Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will T-Bloom now make changes to the Amex for next season?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The problem is, its really not "that" loud.

I haven't been to a game before where the home noise was like the riverside - yeah its a one-off, but they still did it. I am absolutely fuming about the result and now that cant be changed a lot of my anger has moved to sorting out what is a sh!t atmosphere compared to what I just witnessed.

TB was at the game, surely he would like his "home" rocking like that....
Stoke is the loudest home support I've heard, though mostly them singing that song over and over again.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Isn't the Riverside half empty most of the season anyway? ???

They are just below us in average attendance this season:
1 Derby County 29,654
2 Brighton & Hove 25,583
3 Middlesbrough 24,209
4 Sheffield Wed 22,640
5 Leeds Utd 22,446
6 Wolverhampton 19,914
7 Nottm Forest 19,675
8 Ipswich Town 18,989
9 Birmingham City 17,602
10 Fulham 17,582
11 Reading 17,285
12 Hull City 16,901
13 Burnley 16,823
14 Cardiff City 16,255
15 QP Rangers 15,962

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Regardless of what league we're in, after sitting through the electric atmosphere at Boro, will TB finally make some much needed changes to boost the Amex noise?

A few things jump out to me....

1. Move away fans to a corner or west/east upper wings.
2. Sell South stand to home fans to have home support when shooting at both ends
3. Allow a "proper" singing area in either the North or South.... perhaps easier in the South if moving the away fans as then no-one will have to get moved from their seat in the North if they don't want to. The south could be like that Red Faction thing at Boro..... doesn't matter what anyone says if its cool or cringy, it bloody works.
4. Long-term perhaps allow a safe standing area behind one of the goals, Celtic have it in their new plans, and people want to stand all game anyway.
5. Bin all the loud PA music on the build up to the kick off and allow the fans to create a proper atmosphere themselves.

The boro atmosphere may have been a one-off, but we need to aim for that. We need some proper long-lasting songs not just Albiiiooooon which fades after 15 seconds. The Amex has its moments but to much of the time the North has some weird inner-stand battle going on with each side which is embarrassing. We really do need to up our game and it starts on Monday.

Can't see anything being changed now as everyone has already renewed their season tickets. Any plans to move the away area would need to be announced before ST renewals start.

Having the away fans in corner meant they were very close the family stand and also left big sections of empty seating behind the goal as most away clubs didn't sell out their allocation, which looked bad on TV.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I sit in ESL and really enjoyed the away support being fairly close for those few games - no complaints from me.
I do however recollect objects being thrown by some of our supporters in East upper onto the Cardiff away support.

Agree that there is still work to be done to build more vocal support and even a touch of hostile atmosphere.

I really think we need to try doing this again instead kowtowing to a few mealy-mouthed whingers - "the nasty northern man said a rude word". They should by offered the chance to relocate elsewhere (at family stand rates) or they can f*cking lump it.
I'd also make the South Stand the main singing stand - get the two North Stand groups to relocate there and stick them next to each other. Get the other North Stand singers to go with them - leave the cheap ticket brigade where they are. Implement [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] 's idea for cheap tkts U21 supporters to fill either the gaps in the North Stand or the rest of the South Stand with positive age discrimination policy. To encourage this there would be a clamp down on standing in the North Stand and we would attack the South goal in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've been at the Riverside when the traffic outside on a very distant road is louder than the Boro support.

Simply, we have to step up on Monday evening, and it will help if the team plays well. It would be nice to suggest that a sell-out crowd will lift the team with its fantastic support, but a lifetime of supporting the Albion makes me think otherwise.

It's a sad fact that the larger the crowd at the Albion - and this was true at the Goldstone too - the more people in it are just waiting to bring out the 'same old rubbish' moans. We had fantastic, noisy crowds when we were smashing our way through the third and second divisions under Alan Mullery and then when we got to the top flight and it wasn't quite so easy, the moans started and the crowds started to fall.

Give people a bandwagon like the 1983 FA Cup run to jump on and everything will be great, but the league attendances that season were terrible. Loads of people complained that they couldn't get tickets for the final even though they were lifelong fans, but only around 14,000 of those 'lifelong fans' could be bothered to attend the league match against Stoke when Cup Final ticket vouchers were given away - the match after our win at Anfield.

You'd think the opportunity for promotion to the Premier League would get everyone going, and I hope I'm proved wrong on Saturday, but I think it's the crowd not the stadium.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's be honest, we're a fairly middle class club, and the fanbase has grown so much in a short time that not all 26k are going to be die hard. With the best will in the world, our demographics isn't going to lend itself to comparing in vociferousness with an old fashioned working class club like Boro.

Ohhh [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] is going to kick your @rse. Or rather give you the same tiresome lecture about Lancing and Hastings he posts on every thread and show you a picture of the ham, egg and chips he had for his tea.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I really think we need to try doing this again instead kowtowing to a few mealy-mouthed whingers - "the nasty northern man said a rude word". They should by offered the chance to relocate elsewhere (at family stand rates) or they can f*cking lump it.
I'd also make the South Stand the main singing stand - get the two North Stand groups to relocate there and stick them next to each other. Get the other North Stand singers to go with them - leave the cheap ticket brigade where they are. Implement [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] 's idea for cheap tkts U21 supporters to fill either the gaps in the North Stand or the rest of the South Stand with positive age discrimination policy. To encourage this there would be a clamp down on standing in the North Stand and we would attack the South goal in the 2nd half.

I am all for that,in fact make it our new end....SOUTH RULE!!!!....

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It'll be interesting to revisit this thread after next Monday. The noise at Boro was impressive. If we can replicate the noise created at say the Doncaster game then this thread is redundant. Boro turned it on for their big game. No reason to think we can't do the same.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I am all for that,in fact make it our new end....SOUTH RULE!!!!....

It's actually a few rows bigger than the North as well Gold

The-South-Will-Rise-Again-300x2291.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It'll be interesting to revisit this thread after next Monday. The noise at Boro was impressive. If we can replicate the noise created at say the Doncaster game then this thread is redundant. Boro turned it on for their big game. No reason to think we can't do the same.

Monday should be declared a public holiday in Sussex so everyone can get tanked up before the game.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here