Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
A company being struck off can be quite tax efficient since HMRC are unable to get taxes due from a company that no longer exists.

Does anyone know if Crystal Palace have a history of not paying tax?

Stretching my poor old memory back, I can't think of anything since last Tuesday........

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looks like they'll be fine

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.40.19 PM.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Waiting for a Nigel to come along and confirm just some admin error, change of accountant blah blah... never do anything wrong that lot !

Hope all the local businesses and St Johns ambulance get through this again if the worst happens

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
This is very interesting, wondered if it might just be some form of restructuring, but it would appear not - there could be trouble ahead...

In some cases, striking off a company is not a voluntary procedure, but something instigated by Companies House. The Companies Act 2006 (S1000) requires Companies House to send at least two late payment notices to the registered company address first, but if these are not responded to the next step will be the publication of a ‘Strike of Notice’ in the Gazette, the official journal of public record. This notice will state that, unless reason to the contrary is demonstrated, the company will be struck off the register two months from the date of the publication of the notice. Once it is struck off the register another notice to that effect will be published in the Gazette, after which point the company will be dissolved.

Compulsory Strike off Consequences

As stated above, not every company dissolution is voluntary. If directors do not file their accounts and fail to reply to warnings from Companies House, businesses can be struck off the Companies House register and will cease to exist, even if they are still trading. There can be serious consequences for directors of companies dissolved in this way. That includes:

The company will cease to exist as a legal entity from the date of dissolution;
The assets of the company will become the property of the Crown;
Banks will be unwilling to provide finance and future contracts with customers and suppliers will be at risk;
The directors of companies that have been struck off involuntarily could be disqualified from acting as a director for a period of up to 15 years;
If the company does continue to trade then the company directors and shareholders will be doing so without the protection of limited liability and could be held personally liable for company debts.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Surely by now one of our sad Palace twats should have responded. This is one thread they could actually comment on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely by now one of our sad Palace twats should have responded. This is one thread they could actually comment on.

It's so quiet you'd be forgiven for assuming they'd lost their first 7 games to zero.
Knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round.
While the only season highlight was finishing above us, a fact that came as absolutely no surprise to anyone on here.

If only there was some way of finding out the price of such glory?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What gives, eh? What gives?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seeing the name CPFC 2010 makes me chuckle at that franchise :ffsparr:

What a shambles of a club.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm sure Kieran could explain that this is not actually anything that serious, but then again that would not suit his obvious agenda. It's a shame as he could have even let us know what it could mean. Keep up the good work mate, we need financial insight such as this.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surprised no Palace fan hasn't posted telling us it is Sussex Police's fault.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure Kieran could explain that this is not actually anything that serious, but then again that would not suit his obvious agenda. It's a shame as he could have even let us know what it could mean. Keep up the good work mate, we need financial insight such as this.
If you look hard enough elsewhere, he does explain what it may mean.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Waiting for a Nigel to come along and confirm just some admin error, change of accountant blah blah... never do anything wrong that lot !

Hope all the local businesses and St Johns ambulance get through this again if the worst happens
Always the victims, never their fault.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Its the Palace business model isn't it. I mean come on they are nearly 10 years old now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Only sing (post) when they are winning. I suspect they will be as quiet as they have been all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here