Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Ben White on the bench.....Hopefully Bruno wont get too knackered again but would love to see Ben get a run out
Edit: WTF did Montoya do wrong?

My guess is nothing other than only being able to play one position and not making himself viable for the bench. Also, for a starting place, I guess Bruno is tougher and more used to the likes of Burnley kicking players off the park.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Montoya did well Tues but Chris seems to like rotation and more versatility on the bench. I guess the thinking is Bernardo can play right back if needed so Bong gets the nod.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Regardless of today's result it's encouraging to see how much stronger our squad is this season than last year. Montoya, Duffy, Izquierdo and Ali J aren't even in the match day squad and the 18 still looks good. Also nice to see White on the bench although it must be tough on Montoya who did nothing wrong on Tuesday.

After his performance on Tuesday can't understand why Duffy is dropped!!!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe having the experience of Bruno beside Balogun, instead of Montoya, with Burnley have wind up, physical merchants Barnes and Woods up front was a factor.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They weren’t last year, their organisation, fitness, luck and attitude needs to be 100% because their squad is not exactly full of top quality.

Which one of their players would we swap out to make our starting 11 stronger?

Trying not to be biased but they don’t seem to have anything better (or even equal) to us; perhaps Tarkowski for Balogun?

Ashley Barnes.

* I was joking FFS! *

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Here in the USA NBC Sports are doing a fan fest live in New York. I have seen at least 10 Albion shirts and Gully is camera hogging.
Well done to those there, including the guy with his young kid👍

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So did I and actually think I prefer him to Bruno now as less likely to make a mistake or be caught for pace.

i would have given him the nod over Bruno as he had a great game against palace and i think this may be quite a robust affair , i think he may have had a better chance of coming through without an injury . Chris knows best ...:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here