Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Big responsibility on Gyokeres if we don't get a striker in with the injury concerns over Andone, Locadia and Murray.

More important than a centre back, really, with Bernardo able to play central defence.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A few players linked with overnight. A Caen RB, Wigan’s Dan Burn (CB) for £3m and a young Molde CB for the U23 (think), he was at the game on Friday.
Brian Owen says Dan Burn remains an interest

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A few players linked with overnight. A Caen RB, Wigan’s Dan Burn (CB) for £3m and a young Molde CB for the U23 (think), he was at the game on Friday.

Burn preferable over Moore for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Big responsibility on Gyokeres if we don't get a striker in with the injury concerns over Andone, Locadia and Murray.

More important than a centre back, really, with Bernardo able to play central defence.

Gyokeres, good prospect though he is, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the first team yet, he is still learning, and throwing him in at the deep end would do him far more harm than good.

I'm sure the club won't allow that to happen.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Another one for the U23’s?

Player
Advertisement Esbjerg's young offensive profile Anders Dreyer is according to bold.dks information in England to complete a move to the Premier League club Brighton.

With 21 goals in 33 matches, Anders Dreyer scored for Esbjerg in the 1st division last season, and it has got more instructors to sign up for the course this summer.

Austrian Rapid Vienna has previously recognized its interest, but according to bold.dks, 20-year-old Dreyer is now close to being able to call himself for the Premier League player.

Dreyer is after the 3-3 match against Randers Saturday - where Dreyer scored and burned a penalty - so taken to England to complete a move to Brighton.

Esbjerg agrees with the southerners about a prize at Dreyer, and now Dreyer's personal circumstances and a medical check are missing.

The English Transfers Window closes on Thursday evening.

This from the Bold newspaper

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gyokeres, good prospect though he is, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the first team yet, he is still learning, and throwing him in at the deep end would do him far more harm than good.

I'm sure the club won't allow that to happen.

You’ll not win anything with kids [emoji6]

TBH - tend to agree, sub appearance when we are 3 or 4 up.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

The only thing I can find on the Molde centre back is a tweet saying we might be signing Matthias Norman from them (when he is, in fact, already our player!) Did you see something else?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The CB from Molde appears to be Leo Ostigard, 19yo, who was seen in an Instagram story with Mathias Normann at the Amex on Friday.

Probably very little to it, they were team-mates last season, likely that he is just in town to visit his friend.

Having said that, supposedly Arsenal, Barcelona and others have been sniffing around Ostigard, our U23 team is in need of another CB, so if Normann could put a good word in...

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Another one for the U23’s?

Player
Advertisement Esbjerg's young offensive profile Anders Dreyer is according to bold.dks information in England to complete a move to the Premier League club Brighton.

With 21 goals in 33 matches, Anders Dreyer scored for Esbjerg in the 1st division last season, and it has got more instructors to sign up for the course this summer.

Austrian Rapid Vienna has previously recognized its interest, but according to bold.dks, 20-year-old Dreyer is now close to being able to call himself for the Premier League player.

Dreyer is after the 3-3 match against Randers Saturday - where Dreyer scored and burned a penalty - so taken to England to complete a move to Brighton.

Esbjerg agrees with the southerners about a prize at Dreyer, and now Dreyer's personal circumstances and a medical check are missing.

The English Transfers Window closes on Thursday evening.

This from the Bold newspaper

That's a solid looking source, and makes sense that the U23s would be after a right winger after sending Maguire Drew on loan.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The CB from Molde appears to be Leo Ostigard, 19yo, who was seen in an Instagram story with Mathias Normann at the Amex on Friday.

Probably very little to it, they were team-mates last season, likely that he is just in town to visit his friend.

Having said that, supposedly Arsenal, Barcelona and others have been sniffing around Ostigard, our U23 team is in need of another CB, so if Normann could put a good word in...

Thanks for clarifying! I couldn’t remember the kids name! Like you say probably just visiting.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Moore? JOC? Burn? Shirley a HGP CB is incoming soon?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just under 80 hours now until the window slams shut.

We'd be fine if it shut now - White and Gyokeres ( and maybe Anders Dreyer if we get him ) would need to take their chances - anything left to do is cake icing.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

We'd be fine if it shut now - White and Gyokeres ( and maybe Anders Dreyer if we get him ) would need to take their chances - anything left to do is cake icing.

No, CB is not 'cake icing'... he is a must... White is great, but inexperienced IMHO...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I still have a sneaky feeling we’re looking at the icing being a new ST to replace Hemed IF we get a decent offer for him (30 yrs old and 2 yrs on contract; if a Champ promotion contender wants 15-20 goals then he’s your man - that’ll be £7-10m please).

Naylor has eluded to his availability at every possible point as the final sentence in his transfer round ups AND CH stated we could still do something more than a CB if the price and fit was right for an exceptional player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

None of those players you mention, should not and will not, be let anywhere near the first team squad yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still have a sneaky feeling we’re looking at the icing being a new ST to replace Hemed IF we get a decent offer for him (30 yrs old and 2 yrs on contract; if a Champ promotion contender wants 15-20 goals then he’s your man - that’ll be £7-10m please).

Naylor has eluded to his availability at every possible point as the final sentence in his transfer round ups AND CH stated we could still do something more than a CB if the price and fit was right for an exceptional player.

And if Hemed wants to take a big pay decrease.... He is in a similar situation to Stockdale at Birmingham I'd imagine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here