shiniest, most expensive cars down that end of the car park, with good reason too.

Actually on this point you are correct. It,s often the case.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Then you simply you not be on the road if you are unsure of ability ot handle a vehicle in a confined enviroment ?

Perhaps you should apply a similar approach yourself, by not joining a discussion forum if your grammar and spelling skills do not allow you to make your point coherently :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
parking8.jpg

When I see the rancid selfish COCK-KNOCKERS who park their shiny precious love-of-their-lives like this, just so that no car can park next to them, I get seriously, seriously tempted to give it a bit of a clip with my trolley on the way past.
I've seen a few photos recently where dickheads that park like this come back to discover a trolley has been cable tied to their car.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I witnessed something literally an hour ago that fits in this thread like a glove.

Filling up happily at Sainsburys, Lyons Farm. (The correct side FYI but I often go the 'wrong' side with no bodywork scratching or spillage incidents)

Then a voice comes over the loadspeaker "Number 3. Do you need assistance? " I look over and this woman is trying to get the hose to the filler cap. (She parked 'wrong' side) but had stopped WAY short so was trying to reach her filler cap by walking around the FRONT of her car. Never gonna reach love. She then tries to walk back around and her hose knocks another one out of the pump. Now she's all TANGLED up. The voice appears again.

"Number 3. Are you sure you are ok?"

Much chortle and nods amongst the other filler uppers.

Classic.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Any particular reason why?[/QUOTE

I guess it comes from having an Engineering backgound . When you have 2 options to achieve the same result , the most efficient way is always best when there are zero financial considerations .

Typical blinkered engineer - never considering the commercial implications of what they do.

There IS likely to be a financial consideration if one option means a 2 minute wait in the queue while the engineer's preferred option needs a 10 minute wait - efficiency can be measured in time/cost as well as just simple effort.

Peskey blue-collars .....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
People that park at a pump but don't get petrol-lazy f~~@ wits of the highest order..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That is seriously worrying.

Especially as the little *pump* on the dashboard of cars -comes with the *arrow* tells you which side to fill from.
article-0-09B23BEE000005DC-889_468x286.jpg

So this one is fill on the OFFSIDE (drivers side)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Life's too short to get annoyed at the way other people do things. Live and let live I say, you can't and won't change peoples behaviour so there is no point in letting it get to you.

Zen and the Art of Petrol Station Negotiation.

D

Deleted member 2719

On a single use probably not, hundreds of times on the same spot over 3 or 4 years will undoubtedly take the gloss off the paintwork though.

Shouldn't be a problem for you being your always polishing your hood.:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here