Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic chanting-I anything acceptable?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
its not ignorance merely observation............ so its a animal state of mind then ?, ive given my opinion and your entitled to yours, however you have in your ignorance leaped at the easy bit and ignored the more difficult question ie; why the need for so called kampness- see if you can answer that rationally without getting all 'het up'

The question is do all group's affected mannerisms bother you or is it just homosexuals? Thoughout history sub cultures have taken on certain mannerisms and tweaked language to give themselves an identity. The examples are endless but the hippies affected a relaxed and mellow vibe to reflect their world view 'man'. Black American Gangsta culture has spread like wildfire since its inception and we now have people all over the world calling each other 'Homie, Dawg etc".

All subcultures and communities do it, even NSC with its 'cock-womble' insults and 'this' 'were loose' etc etc. Socioligists talk about it beiing part of the human need to fit in and find one's tribe.

So why do you feel the community you describe should not be allowed to do this?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The question is do all group's affected mannerisms bother you or is it just homosexuals? Thoughout history sub cultures have taken on certain mannerisms and tweaked language to give themselves an identity. The examples are endless but the hippies affected a relaxed and mellow vibe to reflect their world view 'man'. Black American Gangsta culture has spread like wildfire since its inception and we now have people all over the world calling each other 'Homie, Dawg etc".

All subcultures and communities do it, even NSC with its 'cock-womble' insults and 'this' 'were loose' etc etc. Socioligists talk about it beiing part of the human need to fit in and find one's tribe.

So why do you feel the community you describe should not be allowed to do this?
[MENTION=24089]andy46[/MENTION] obviously hasn't met very many bears.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I usually work on the basis that if it gives offence to anyone, it is unacceptable.

That might sound self-righteous, but what it means in practice is that I won't say it if I am in doubt........ but it also means you get surprised at how easily people can sometimes take offence.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I usually work on the basis that if it gives offence to anyone, it is unacceptable.

That might sound self-righteous, but what it means in practice is that I won't say it if I am in doubt........ but it also means you get surprised at how easily people can sometimes take offence.

Nicely put, meanwhile somewhere in Liverpool.....

Attachments

• IMG_3737.JPG
    IMG_3737.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 165

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I think the 'we can see you holding hands' one is actually pretty funny and a good humored response, I reckon, would be for everyone to hold hands up in the air and jump around going 'holding hands holding hands holding hands' to the tune of 'ere we go.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sometimes the law does discriminate against people with large facial features. Mickey Mouse was allowed to divorce Minnie Mouse just because she had big teeth....or in Mickey's words "she was f*cking goofy".

You should be ashamed of yourself. Is that 1986 and can we have our joke back please.

Actually I told that joke wrong once and mistakenly substituted Pluto for Goofy.
Fantastic tumbleweed moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a horrible thread. The most interesting bit was the person, whose thousands of posts never extend beyond a haiku, confusing others by using the word 'normal' when he meant to use the word 'prevalent' (or is at least now pretending so).

And despite protestations from the OP, I find it perverse that anyone would think about all those terms and list them out and ask peoples' views. It is as dim and gauche as listing all the epithets for black people and asking where you draw the line. And, no, I am not going to give an illustrative list :facepalm:

Finally, I am very pleased to see so many sensible and smart comments in this thread. One wonders, though, why these rightminded good people bothered, to be honest, but I'm pleased they did because if all this thread had was the drivel of the one or two clowns, the sort of pople who would throw a stone through the window of a paediatrician, it would be embarrassing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, what's seen as natural by some isn't always THE CASE WITH OTHERS , WHY SHOULD IT BE ??? is there a written rule that you can't object to certain things without being "offensive" ???
regards
DR

I perfectly well accept that homosexuality isn't the norm.

But that's not what you said. You said about whether it's natural to be a homosexual. It is natural. Not accepting that is meaningless.

no I didn't
regards
DR

Yes, you did.

Poor try.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I have absolutely no idea what this means - especially within the context of this thread.

Look at post 1. All the following are real incidents that took place. - read down the list.
That includes a father being asked if he passed his son around.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What a horrible thread. The most interesting bit was the person, whose thousands of posts never extend beyond a haiku, confusing others by using the word 'normal' when he meant to use the word 'prevalent' (or is at least now pretending so).

And despite protestations from the OP, I find it perverse that anyone would think about all those terms and list them out and ask peoples' views. It is as dim and gauche as listing all the epithets for black people and asking where you draw the line. And, no, I am not going to give an illustrative list :facepalm:

Finally, I am very pleased to see so many sensible and smart comments in this thread. One wonders, though, why these rightminded good people bothered, to be honest, but I'm pleased they did because if all this thread had was the drivel of the one or two clowns, the sort of pople who would throw a stone through the window of a paediatrician, it would be embarrassing.

Great post. Answers every point and then some.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Without going through the whole thread, are songs about inbreds from the west country, pikeys and benefit scroungers also now as un PC as homophobic chants?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Without going through the whole thread, are songs about inbreds from the west country, pikeys and benefit scroungers also now as un PC as homophobic chants?

The middle name of your suggestions is racist, and can land you in court.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

The Ipswich family?
Guess so, yeah.

Not sure 'benefit scroungers' are a protected class of people so "In your Northern slums" is probably still fine.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Ipswich family?
Guess so, yeah.

Not sure 'benefit scroungers' are a protected class of people so "In your Northern slums" is probably still fine.

Includes Crawley fans :)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
The middle name of your suggestions is racist, and can land you in court.

it is therefore a dangerous ground many football 'fans' may find themselves in soon then, within the next few years. I hear gingerism and obesity is not looked too kindly upon on, as well as being unemployed. I am not playing either side, merely playing devils advocate. Am obviously very anti homopohic, but curious to see how / where the lines will eventually be drawn

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here