Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What are you eating on World Vegan Day?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Today is World Vegan Day. I'm going to have jacket potato with vegan sausage and chilli beans, how about you?

Stir Fry with lemon grass, ginger, lemon juice, white wine, peppers, courgettes, onion , garlic, chili & CHICKEN!

Oct 25, 2003
To answer the original question- I’m putting my baby to bed and my wife is making her, quite frankly delicious, curried chickpeas which i believe I’m having with a jacket potato (we need to go food shopping)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do admire a vegan.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
To answer the original question- I’m putting my baby to bed and my wife is making her, quite frankly delicious, curried chickpeas which i believe I’m having with a jacket potato (we need to go food shopping)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fusion cooking. Baked spud and Chana masala. Enjoy.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yet I have two vegans on my Facebook feed and barely a day goes by without a picture of their plant based dinner accompanied by some trite comment about saving the workd and a whole bunch of hashtags

I don't and never will have a facebook acc.Watch the episode of Black mirrors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosedive_(Black_Mirror)

Sick of seeing people walking,driving, in bars and restaurants with their eyes glued to their phones.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m convinced Veganism is the future, however it’ll probably take a good century to become the majority diet of the world.

I’m on a slow path to Veganism due to health, animal cruelty and environmental reasons. I’m not bothered about domestic farm animals going extinct as their DNA will last for millennium in factory grown meat cuts. Also, there are wild populations of goats & ponies etc. Wild sheep and cows could be managed, I’m sure.

It’s interesting to see the stereotypical view of the vegan on here; interesting that those who produce modern vegan food mostly want to distance themselves from that word by titling their products ‘plant based’. The quality in vegan food has gone up massively in the last few years, product like this are genuinely innovative and tasty:

https://youtu.be/4-PT0VDKno0

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've unfollowed three who were doing exactly that. Virtually every meal, every day, a dozen hashtags (#noanimalsharmed #meatfree blah blah) after each one........and between meals, repeated anti-meat eating posts (slaughterhouse vids and suchlike). It's like the worst kind of evangelical religious BS.

I couldn't unfollow mine, one is a running buddy and one of the nicest people on earth. The niceness just extends to her diet. I do wish there was a way of muting hashtags and pictures of beans and leaves though. I might ask my developer colleagues.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I couldn't unfollow mine, one is a running buddy and one of the nicest people on earth. The niceness just extends to her diet. I do wish there was a way of muting hashtags and pictures of beans and leaves though. I might ask my developer colleagues.

No way is Charlotte the running buddy and I doubt she really upsets you either. #you’rebeingwatched

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I had a quorn cottage pie with chick peas. Tasteless and absolutely bloody disgusting - definitely back on the meat tomorrow!! :moo:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Like several others here, I’m vegan (as are my wife and two toddlers, the 13-year old isn’t), and by far I am more surprised at how interested people are in challenging me about my diet than I am about them. I’m not remotely interested in trying to get people to change what they eat, there probably can’t be a harder thing to change than that. Each to their own.

I still find eating out really irritating, but cooking at home is easier and quicker. Those fake meat products are miles better in recent years, but really expensive still.

I love the comment from one of the posters on here, something along the lines of;
I’m vegan and an atheist, when I meet new people I don’t know which one to mention first :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just notifications off.....don’t have to ‘unfriend’. They won’t even know.....[emoji23][emoji23]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No way is Charlotte the running buddy and I doubt she really upsets you either. #you’rebeingwatched

Not her - I'm only on FB with her OH.

No, of course vegans don't upset me :lol: . I think upsetting people is against your average vegan's DNA. Drain the joy from my soul with endless pictures of salad on the other hand......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
e17d663e4aac13a230739479598148a5.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The whole concept is weird. A vegan doesn't want to eat meat so I don't understand why they'd eat something pretending to be meat.

It's like getting served a pork sausage and being told it's a "carnivore cucumber".

I suppose your sausages grow that shape naturally. Which part of the body do they come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here