Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, 1 point down and anything at Arsenal claws it back.

:albion2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I was just going to post an update every ten games, but given yesterday's result what the hell!

So yes we are still one point down, but critically we have four games coming up from which we are only expected to get one point. I'd hope at the ten game point we may be ahead of the game with our first "bonus" points on the board. Key here though is if we don't get much from the next four games there really is no need to panic. We will still more or less be on track.

Attachments

• Tracker game 6.png
    Tracker game 6.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 555
  • Tracker game 6 graph.png
    Tracker game 6 graph.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 557

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Any chance of a Palace tracker? purely for comparison.

I am tempted to say they are the line running along the bottom, but that's the easy bit. Where should they be? Using the same theory they should have 7 points by now. They haven't though. They have NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NOTHING, EMPTY, WORTHLESS, SCUM.

P.s.) final stat, just in case you were wondering they have also scored NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NOTHING, EMPTY, WORTHLESS, SCUM :) :) :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've only just noticed its been right in 5 out of 6 games so far. Bloody boringly predictable Premier League. Lets hope it continues.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Every ten games?

You have to this every SINGLE game.

I did chortle at Giraffe's optimism there. Imagine thinking that you'd be able to only update such a thread on NSC every ten (or even five) games. Every win or unexpected draw and everyone would be shouting for an update. If we lose I think we'd let it slide, but I'm certainly not confident. Everyone loves a nice table and graph.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I did chortle at Giraffe's optimism there. Imagine thinking that you'd be able to only update such a thread on NSC every ten (or even five) games. Every win or unexpected draw and everyone would be shouting for an update. If we lose I think we'd let it slide, but I'm certainly not confident. Everyone loves a nice table and graph.

I still think there is a place for colour. Nothing beats the instant gratification of seeing a green box or line on a graph or the horror of red despair. A shot of orange will keep people on their toes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is a magnificent thread, great work [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION].

Interestingly, it's the way Sam Allardyce has always worked - he said as much a few years ago. He breaks the season down into manageable chunks and demands his teams work particularly hard on achieving points at key games so as not to get nasty surprises when you realise those game in hands mean jack sh!t when they are away to Man Utd or home to Chelsea.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This might sound crazy – and I'm almost certainly going to be wrong – but I think it MIGHT be a draw at the Emirates next Sunday. Three games in a week for the Gooners, including European football? I know there's the squad rotation thing to take into account, but there's still a chance of coming away with something...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was just going to post an update every ten games, but given yesterday's result what the hell!

So yes we are still one point down, but critically we have four games coming up from which we are only expected to get one point. I'd hope at the ten game point we may be ahead of the game with our first "bonus" points on the board. Key here though is if we don't get much from the next four games there really is no need to panic. We will still more or less be on track.

Great work ... I shall check in regularly

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This might sound crazy – and I'm almost certainly going to be wrong – but I think it MIGHT be a draw at the Emirates next Sunday. Three games in a week for the Gooners, including European football? I know there's the squad rotation thing to take into account, but there's still a chance of coming away with something...
I must admit I have a sneaky feeling we could too, especially if we can frustrate them early on.

The best odds on the draw are 59/10 (6.9), coincidentally from Hove based bookie MarathonBet, which is even better than Betfair exchange.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Any chance of a copy of that spreadsheet ? Would like to print out copies and update.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here