Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Maybe £6m is a good price for him, but he surely isn't worth much more than that.

We have several players who can play in his position - finding a replacement isn't necessary - particularly if Ali J or Ahannach establish themselves.

You don't think Knockaert is worth 6 million in the current market, You are talking shit mate. Ince went for 10 million to stoke earlier in the season James Mclean for a similar Value. Even if you only see him as a top end Championship Midfielder in the current market he is easily worth 10 million+

Personally I still think he has a alot to offer and I wouldnt sell him unless he wants to go, in which case I wouldnt stop him due to limited game time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Former Middlesbrough star Chris Stuani on the verge of moving to Barcelona.

Alvaro Morata in talks with Atletico with a view to a £5m loan move until the Summer, if they can agree to match his £160k per week wages.

:laugh:

I think I'm getting the hang of it, now :bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'd tell them that any deal for Knocakert has to include Jack Clarke coming the other way.

Clarke will be worth a lot more in a couple of years, but its still a good deal for Leeds, as Knockaert would get them over the line for sure.

I think you're right. That could be the component that virtually assures them of promotion.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would describe him as a top end Championship midfielder, yes.

James McClean went for £5m - and I think Stoke overpaid for Tom Ince.

There is absolutely no way Knockhaert is worth more than £10m - can't imagine any club would pay that for him.

He's a decent player, don't get me wrong, but his weaknesses are such that his true valuation in the current market is probably somewhere between £6m and £8m. Seeing as he will certainly lose his place, even on the bench, in the coming months - we should take an offer in that region.

I'm glad you don't deal with our transfer negotiations then.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

There is absolutely no way Knockhaert is worth more than £10m - can't imagine any club would pay that for him.

He's a decent player, don't get me wrong, but his weaknesses are such that his true valuation in the current market is probably somewhere between £6m and £8m. Seeing as he will certainly lose his place, even on the bench, in the coming months - we should take an offer in that region.

Knocky is twice the player McLean is and twice the bloke.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Knocky is the sort of player that is the difference between a top 6 side and top 2 in the Championship. He's worth 15-20m on that basis alone. Besides, he's actually a very good PL player when he's on his game; I personally hope that the club wouldn't even want to sell him and that he sticks with us for many seasons.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Knocky is the sort of player that is the difference between a top 6 side and top 2 in the Championship. He's worth 15-20m on that basis alone. Besides, he's actually a very good PL player when he's on his game; I personally hope that the club wouldn't even want to sell him and that he sticks with us for many seasons.

Shame he hasn't been on his game much since we've got to the PL. I agree with the rest of what you say.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

As we progress - and if we are to progress - all our players, even our favourite ones, will eventually be replaced by better players. That includes Knocky; whether this is his time or not depends on our excellent management team, plus of course there is the extra factor that every player has their price - ultimately there would be a point at which the money would be too good to turn down, though probably unlikely that anyone will offer that much.

D

Deleted member 2719

As we progress - and if we are to progress - all our players, even our favourite ones, will eventually be replaced by better players. That includes Knocky; whether this is his time or not depends on our excellent management team, plus of course there is the extra factor that every player has their price - ultimately there would be a point at which the money would be too good to turn down, though probably unlikely that anyone will offer that much.

La la la, not listening.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe £6m is a good price for him, but he surely isn't worth much more than that.
Blimey. I'll join those who think you're mad. He was destroying the Championship when we were there, and Championship teams pay a lot for someone capable of doing that. In the PL he's competing with AJ, Jose and Locadia, who all cost around £15m.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Blimey. I'll join those who think you're mad. He was destroying the Championship when we were there, and Championship teams pay a lot for someone capable of doing that. In the PL he's competing with AJ, Jose and Locadia, who all cost around £15m.
Plus one for the "that's completely bonkers" camp.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sorry but that's nonsense, 15/20m? no one would pay that for him! He set the Championship alight whilst we were in it, yes, but he really jhas struggled to adapt to the Premier League for my money. He has had to change his game, track back and become more defensive minded, and l think he finds that aspect very difficult.

Given more time perhaps we will adjust, but personally l doubt it. At his best and happiest when he is running at and terrorising opposibng defences, but he won't get the chance to do that in the Premier League.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Leeds can **** right off anyway. Why would we sell to them for a pisstake offer, or even a half decent one?

Even when Jose is fit, having four wing options (with the way we usually play) is great.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Leeds can **** right off anyway. Why would we sell to them for a pisstake offer, or even a half decent one?

Even when Jose is fit, having four wing options (with the way we usually play) is great.

Nice to have the extra option as you so rightly say, but some posters on this thread seem to have blue & white tinted specs where Knocky is concerned, he did a massive amount to help propel us into the Premier League, but every player, even the most popular ones, have their day in the sunshine, and the day comes for them to move on

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nice to have the extra option as you so rightly say, but some posters on this thread seem to have blue & white tinted specs where Knocky is concerned, he did a massive amount to help propel us into the Premier League, but every player, even the most popular ones, have their day in the sunshine, and the day comes for them to move on
Of course. I just don't think that day is now.

Once Jose and Ali J are fit it MAY be that AK's chances are so limited that he needs to go.

But we all know what Chris is like for integrating new players, bringing players back from injury.

No way we should sell him any time soon. He is also capable of proving everyone wrong with a couple of MOM performances which would make the argument null. We'll see.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

We have several players who can play in his position - finding a replacement isn't necessary - particularly if Ali J or Ahannach establish themselves.

Be worth £££ to Leeds if he helps get them up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here