Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your own personal links to the Albion.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I’ve stalked Glenn Murray, Solly March, Chris Hughton and Mark Maghee in Hove Waitrose, as well as the FDM in Hollingbury Asda a few years ago

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
This morning my son played against Bruno’s son and Bruno parked his car next to mine then looked at a dog for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Reading this thread reminds me of a few other tenuous connections.

Mike Trusson was my FA Coaching tutor
Worked with Adrian Owers and Richard Titlman's wife
Played against a few former Albion players including Sully, Tiltman and Simon Steele (who played outfield, scored 5 past me but told me I had had a great game in keeping the score down!)
Was given a set of darts by Steve Foster and John Gregory after a Seagulls Lottery draw in Worthing (had to give them back though as they belonged to the venue).

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Bobby Smiths garden backed to ours and I became friends with his two sons Stephen and David, had some great times.
Howard Wilkinson moved in a bit up the road later. When my parents moved (not far) Mel Hopkins lived in a flat about 50 yards away and what a wonderful man he was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I got an autograph from Peter Ward when he opened a shop in Worthing- back in the day.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My wife used to work with Chris McPhee's Dad and he (the Dad) has sat with us at The Amex.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I was part of a four ball which included Paul Armstrong during a round at Hassocks. Nice enough fella.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I sold the lottery tickets on behalf of the club back in the early 70's. Van with Brighton & Hove Albion on the side came round every week to take the money and leave more tickets. Made me feel proud, except we were just a minnow team at the time.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I got into the Goldstone on a child's ticket when I was 24

Did the child still get in?

Mark Lawrenson's girlfriend lived with my aunt in Brading Road in the 70s. Also, the houses in Dean Close and Dean Gardens, Portslade were built by a company that employed Brighton footballers during their summer break, my mum and did moved in to one of them and my dad knew the players who were the builders.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Had trials for the Albion as a youngster in the early 70's, spotted by Freddie Goodwin played at Fratton Park with them, had to make a choice of staying or becoming a sparky, broke my leg badly for a Sunday team so become a sparky.
Had the Albion team photo in the Argus there I was in the back row but I was not named, things are not just to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here