Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Why is it so hard to get a job?

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
carteater, have you thought of restaurants in Brighton? Wagamamas, Nandos etc. They always seem to be looking for staff. Look directly on their websites and others like them. If you like the work, you could possibly then also transfer to where you go to uni?
Good luck, hope you find something.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Sorry to vent on here, but I've been trying to find temporary work for 4 months.
I managed to get a job at a pub, I won't name them, but they ended up telling me they didn't want me because people with way more experience than me applied for the same job shortly after I started and they allegedly don't have time to train people (Why would you hire me in the first place when I had no experience of pub work? ???) :angry:.

I have signed up with almost every single agency in Brighton and have got nothing. I have a good amount of Office experience for someone my age. Is it because I'm a uni drop out? even though I'm probably going back in September and I haven't mentioned it anywhere in my CV?

Can anyone suggest things I'm doing wrong? Or other things I should do?

where do you live mate ? burrell arms in hayward heath is looking for staff

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If you'd read what I'd said :) :moo: I did get a job at a pub with no experience and got ****ed off for people with years of experience.......
Yes I read it but you can't get a job still even though you was given the opportunity but have fack all experience.Experience is so so important :)

This is why university fails so many people and so many will end up on the scrap heap because they don't start working til mid to late 20's and have no life experience apart from getting pissed.

Time things changed big time !!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here