Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tim Krul / Kean Bryan - the sun

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
there must be plenty of goalkeepers in a similar position to Krul where they appear to be 2nd/3rd choice at their club. I think it will be hard to convince any of them to swap one club where they get no game time for another. That may make it very tricky to let Walton go.

We managed it with Krul last year, am certain we'll find someone similar this year

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think we're more appealing to a back-up because Ryan is sure to be going away with Australia (unless he's injured by then).

Walton might fancy another season on loan but if he goes and we attract a 2nd player ahead of him it will be even harder for him to break into the first team. His best bet might be to stay, train and prepare for those 4-7 games and then he'll still have opportunities elsewhere or here in the future.

A few cup games and settling into being an integral part of the squad could be very important as I reckon 2nd choice is very different than 3rd on matchdays and in training sessions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still can't see why Walton can't be the no2

A young goalkeeper deserves to get regular experience. I suspect he will go back to Wigan, to get Championship experience this season.

Goldson wanted to leave because of lack of game time. We don't want to lose Walton for the same reason.

We have no choice with Krul. We only signed him until the end of June. He is free to go. He can pick & choose which contract he signs. In the meantime, we need two keepers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't know how the dates pan out but is it possible for Walton to get a half season loan and then come back for the games Ryan is away ?

(Don't think it would happen, but is it possible ?)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Don't know how the dates pan out but is it possible for Walton to get a half season loan and then come back for the games Ryan is away ?

(Don't think it would happen, but is it possible ?)

Yes but he then may not be able to go back out on loan for the second half of the season. The Asian Cup doesn’t finish until 1st Feb meaning Ryan is potentially away until after the window closes. Walton would then only be able to go to another team on an emergency loan, like when he joined Southend towards the end of the 16-17 season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here