Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Murray is having an absolute disaster. Four fouls against, none won, 2 passes completed, 6 failed and wasted our best chance by jogging slowly into the corner when Groß was clean through.

Plus offside barely inside their half three or four times too, when he was not even looking to run in behind.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loud groans and moans coming from the home fans when we don’t go forward. Not exactly sure what some fans who are there are expecting.

Not sure it's any sort of mystery why loud groans and moans come from the home fans when we don’t go forward. Defending deep and playing defence against attack isn't exactly doing us a lot of good at the moment.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Loud groans and moans coming from the home fans when we don’t go forward. Not exactly sure what some fans who are there are expecting.

To go forward? Stephens hasn’t played a forward pass all game. Not interested in scoring, just try and keep the score down.

At least I can get an early dart without worrying about missing anything.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
More loud groans of discontent as Stephens carelessly gives the ball away in midfield. Few boos audible as half-time whilstle blown

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not sure it's any sort of mystery why loud groans and moans come from the home fans when we don’t go forward. Defending deep and playing defence against attack isn't exactly doing us a lot of good at the moment.

To go forward? Stephens hasn’t played a forward pass all game. Not interested in scoring, just try and keep the score down.

At least I can get an early dart without worrying about missing anything.

But we’re playing against Chelsea, a team who won the Premier League 18 months ago. Maybe a bit of perspective is needed here.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Defo offside.
Untitled.png

I'd go for the old fashioned triple and see how we fare with pace in the team, Murray Gross Stephens off Andone Bissouma Locadia on, wake up the crowd

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is dreadful but absolutely no surprise at all. The initiative was handed to Chelsea when the team sheets went in. It’s almost like Hughton wrote off this game before it started. So disappointing.

To be fair, so did most of us. The difference is, most of us - well, many of us at least - would have liked that to be taken as an opportunity to risk playing a more attacking game rather than a none-too-successful damage limitation attempt.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
my question of the day .... do the Albion players actually practise passing the ball to one another ?

my answer would be .. on that first half display ... hell no

I have seen some poor performances from Albion this season , this isnt the worst but can the players actually see each other because they seem convinced we are playing in yellow by the number of times they have passed straight to a yellow jersey

poor decision on first goal as was offside by player standing in front of and affecting Ryan but top 6 side will always get the decisions (generally)

second goal no idea what Balogun was doing , he fell into the Chelsea trap and boom 0-2

some good forward movement but completely lacking any teeth in the final third , even worse is even if we had the teeth we have no one feeding it into the right place

game over , we wont get 3 without reply in the second half , be lucky to get 2 without sadly

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Lol, you can apply that to every goal ever scored.

Completely outclassed, world class footballing move out did us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was brilliant from Hazard but if Bernardo had done the basics he would have prevented the goal. My point was that a top class Chelsea punished us when we have switched off (which you seem to agree with) so not sure what your argument is.

On a different topic, it appears that Captain Morgan rum is called Captain Johnson in the US. Who knew :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here