Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Verne Troyer

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Very sad. Only 49. :(

His role in Austin Powers was such an excellent performance

Verne Troyer has died at the age of 49.

“The Austin Powers star died on Saturday afternoon, according to TMZ.

The actor - best known for being one of the shortest men in the world - was taken to hospital last week.

Earlier this month, Troyer was placed under an involuntary psychiatric hold in the hospital he was taken to after his worried friends rang the emergency services for help.

The Austin Powers actor, 49, was being kept under observation after he was rushed to hospital from his north Hollywood home amid concerns he was "extremely upset, drunk and suicidal", one of his friends told paramedics.

It was believed Verne was kept in hospital for 72 hours so doctors could evaluate and treat him, amid reports he was hospitalised with suspected alcohol poisoning.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Verne, you died young but lived fast

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't they cryogenically freeze him like in Austin Powers?

RIP Verne.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't it about time we had a protocol on NSC about responding to threads started with 'RIP XXX' (i.e. someone you've never heard of)?

If it's someone you've never heard of should you:
a). just ignore the thread?
b). ask 'Who was he/she'.....and then reply with 'I've never heard of them/that either'?
c). or just post RIP and bu88er off somewhere else?

FWIW I'm sorry that someone has died at 49 - much too early - and condolences to friends and family and all that - but what is that worth. Seriously?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Isn't it about time we had a protocol on NSC about responding to threads started with 'RIP XXX' (i.e. someone you've never heard of)?

b). ask 'Who was he/she'.....and then reply with 'I've never heard of them/that either'?

FWIW I'm sorry that someone has died at 49 - much too early - and condolences to friends and family and all that - but what is that worth. Seriously?

Does it offend you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No, of course it doesn't offend me. What a very strange question, which has no relevance whatsoever to my post..

I agree really, it's almost like nsc'ers are poised, fingers hovering over their keyboards, ready to post the second a celebrity takes their last breath. Maybe it should be limited to Albion/ football related when the R.I.P's may seem a little more significant, or at least figures of national or international importance.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He prompted many wonderful lines from Fat Basturd, including “ get in ma belly” and “ I love those baby back, baby back, baby back ribs”. Pure Shakespeare.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Shit, man. You seem to have had one bollocks of a day. As irritable as I was with the farmer Giles and the diverticulosis, and the frozen shoulder, and the recent knee surgery.

Actually, you're right. People should just shut the ****ing **** up.

:bowdown::rave::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports