Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's a good job the picture above wasn't taken a second or two before, because then we'd have to have a debate about whether Kayal tried to leg up Barton or not.

Blaming Barton for you not getting promoted is the biggest pile of whining shite I've ever read.

The 5 losses and the 16 other times that you drew a game may be something to do with it.

Claret enduced myopia concerning a criminal player. Go and inbreed or whatever you do!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's a good job the picture above wasn't taken a second or two before, because then we'd have to have a debate about whether Kayal tried to leg up Barton or not.

Blaming Barton for you not getting promoted is the biggest pile of whining shite I've ever read.

The 5 losses and the 16 other times that you drew a game may be something to do with it.

There is no whining involved and your abuse is unwarranted and demeaning only to you. I'd guess that you are over-reacting because you sense a slight on your own team's achievement that season. I've nothing against Burnley, but it is an obvious fact that Barton deliberately tried to injure an opponent in that game and got away with it. If you can't see that it can only be because you are looking through claret tinted spectacles. As my brother once said as we both called for a foul for us that obviously wasn't: 'Football. It makes liars of us all.'

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If Hemed's foul warrants a 3 match ban then this deserves 6 at least. How has Britos managed to escape further punishment?

giphy.gif

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Still clinging onto that one? You usually post sensibly but this position lets you down.

It was just about the most blatant stamp you will ever see, performed by one of the most blatantly dirty players in the game (well not anymore thankfully). You dodged one that afternoon, we've dodged plenty before and some dodge more than others so I don't know why you are trying to turn it around on us as if we are all suggesting perennial hardship. Ultimately most would agree that two major incidents in games against our automatic promotion rivals were pivotal in our failure that season, and both went against us. Nobody is suggesting it tars your push for and eventual promotion that season or that our habitual sharing of points didn't hinder ours.

The barton incident(s) doesn't get me anywhere near as riled as the other one mind, but now we have a similar incident a couple years later involving our own player (and only fit striker) and he's given a 3 match ban without a second glance, it is bound to resurface and both compared.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seriously? So you want the picture of Barton stamping to be taken a couple of seconds before he's stamped :facepalm: Are you that blind to your sides faults? Barton fouled Kayal, and then so that he could stamp on Kayal he pretended to go and get the ball (which we'd need for our free kick). And then he stamped.

It's a fair comment. The ref's decision cost us points that day, so of course it could have contributed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not your typical stamp.....hemed off balance and looked like he needed to change his footing , the other players legs are in constant motion so you are going to have to be happy to take 50/50 odds of connecting if you are intending to stamp , also if you are just trying to change your footing to maintain balance then there is a 50/50 chance of stepping on the grounded players leg..... the toe of hemes's boot makes contact first indicating to me that he was genuinely trying to maintain his balance........don't know who's on the review board ...i'll wait to be gobsmacked by the ruling.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Feel sorry for Tomer, but it seems pretty clear he's going to get a 3 match ban. This emphasises that we were not one, but two strikers short in the transfer window. I'm glad the next game is Arsenal away as we might not expect a result. Let's hope Glenn Murray can get fit soon - at least to face Everton. We need at least two points from Everton at home and West Ham away. !

talk2knighty

Dec 26, 2014
Feel sorry for Tomer, but it seems pretty clear he's going to get a 3 match ban. This emphasises that we were not one, but two strikers short in the transfer window. I'm glad the next game is Arsenal away as we might not expect a result. Let's hope Glenn Murray can get fit soon - at least to face Everton. We need at least two points from Everton at home and West Ham away. !

Agreed

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Accidental all day long, slow sporting news day, just the one game being played and he is just being made an example of to deter players even considering doing it in the future.
Reaction of Sky pundits is ridiculous, especially knobs Keys and Curbs.
People who have played the game get it better than others who haven't.
Maybe a blessing in disguise and we get to actually see what the new signings can do.
Just hope we don't drop too many points finding out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I still believe it was unintentional and that the FA's hand has been forced, not by Newcastle, but by a TV company needing to justify its own existence. That said, now he's charged we need to take it on the chin as we can't afford to lose Tomer for an extra game.

Proves two things; firstly there is no consistency in football and secondly that we needed to bring two strikers in. Let's hope Glenn turns in to Lazarus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
not your typical stamp.....hemed off balance and looked like he needed to change his footing , the other players legs are in constant motion so you are going to have to be happy to take 50/50 odds of connecting if you are intending to stamp , also if you are just trying to change your footing to maintain balance then there is a 50/50 chance of stepping on the grounded players leg..... the toe of hemes's boot makes contact first indicating to me that he was genuinely trying to maintain his balance........don't know who's on the review board ...i'll wait to be gobsmacked by the ruling.

Pretty much how I saw it. A clumsy attempt to maintain balance in a tight space. Violent conduct my arse quite frankly. Still this is the FA we are talking about here, I expect Tomer to be banned for three games. Play Brown or a resurrected Murray upfront and get on with it.

I am happy to criticise dumb and violent behaviour by our players but to me it looks like Tomer treads on the guy trying to maintain balance, not a deliberate attempt to stamp and injure Yedlin.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I still believe it was unintentional and that the FA's hand has been forced, not by Newcastle, but by a TV company needing to justify its own existence. That said, now he's charged we need to take it on the chin as we can't afford to lose Tomer for an extra game.

Proves two things; firstly there is no consistency in football and secondly that we needed to bring two strikers in. Let's hope Glenn turns in to Lazarus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partly this.......it's turned into a big deal partly because we were the only game on Sunday, and it was the only major talking point so it's been discussed to death in the media because of the relentless need to fill column inches and airtime about the PL. If there had been other games, with bigger incidents, doubt there would have been anything like the same clamour.

Don't think he's got much hope of a successful appeal, and do think it was deliberate, but it's at the softer end of the scale (compared with what Barton did for example) - if the ref had seen it would likely have been a red ? Problem is the punishment (as we've seen with the assault by Britos) is the same.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hemed stamp [charged with violent misconduct]

The rear angle looks bad but gives some cause to think he was off balance. The front angle shows his eyes are on the ball from start to finish. Given Tomer's usual nature, it'd be a surprise if it was deliberate but, if he was an opposing player, we'd probably think it was.

Most annoying aspect I think is that it didn't seem to be much of an issue at the time or afterwards when Yedlin played it down and Benitez didn't seem bothered at all. That seems very unlikely if they'd felt it was malicious. All credit to them for not seeking a distraction from the result (well, apart from the rubbish about a foul on Mbemba, but there's always something with every manager...)

The curse of the slomo replay that makes any contact look bad. I'd have all those sequences including at least one angle at full speed, because if so often looks completely different at game pace.

Oh well. Just have to get on with it when Tomer's side of the story inevitably falls on deaf ears. They'd better all play in carpet slippers in future, just in case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here