Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
The only reason I'm so pissed off about us not going up this season is that the new TV money starts next season and thus, the true beginning of the split begins. If we don't make it in the next 2 to 3 seasons we never will, and nor will anyone else, and that sucks.

Season after next, I thought?

Good on 'em if they've circumvented fair-play. Crappy rule anyway, designed to keep the smaller clubs in their place and maintain the status quo. Much like the Premier League and the recently-extended parachute-payments.

Not sure what the OP is being a tit about them for, either. Lots of money goes on them to get promoted, their price goes down. That's how it works. No bookies are suggesting it's done-and-dusted.

And it's wasted money, anyway; looking at their last few matches they're clearly mentally shot, and won't get automatic promotion. Given that, I would be extremely surprised if they did anyrthing in the play-offs.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must admit whenever I've been away to Bournemouth away its been dead friendly. Hard to be-grudge them promotion been pretty consistent this season

Our wage bill is about 5 million more than bounemouths...people are deluded if they think ours is less.

You've used the present tense here?
The last set of accounts published by AFCB relate to their promotion season from Div 1 (ie 2012/13) when their club wage bill was £11m; in comparison ours was £7.2m when we were similarly promoted two seasons previously.

Chris.H.

Nov 6, 2014
But, to recap, this thread was about a 1/10 shot in a four horse race where there could be surprises in store.

You are forgetting that the bookmakers odds reflect the betting markets not the opinion of any particular individual or firm. If someone has walked into E.Howe & Sons Bookmakers and lumped on AFCB to get promoted he is going to reduce the price of AFCB (he wants no more money on them) and lengthen Watford et al because he needs to balance the books. Just economics, not bias.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You've used the present tense here?
The last set of accounts published by AFCB relate to their promotion season from Div 1 (ie 2012/13) when their club wage bill was £11m; in comparison ours was £7.2m when we were similarly promoted two seasons previously.

True, but we were playing at Withdean at the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great news for Albion fans in this morning's Argus. We are scouring Europe for the new Ulloa. I am thrilled we have started looking for a replacement to be in place next season...having not bothered this year :smile:

Maybe WE can do a Bournemouth in a few years.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I hope they get promoted. An outstanding manager and, as far as I can see, a team put together at comparable cost to Albion's in the last three years- as well as a lower wage bill ? Good for them.

They have a huge amount of money from Russian owner and their wage bill is considerably more than ours!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
AFC Bournemouth > Brighton & Hove Albion :down:

How. On. Earth. Has. It. Come. To. This.

Nailed on. Im happy to lead the root and branch review of this as its ****ing disgrace frankly. Im calling it even if no else is.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Congratulations to Bournemouth. Gives hope to all us little teams.

Well done.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They have a huge amount of money from Russian owner and their wage bill is considerably more than ours!!

Well Albion have a huge amount of money invested from a rich owner and our wage bill is eye watering, literally this season given our performance. As the last public accounts published for Bournemouth were for season 2012/13 and TB has twice insisted this season that our playing budget for 2014/15 was the highest for the club "in its history" then how do you know that Bournemouth's wage bill was "considerably more than ours !!" . Especially given many of their sqaud, but not all, will be on contracts first negotiated when they were a L1 team.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
They play in the same division as us and operate in the same transfer market. Their two main defenders are players we gave them. They have a young manager who clearly knows how to select and motivate his team. They operate on crowds less than half of our lowest ones. They are top and looking at automatic promotion, something we couldn't achieve over the last two seasons. This season we are scraping around at the bottom of the league, hoping that other teams will save us. Good luck to Bournemouth, maybe we'll play them again some day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here