Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Two,who's going down ?

el punal

Ironically their supporters maybe looking at Brighton today and thinking how things can change in a relatively short space of time.

As do a lot of clubs in those intervening years. The likes of us and Bournemouth were relegation fodder, and the likes of Leeds, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest were the mainstays of the top division. The last season of the old Division One, 1991/92, had Luton, Coventry, Oldham, Notts County, Wimbledon in its ranks. :ohmy:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeovil to go. For no other reason than it's probably the worst place for a drink I've ever been following the Albion.

I still think they will. They are in freefall and had something like one win in ten before Saturday's result, which seemed like an anomaly. They have a lot of players out of contact and Macc are in good form.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would like Morecambe to go, don’t know why, just have an irrational dislike.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not wise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Accrington were relegated from the First Division in 1892-93 and resigned from the league rather than play in the Second Division.

A pedant writes: Accrington FC and Accrington Stanley FC are two different football clubs :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Might need a double check here but would it not be the first team from the founding members of the Football League to drop out if Notts County go ?

Yep. Burnley came close, saving themselves on the final day of one Division Four season, but none have yet been relegated out completely.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Might need a double check here but would it not be the first team from the founding members of the Football League to drop out if Notts County go ?

Accrington were relegated from the First Division in 1892-93 and resigned from the league rather than play in the Second Division.

Actually Stoke were the first to go in 1890, they failed re-election and played one season in non-league before coming back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here