Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber's Deadline Day Disappointment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ok.So you realise there are two weeks left and you are panicking because?

Probably because of what happened re strikers in the last window :lolol:

I think most are pissed off, not panicking personally, faith in the board finding the right player seems to be quite low on here. Doesn't matter if there is blamed to be attached or not really.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Have you not been reading the board, it is not a case of panic but addressing reality.

6 years to strive to get into the PL, and the 'plan' if there was one, was compromised last summer.

I have been reading and again why are you panicking?

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Probably because of what happened re strikers in the last window :lolol:

Ok.In that case I suggest we find the striker we want and then torture him until he signs.
Otherwise we pay double the price for someone just to get him in now.

Panic 3 days from the end.Not now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ok.In that case I suggest we find the striker we want and then torture him until he signs.
Otherwise we pay double the price for someone just to get him in now.

or we just accept, as most seem to now, that we ain't going to get someone in. Being wrong will be bliss :smile:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
If we don't sign a striker even though we have money,and that will mean this window and last summer we've failed,then I'm all
for protesting through the streets of Brighton but let's just hope the two failed medicals was a freak and we won't have the same
bad luck or screw up again.If we don't sign I'd say we are 60% down.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Because a striker should have had a deal completed waiting to sign on Jan 1st. Perhaps we would have beaten Bournemouth and WBA so be 5 points further away from the relegation spots.

Any striker or the striker we want?What if the one we really want is playing hardball?what if NO-ONE was willing to sign on Jan 1st?Do you thing Tony Bloom etc wouldn't have wanted someone on Jan 1st?Do you think there is a good reason we haven't signed anyone?

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
or we just accept, as most seem to now, that we ain't going to get someone in. Being wrong will be bliss :smile:

I personally believe we will def sign someone.For sure.I don't however think it will necessarily be someone we are mad about.The feeling might be better this guy then what we have.It might be a bit of a panic buy however better panic then suicide because it will be suicide if we don't sign.

ianrenton

Jan 18, 2018
If we don't sign a striker even though we have money,and that will mean this window and last summer we've failed,then I'm all
for protesting through the streets of Brighton but let's just hope the two failed medicals was a freak and we won't have the same
bad luck or screw up again.If we don't sign I'd say we are 60% down.

I feel the same way. Let's hope we sign someone good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any striker or the striker we want?What if the one we really want is playing hardball?what if NO-ONE was willing to sign on Jan 1st?Do you thing Tony Bloom etc wouldn't have wanted someone on Jan 1st?Do you think there is a good reason we haven't signed anyone?

Yes we want to do it on the cheap and not pay the going rate that others are prepared to pay.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You don't know that.You are just trying to find fault.Don't panic yet it's early days.

None of us know and can only form an opinion based on what we hear and all we hear from Brighton is how the January window is too expensive. It is not early days as we have missed the golden opportunity to put space between us and our other relegation rivals.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
You don't know that.You are just trying to find fault.Don't panic yet it's early days.

Surely early days depends on whether you view this window in isolation. Since we missed out in the summer and have supposedly been working on it since i feel that no inbound by now probably means not at all. I hope to be wrong.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[/B]

Yes we want to do it on the cheap and not pay the going rate that others are prepared to pay.

There is a difference between 'what you can afford' and 'doing it on the cheap'.

Doing it on the cheap, while a throw away statement to you, suggests you have the resources to do otherwise, but in order to save costs we're actively going for a cheaper deal.

What you can afford is simply that, if you have a budget of X, then the player you bring in has to be to the value of X or lower.

Makes me a bit mad to think that someone who has pumped in millions of their personal fortune, building a top quality stadium, a training facility, given us hope and a future, AND YET, you still get people who happily say crap like you are.

It is frustrating we probably cannot afford the striker we want, but to say we're doing it on the cheap, I find that pretty ignorant to be honest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fair to say Hemed hasn't stepped up. 2 Goals and we were trying to off-load him in August if we could sign a replacement. My point is since Ulloa/Barnes left we've never really had *that* striker to see us through. The success was when we went back to old hands such as Murray & Zamora. I can't even see Murray being with us next season if we are in the Premiership. I'm not denying what we had hasn't worked, but what I'm saying is we have hardly been very imaginative or forward thinking when it has come to strikers in recent years.

Do you think if we hadn't of had Murray & Zamora before, they'd have come to us?

Glenn Murray - what was it that attracted you to a sell out crowd, Knockaert banging em in, Hughton as manager, wage bill bigger than turnover, best training ground in country,promotion candidates Brighton and Hove Albion ?

A: nope. I live near by. That’s it. Nothing else.

Good grief !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
None of us know and can only form an opinion based on what we hear and all we hear from Brighton is how the January window is too expensive. It is not early days as we have missed the golden opportunity to put space between us and our other relegation rivals.

Really ? What I’m hearing in local press reports (presumably sourced from horses mouth) is that multiple strikers are being targeted, European press suggests that at v least various £m+ bids are in works, other relegation clubs haven’t signed anyone yet and Hughton expects to be doing
Business late on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Really ? What I’m hearing in local press reports (presumably sourced from horses mouth) is that multiple strikers are being targeted, European press suggests that at v least various £m+ bids are in works, other relegation clubs haven’t signed anyone yet and Hughton expects to be doing
Business late on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what is going to attract them, 'cos it don't seem to be working? :

Check

what was it that attracted you to a sell out crowd, Knockaert banging em in, Hughton as manager, wage bill bigger than turnover, best training ground in country, PL Brighton and Hove Albion ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here