Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling has an AK 47 tattoo on his thigh. Should he play for England?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Instead of having a go at Sterling lets direct our indignation at that alleged Newspaper the Sun for publishing the story in the first place!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Instead of having a go at Sterling lets direct our indignation at that alleged Newspaper the Sun for publishing the story in the first place!
The Sun is always publishing crap and I think it should be closed down.

The Sun is facing calls to close down.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Just another half-bright footballer with gangsta rapper delusions. Pretty pitiful. The refefence to his dad is patently so much BS spin offered up by his overpaid media handlers. Why do we indulge these people?

You really are a mean, petty and obnoxious person who talks absolute bollocks yourself.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of course he should never play football again.

What were his parents thinking, naming him after a firearm, the Stirling sub-machine gun.
He should have been taken into care at birth, and re-named, Raheem Fluffy-Bunny-Rabbit.

:ffsparr:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I find it amazing that this woman can demand he is taken out of the England squad because of his tattoo. Does she believe he should never be allowed to play football until the tattoo is removed?

What next? Sheffield United being accused of condoning knife crime?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Sun ought to be more upset about about Sterling having a 'shooting' leg.

Surely 'player paid millions can't kick with left foot' would be a better headline. :jester:.

Indeed. Maybe Sterling should get a pea shooter tattooed on his left peg?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Jesus died for our sins. Through his death on the cross, those who turn to him are delivered from the penalty of sin. There are lots of interpretations of what the cross means. It's not true to say it is a symbol of Jesus's victory over death.

But a gun pointing down is a symbol of peace.
Maybe not to all Christians but it is to Catholics see the 14 stations of the cross for more information.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The FA need to go back and fine Robbie Keane for every time he did his goal celebration. Being Irish it was obviously a pro-IRA celebration looking back it... obvs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe not to all Christians but it is to Catholics see the 14 stations of the cross for more information.
The 14 stations are images of Christ on the cross (or something like that). Can you post a link that shows that the cross is just a symbol of victory over death?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Jesus died for our sins. Through his death on the cross, those who turn to him are delivered from the penalty of sin. There are lots of interpretations of what the cross means. It's not true to say it is a symbol of Jesus's victory over death.

But a gun pointing down is a symbol of peace.

Can we agree to disagree? I am sure the cross can be interpreted one way, you are sure it's another, but one thing is clear, we are both old enough to cope with that!

I accept the gun pointing down may be a symbol of peace, I just don't believe that such a symbol will be interpreted that way by a large number of people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can we agree to disagree? I am sure the cross can be interpreted one way, you are sure it's another, but one thing is clear, we are both old enough to cope with that!

I accept the gun pointing down may be a symbol of peace, I just don't believe that such a symbol will be interpreted that way by a large number of people.

A gun? used as a symbol of peace? I’m really struggling to think of a reason other than he thinks he’s a bit gangster and came up with this reason when he got found out.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A gun? used as a symbol of peace? I’m really struggling to think of a reason other than he thinks he’s a bit gangster and came up with this excuse when he got found out.

Well apparently, and according to some on here who I have no reason to disbelieve, a gun pointing downwards may be used as a symbol of peace. I can believe that, although I do not like the idea and find it odd to say the least.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A gun? used as a symbol of peace? I’m really struggling to think of a reason other than he thinks he’s a bit gangster and came up with this excuse when he got found out.

Entirely this. He’s NOT clever enough to think for himself as we all know and the excuse provided smacks of the best his agent could come up with, in fairness, at short notice In the face of his clients crass stupidity. Because the alternative, Admitting a wrong decision and publically apologising, is weak and so last century. Better to face, sorry, square up and act tough with a ridiculous covering story that is like, totally cle-va! Still what does he care, bro, in a position of no responsibility: boys will be boys and da killin it must continue coz of disrespect shown, aaright? Innit.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The 14 stations are images of Christ on the cross (or something like that). Can you post a link that shows that the cross is just a symbol of victory over death?

Its not images of christ on the cross

Pilate condemns Jesus to die
Jesus accepts his cross
Jesus falls for the first time
Jesus meets his mother, Mary
Simon of Cyrene helps carry the cross
Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
Jesus falls for the second time
Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
Jesus falls for the third time
Jesus is stripped of his clothes
Jesus is nailed to the cross
Jesus dies on the cross
Jesus is taken down from the cross
Jesus is placed in the tomb

Also not traditionally part of the Stations the Resurrection is sometimes depicted as a15th station

It has absolutely everything to do with his death and resurrection. It is more for Catholics as I said but they are the majority of christians..erm I think. This is coming from an Athelist though.

Just google stations of the cross, catholic churches always have all the stations depicted in them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here