Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] New Years Eve

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
After a 370 hour , no exaggeration, work month of nights this December including. Christmas and Boxing Day nights I am getting home tomorrow morning , having a beer and going to sleep. If I wake up for the evening we will go to our local and then round to neighbours to see in 2019 before a weeks leave from work and enjoying the bumper paycheque from 95 hour weeks.
Traditional walk and pub lunch on NY day and more sleep. Much more sleep!

It’s been a tough Christmas in the field of women’s services. We have dealt with multiple suicide attempts, overdoses, Ex partners, assaults, and other bad folks who prey on vulnerable women.

At least I get to go home to Mrs TC and good friends and neighbours. I appreciate that more as the months go by.

So, a very happy new year to all of you. I hope you’ve had a good 2018 and are looking forward to a smashing 2019. Personally, apart from a legendary night out with [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and his terrific Frau and a good lunch with the much missed Les Biehn I have not been as glad to see the back of a December for some years. Next year brings a better work life balance and more recreation.

Have a good one people, see you in 2019

TBTC

Enjoy your break and respect for the job you do.
One of the good guys :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I am seriously looking forward to NYE this year. For the first time in ages, I'm NOT going out. New Year means absolutely sod all to me, today is December 31st, tomorrow is January 1st. Whoop-de-bloody-do.

Mrs P loves it however and always drags me out, but this year she has to be at work at 6am New Years Day, so I'm off the hook. She's well pissed off, but I'm as happy as a pig in poo-poo.

Ironic though, that for the first time in years I will wake up on New Years Day hangover free, I've got no football to go to :down:

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Probably watching the big fat quiz of the year on the telly with a couple of beers and then struggle to stay awake long enough to watch the fireworks on the beeb.

Pub crawl in hannover then house party

Ah, perfect. I spent most of my twenties crawling around the Hanover pubs every weekend before facing the realism of getting onto the property ladder and moving to the burbs of Buggers Hole. Good memories.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A drive down to the coast a good stroll ,then a Pub lunch . Tonight probably in the local social club a few beers and football tomorrow to see if we can continue the slide into Conference South. Looking forward to going back to work as it's been a long 12 days off.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can't stand NYE, so will be doing my usual of going to bed early, grumbling when woken up by the wretched fireworks and then wake up the next morning and realise it is the start of my diet and that will make me feel even more miserable, until I see the pounds dropping off and then I'm happy again!
Anyway, A Happy New Year to all NSC'ers, I hope you all enjoy whatever you choose to do and let us all look forward to a successful 2019 on the pitch and a few good-natured binfest argie -bargies on the board!:lolol::bigwave:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's the biggest night of the year

We were supposed to be having our good friends Polly and GIles round for a dinner party but poor old Polly has come out with a nasty bout of diarrhea so they won't be attending now. :nono:

Tried to phone around the eastablishments of Lyme but you can't get a ticket for love nor money anywhere in town such is the popularity of NYE so looks like we'll be having a quiet night in with a bottle of Lambrusco each.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wish I wasn’t but the missus apparently bought £50 tickets to stand in a heated marquee in Worthing town centre

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
As usual, going out into the street with a bottle of whisky to offer a New Year dram to any of my neighbours. And then going back indoors to drink (some) of said bottle of whisky because, the same as the last almost thirty years, my neighbours just don't do that sort of thing!

If I did that I'm pretty sure the bottle would be taken off me!

Happy New Year everyone

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We were supposed to be having our good friends Polly and GIles round for a dinner party but poor old Polly has come out with a nasty bout of diarrhea so they won't be attending now. :nono:

Tried to phone around the eastablishments of Lyme but you can't get a ticket for love nor money anywhere in town such is the popularity of NYE so looks like we'll be having a quiet night in with a bottle of Lambrusco each.

Get them round yours anyway. It’ll make Auld Lang Syne a bit more daring than usual if Polly has to break free and hit the can in 10 seconds flat.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Staying in, nice meal a couple of glasses of wine I think.

Don't mind going out, but prefer something quieter this year.

Out on a walk tomorrow morning, so will be nice to do that without a stinking hangover..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here