Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you looking forward to in 2019?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Oh and most importantly NOT having a court case hanging over my head which went on for three years until we finally "beat" the lying scum that are South Yorkshire Police (and the CPS) in September.

I'm glad it worked out for you whatever "it" was but I can fully empathise with your predicament. I was aware of your situation as you have alluded to it in the past and how it was affecting you.

What leaves a particularly sour taste is when you yourself have been a genuine victim of crime and the Police don't want to take any action even when you have presented everything on a plate for them. To know that they have devoted resources to fabricate and prosecute a crime which they knew you never committed but they are not prepared to devote their resources to a genuine crime where a victim has actually suffered is particularly galling.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm glad it worked out for you whatever "it" was but I can fully empathise with your predicament. I was aware of your situation as you have alluded to it in the past and how it was affecting you.

What leaves a particularly sour taste is when you yourself have been a genuine victim of crime and the Police don't want to take any action even when you have presented everything on a plate for them. To know that they have devoted resources to fabricate and prosecute a crime which they knew you never committed but they are not prepared to devote their resources to a genuine crime where a victim has actually suffered is particularly galling.

South Yorkshire Police. ‘nuff said.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Wife has retired so looking forward to more leisure time and holidays.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Sailing around the coast of Britain.
Watching my daughter compete in the Topper World Championships in Holland.
Finishing the camper I am converting and then having a family holiday exploring Brittany in it.
Hopefully selling our shop as well.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Improving my golf handicap
See the beloved blues keep improving
Finish work on the house
Another year closer to retirement (3yrs) all being well. Mind you they've changed it twice in 9yrs to save money

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm an accountant. Small Ltd companies, sole traders etc. Used to juggle my own work and work for a firm but the stress of the last few years meant giving one up so I chose to go it alone.

Been tough but I'm still hanging in there and with a bit of proactive work (my client base is entirely from word of mouth) it will get better.....

Good luck with it all. My son is at Uni in Sheffield and I have some family in the area, so I thought I might be able to send some custom your way, But I don't think any have need of an accountant at the moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm looking forward to.....

Oh and most importantly NOT having a court case hanging over my head which went on for three years until we finally "beat" the lying scum that are South Yorkshire Police (and the CPS) in September.
I too am glad not having a court case over my head. Our case was for 9 years, for over half a million. Settled a few months ago for £0. Cupid stunts.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Good health ,Conference South and trips to Berlin,Croatia ,Iow and South Africa at the end of the year for Cricket.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Rugby World Cup

Albion survival

.... and visiting.........

India

Sri Lanka

Dubai

Abu Dhabi

Muscat

Thailand

Singapore

Swedish Lapland

Portugal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Nice one and good luck with the double bass. I've a fretless bass guitar and just love the sound.

What fretless bass have you got?

I am just about to pull the trigger on a new P Bass ( not fretless ) to add to my two Jazz basses :rock:
Want to join a band this year. Been looking for a while, replied to a couple of adverts but only heard back that they will contact me for a audition at some point. Still waiting!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I too am glad not having a court case over my head. Our case was for 9 years, for over half a million. Settled a few months ago for £0. Cupid stunts.
Yeah it's not pleasant. I was looking at three years in prison and financial ruin for my family. Because the police.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Picking up the latest gossip from the Bovril queue [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Good luck with it all. My son is at Uni in Sheffield and I have some family in the area, so I thought I might be able to send some custom your way, But I don't think any have need of an accountant at the moment.
Cheers mate. [emoji106]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I'm far from the only person I know who has experienced similar. I get that resources are stretched and that the police need more funds. But the way they currently use them in many cases is a ****ing disgrace. It's box ticking to try to get as many convictions as possible and screw the lives that you're ruining.

My solicitor said that I was "collateral damage". So basically should have been a witness but the police saw it as a BOGOF and the retards at the CPS bought their lies.

I dread to think how much the whole thing cost. But it almost cost me my marriage and my sanity. So I'm full on NWA these days. **** em.

Oh and cheers btw!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What fretless bass have you got?

I am just about to pull the trigger on a new P Bass ( not fretless ) to add to my two Jazz basses :rock:
Want to join a band this year. Been looking for a while, replied to a couple of adverts but only heard back that they will contact me for a audition at some point. Still waiting![/QUOT

Only a cheapo one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here