Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday’s game is huge

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
WARM WEATHER TRAINING.
Following their match on Saturday morning, Man Utd have flown off to Dubai for some 'warm weather training'.
Meanwhile, Liverpool had that crunching game on Thursday followed by a tricky away on Monday.
Hopefully they will be shattered by Saturday.

I'm sure the gap between Monday and Saturday is enough time for any player to be fit and fresh.

I would just like us to start well and get in Liverpool's faces and let them know they are in a game. We tend to sit back too much against the top four and let them set the tempo. Win the first tackle, win the first header, even make the first foul but just rattle them early.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sure the gap between Monday and Saturday is enough time for any player to be fit and fresh.

I would just like us to start well and get in Liverpool's faces and let them know they are in a game. We tend to sit back too much against the top four and let them set the tempo. Win the first tackle, win the first header, even make the first foul but just rattle them early.

Whatever we keep doing in starts against Chelsea at the Amex, let’s not do that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Merson reckoned they have a ‘very tricky’ game away to Brighton on Saturday.
Just 2 (2-1) home defeats all season against Spurs and Chelsea is bound to get the media cackling.
Still think it will be an almighty achievement to get a point.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Merson reckoned they have a ‘very tricky’ game away to Brighton on Saturday.
Just 2 (2-1) home defeats all season against Spurs and Chelsea is bound to get the media cackling.
Still think it will be an almighty achievement to get a point.

Wow - that's almost a complement from Miserable Merson. Was he feeling alright "Mr Brighton will get relegated".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will they have seats all over the Amex from mates/people selling, as Arsenal did the other day?

Of course they will, we have plenty of fans with season tickets who have Albion as a second team. Always loads in the 1901 when we play them, scarves and all :rolleyes:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we get a win we will be +10 points on the points tracker and I fear NSC may go into meltdown

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we get a win we will be +10 points on the points tracker and I fear NSC may go into meltdown
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] never should have done a relegation tracker in the first place.
An easy +10 would validate that.

Next season I expect us to be fully competitive in The Everton Cup, I'll be seriously titsy if we get a third 'relegation tracker'.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] never should have done a relegation tracker in the first place.
An easy +10 would validate that.

Next season I expect us to be fully competitive in The Everton Cup, I'll be seriously titsy if we get a third 'relegation tracker'.

No way! TB said for the first 5 years the aim is simply staying up. The tracker must be in place

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I hesitate to type it but we need to play like Burnley did against the 'Pool. Clipped ankles, shoves and niggles. Might nick a point.

Is that the same Burnley 8 points and 16 goals worse off in the league table than us?

The same team that has not picked up a single point against the big 6 this season?

The team that let in 5 against City, 4 v Chelsea and 3 against Arsenal & Liverpool?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No way! TB said for the first 5 years the aim is simply staying up. The tracker must be in place

Starting August with a defeatist '4th from bottom' attitude. :rolleyes: :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not if CH reverts to 4411 with Gross and Muzza......

We need to take this game to Liverpool in my opinion. Press them and defend from the front. We have done okay against Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs during the phases of the game when we have had a spring in our step. 433 with Andone up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here