Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March - Southampton

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Ian Abrahams (Moose)‏@BroadcastMoose·2 mins
I heard that rumour [MENTION=4470]Tim[/MENTION]Pressy and unless Saints an unbelievably silly bid it wont happen, I expect him to stay at the Amex

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
now we dont have the "man from argentina" and "runs down the wing for me" songs at least we will have the "there's no one there, there's no one there" song when we look at our bench.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are going to smash FFP. Reckon we could post a £5m profit. Top of the FFP league, bottom of the actual league [emoji23]

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
now we dont have the "man from argentina" and "runs down the wing for me" songs at least we will have the "there's no one there, there's no one there" song when we look at our bench.

we may well have the old 'ssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is there anyone out there' tune from the away fans sooner rather than later.

One of my particular favorites from the Withdean days.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes but great awaydays in league one and 2,terracing etc

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We are going to smash FFP. Reckon we could post a £5m profit. Top of the FFP league, bottom of the actual league [emoji23]

I'm expecting to see an inverse relationship with those clubs which are FFP compliant and their league standing. Hopefully, if the fines/embargo's etc are successful, this will be balanced out. But I doubt it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Must not sell at any price, unless it's stupid money territory obviously.

Most mornings I check NSC just after 9 in the hope we may have signed someone, just lately it seems every time I check there's more rumours about our players leaving.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Oh dear - no I have not been to the Amex recently, for obvious reasons. There is certainly a feeling of doom and gloom on here, but if this rumour has any legs, why did he sign a new contract not that long ago? Or is this doom and gloom just a recent phenomenon? If it is just a recent thing, I would hate for Solly to be being advised by people prone to knee-jerk reactions.

wasn't having a dig, honest ! Yes, he recently signed a contract, but what do they count for nowadays ? He's an England U21 (for what that's worth!), and would maybe appeal to a Prem club. I managed his dad at U18 level and he had itchy feet. No problem with that, if he's going to better himself.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The good news is that the top 4 teams in the FFP league qualify for the European FFP Champions League.

The bad news is that it'll be too expensive for these teams to travel abroad and maintain their positions in the top 4.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Firstly, I'm confident that 3 or 4 quality players will arrive before the transfer window closes. Therefore I'll only start worrying after that.
However if a Premier League side did come in for Solly March he would obviously have a price that would eventually make us release him. But what is that price, £5m? £10m? £15m?
I would imagine that if someone offered £10m+ it would be getting to the point that it would be hard to decline for a promising but unproven championship youngster.

£5m? Tell them to poke it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here