Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne - Whitehawk

Quite different levels. I know for a fact Jake Robinson is on plus £1000+ a week and for that he trains a couple of times a week and helps out on building sites where needed.

180 at £10 a go wouldn't come close to supporting the running of the club at the level they have got to and are at.

Well, last time out Robinson trod water in League 2 with Northampton so a drop to Conference and Conference South is hardly unexpected.

My point is it was Darren Freeman who brought Jake to Whitehawk. It was that player who didnt score many that helped to get Freeman the sack. King is getting more out of him, hence King is outperforming, right?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well, last time out Robinson trod water in League 2 with Northampton so a drop to Conference and Conference South is hardly unexpected.

My point is it was Darren Freeman who brought Jake to Whitehawk. It was that player who didnt score many that helped to get Freeman the sack. King is getting more out of him, hence King is outperforming, right?

But King Getting the players to play better has nothing to do with Attendences, Right?

But King Getting the players to play better has nothing to do with Attendences, Right?

It's a factor that's all - the low attendances do deny King extra income to spend on players - just as if we were to get relegated to League 1 attendances would drop and we would spend less - even with our mega rich owner.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Very impressive for a Ryman League club.

I went to the Peacehaven v Maidstone match last weekend and Maidstone had a decent away following.

I saw them down at Lewes earlier in the season and was a little disappointed given what sort of crowds they'd been getting at home.

I should clarify that it was still an amazing following at that level, more than some get for home games (~200 I'd say), but it was a lovely day and it's got to be one of their easier trips of the season I would have thought to a town which isn't bad for a drink.

Although Margate are keeping pace I can see Maidstone pissing that league by Easter. Not been to their new ground so will venture over before the season is over.

On the subject of Peacehaven what is happening with their ground improvements? Am I right in thinking they've got until the start of next season to get it up a grade?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Quite different levels. I know for a fact Jake Robinson is on plus £1000+ a week and for that he trains a couple of times a week and helps out on building sites where needed.

180 at £10 a go wouldn't come close to supporting the running of the club at the level they have got to and are at.

I'm not doubting you, but that's insane!

Also for that amount a week you could attract better players than Robinson from the league....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not doubting you, but that's insane!

Also for that amount a week you could attract better players than Robinson from the league....

Another ex Albion player ( handful of games if that. ) playing Ryman Prem is on £700 a game if the team get promoted he gets a further £150 for each game he played in. In addition this had a 3 grand signing on fee.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Amazing the money being pumped into the team at Whitehawk but nothing on the facilities. What is really the point of reaching the conference with a ground that barely looks fit to host a county game. Too many 'big time Charlie's' in non league football splashing their cash with no real long term view on a sustainable model. It will all end in tears at Whitehawk because ultimately they've no income other than their owners flight of fancy. Getting to the conference is no assurance of revenue either. The cost of travelling, hotels, increased wages far out weigh any increase in sponsorship or gate revenues.

Completely agree with your points on SK. He's drained a clubs bank balance wherever he's been.
allegedly half the team are supervisors for the skip firm, work it out for yourself:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Another ex Albion player ( handful of games if that. ) playing Ryman Prem is on £700 a game if the team get promoted he gets a further £150 for each game he played in. In addition this had a 3 grand signing on fee.

There seems to be more money in non league than the league.

What was that club a few years ago that signed all those league players? hornchurch?

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Sorry Munkfish, it's a bit like saying because Bloom is a billionaire, it won't matter here if we get relegated and our season ticket revenues halve. I'm sure Whitehawk are well supported by their owners but looking at the team I don't see them blowing any teams out of the water with the calibre of players - and it was the same with Freeman last season - King is outperforming
King is only the wheeler dealer ex agent who gets the players, he doesn't coach , he gets 3 other coaches to do that

King is only the wheeler dealer ex agent who gets the players, he doesn't coach , he gets 3 other coaches to do that

Well, given your location am assuming you were there yesterday? Seemed to be doing plenty of touchline coaching to me

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
[MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] I didn't know that was the case with PTFC's ground? I thought they had a ground suited for Ryman Prem already?

Anyone know why Tommy Fraser left Peacehaven for Lewes? Peacehaven went about 2 months unbeaten prior to that. They've had a ridiculous few years in fairness.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
[MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] I didn't know that was the case with PTFC's ground? I thought they had a ground suited for Ryman Prem already

I may be way off the mark mate but I'm sure I read somewhere that they need to do a bit of work to bring it up to scratch. It was obviously good enough to get in but the FA are famous for moving the goalposts. It is a bit basic up there (and flipping cold!) for that level to be fair.
[MENTION=6288]Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews[/MENTION] will be able to confirm or deny I'm sure.

Anyone know why Tommy Fraser left Peacehaven for Lewes? Peacehaven went about 2 months unbeaten prior to that. They've had a ridiculous few years in fairness.

I don't but I can find out. He didn't look very happy when he was subbed the other week so I'd guess he fell out with the gaffer.....that or money.

Happy New Year by the way.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I may be way off the mark mate but I'm sure I read somewhere that they need to do a bit of work to bring it up to scratch. It was obviously good enough to get in but the FA are famous for moving the goalposts. It is a bit basic up there (and flipping cold!) for that level to be fair.

[MENTION=6288]Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews[/MENTION] will be able to confirm or deny I'm sure.

I don't but I can find out. He didn't look very happy when he was subbed the other week so I'd guess he fell out with the gaffer.....that or money.

Happy New Year by the way.

Fair enough, you're right about rule changes. They do seem to change a lot. Haven't been out there for about a year now but an upgrade here & there certainly won't do any harm.

My initial thought was money, but didn't think Lewes had much dough themselves...If Tom Burton was to leave in the near future I think relegation would be back on the cards.

Cheers mate, you too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On one of our first journeys from Lewes to The Amex a chap was talking and said he was Lewis Dunks uncle and he was on £1200 per week but obviously more now so £100 for no league seems very high, if what he was saying was correct.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Munkfish is right - Whitehawk put the players who have come straight to them from professional clubs on contracts with Kingspan that pay them what they would get as pros. They don't even need to turn up to work for Kingspan, so are effectively being paid to play for Whitehawk

More money than sense and say what you want about King but with that level of investment he isn't really doing anything special. Every club he has been to has had a load of money bar his second spell at Lewes, and how long did that last before he was found out

Munkfish is right - Whitehawk put the players who have come straight to them from professional clubs on contracts with Kingspan that pay them what they would get as pros. They don't even need to turn up to work for Kingspan, so are effectively being paid to play for Whitehawk

More money than sense and say what you want about King but with that level of investment he isn't really doing anything special. Every club he has been to has had a load of money bar his second spell at Lewes, and how long did that last before he was found out

So what's the answer to the Freeman comparison then? Are you going tell me this guy who got two promotions was a bad manager?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
/QUOTE]

That is not unusual as in the late 80s being on Surrey County FA we had to inspect clubs books each season. CPFC came in showing income nil outgoings nil and Raymond Bloye refused to let the FA look at Mathews Butchers books as all the business of Palace went through that company and all players were employed by them as PR Consultants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here