Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'd go 4-3-3 for this game.

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernado
Bissoma Propper Kayal
AK Andone Izzy

Gros and Muzza come back against Palace with one of the midfield 3 left out. (Probably Kayal suspended).

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For what purpose? So that when he's out of position when we've conceded, we can find some way of it not being his fault? Move on, the man's not good enough at this level.

Team for me;

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Pröpper Kayal
Knockaert Andone Izquierdo
Murray​

Move on from what Bong is a better defender, yes Bernado is a better footballer but not defender.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
IT'S FECKING HUDDERSFIELD FOR GOD'S SAKE. We're not going to Manchester or Liverpool. Up until 3 games ago they'd been woeful. I still think they will end up in a relegation battle.
We've been well beaten the last few times we've been there because we have played SHITE. Don't play shite and we'll have a chance.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
IT'S FECKING HUDDERSFIELD FOR GOD'S SAKE. We're not going to Manchester or Liverpool. Up until 3 games ago they'd been woeful. I still think they will end up in a relegation battle.
We've been well beaten the last few times we've been there because we have played SHITE. Don't play shite and we'll have a chance.

We've done better against one of the Manchester teams than we have against Huddersfield.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Too late. We’ve already surrendered because it’s away. There’s always next season. Write to Chris now?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I must have strayed onto an 'alternative reality' thread where we don't have one of the division's top scorers on 7 goals, averaging a goal every 142mins...Lets leave him out.:facepalm:

Its not a case of dropping Murray but tactical for this game alone:
1. He was carrying an injury on Saturday for most of the second half and was knackered if we are not careful we will lose him to injury long term.
2. He will score against Palace.
3. His goals are generally at home not away.
4. Need more pace than Murray provides to counter huddersfield.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a lot you can try different that doesn't mean leaving out your top scorer of 3 seasons running.

If you're a Huddersfield centre half, I know who you'd be delighted not to see on the team sheet...
And, as a Huddersfield centre half, you might just think, 'Who the f*ck is this little kid (who has come on with 10-15 minutes to go), better just concentrate on the senior players'.

Followed by 'Oh sh*t, the little bu88er has just scored'.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For what purpose? So that when he's out of position when we've conceded, we can find some way of it not being his fault? Move on, the man's not good enough at this level.

Team for me;

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Pröpper Kayal
Knockaert Andone Izquierdo
Murray​

Yeh, certainly don't need Gross - proper pony that one............!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ryan

Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo

AK, Propper, Bissouma, Izzy

Gross

Andone

Depending on how Murray feels... that will be close. Just not sure he would dare leave Kayal out........would he ?

Ryan
Bruno. Duffy. Dunk. Bernardo
AK. Propper. Kayal. Izzy
Bissouma
Andone

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Depending on how Murray feels... that will be close. Just not sure he would dare leave Kayal out........would he ?

Unlikely, IMHO.

Bernardo's had his chance too - we didn't win, so Bong back in......................?

But seriously, yes, I would save Murray for Palarse.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Unlikely, IMHO.

Bernardo's had his chance too - we didn't win, so Bong back in......................?

But seriously, yes, I would save Murray for Palarse.

You just have to rest Murray at times or we’ll regret it after Xmas. Was Bernardo bad GT49er. I can’t remember now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Its not a case of dropping Murray but tactical for this game alone:
1. He was carrying an injury on Saturday for most of the second half and was knackered if we are not careful we will lose him to injury long term.
2. He will score against Palace.
3. His goals are generally at home not away.
4. Need more pace than Murray provides to counter huddersfield.

The fixtures have been kind to our elder statesman this season. Even though we have Sat / Tues / Sat this week, I see no reason he can’t play those as we have an 8 day gap to Chelsea and 1 game per week to Boxing Day.

He wasn’t really injured Saturday as people seem desperate to believe, he took a few knocks in a physical game but as he’s said he wouldn’t have carried on if he didn’t feel fine.

If the choice is to play Andone instead of Murray because we believe he will make us better then do it, but don’t do it because we feel Murray might not make our only Sat / Tues fixtures of this season so far.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
No ...too far Norf.

Actually next time I am in yorkshire, in the new year going to Halifax where my family originate from in the 17C. Found graves of my direct family going back a while...will then go to Scarborough where my great grandad is buried in a military grave. He was in the Scottish own borderers as career soldier ( boer war etc) and died from TB after serving in france when he came home.

Need to go to lieshoek cemetery in Belgium where my great uncle is buried who died as part of teh Canadian clearance divisions and was shot, they went out into no mans land etc and collected the wounded . I am trying to find his military records, but have found a lot about him. He died very young at 23 and they lost their first son in his infancy and it looks like his second son was born whilst he was serving and he never got to see him. His wife then died just after the war so what a tragic family. Would love to meet their descendants.

Great stuff, I am searching in Rye for pawnbrokers and the cemetery and St Leonards at the moment, not so exotic!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The fixtures have been kind to our elder statesman this season. Even though we have Sat / Tues / Sat this week, I see no reason he can’t play those as we have an 8 day gap to Chelsea and 1 game per week to Boxing Day.

He wasn’t really injured Saturday as people seem desperate to believe, he took a few knocks in a physical game but as he’s said he wouldn’t have carried on if he didn’t feel fine.

If the choice is to play Andone instead of Murray because we believe he will make us better then do it, but don’t do it because we feel Murray might not make our only Sat / Tues fixtures of this season so far.
Sorry but from my view he was clearly limping and feeling his ankle for a good 15mins before coming off. I maybe overcautious but I fear for our survival if we lose him for a month+

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Ryan
Bruno. Duffy. Dunk. Bernardo
AK. Propper. Kayal. Izzy
Bissouma
Andone

This is the team I'd start with. Match their energy and pressing first 60 mins and then bring on Murray and Gross for Andone and Bissouma once the game opens up a bit. We were out of the game after 60 mins last two visits to Huddersfield and we can't let that happen again. Can't let them over run us in midfield.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ryan

Duffy dunk balogun CB

Montoya and March WB

Propper Kayal gross CM

Locadia and Andone CF

As has been said to predictable at times. I watched the Newcastle v burnley game and how a simple change in formation by benitez caused Burnley no end of problems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here