Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Hove Lawns blighted

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just out of interest which group of these do travellers come from?
"Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity"

I think anyone who abuses their envirnoment and intimidate local residents and have no respect for other people are vile. Is that hate speech?
If so, report me!

I have no intention to scream for any policemen.

The police have enough trouble controlling the anxious pack waiting at Lancing for the helicopter to arrive at the moment.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And some idiot in the Argus reported a comment like this as hate speech!

Quote"The council will do nothing to prevent this filth turning up year in year out and it is the local businesses and residents who suffer but now enough is enough. These vermin bring nothing but filth and grief, no respect and no compromise whatsoever. More managed and permanent sites for travellers has been muted. As a suggestion how about 9 or 10 miles out to sea.

I reported this vile comment to the Argus moderators yesterday as hate speech, yet it's still here. What exactly are the moderators for if not to clean up revolting comments like this...?

It would be the word vermin primarily.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe you don't realise quite how many fans of other clubs supported Brighton in the dark days at the end of the Goldstone, how many supported their campaign for a new ground. Tony Bloom provided the finance, there's far more to the story than that, as you probably should know.

Signed petitions, came on the party conference marches, wrote letters, and took part in REMF games for charity. Many other different fans but as you say rippleman must know that, although his join date of 2011, may indicate he doesn't.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's thanks to other fans like Mr Putdown and the REMF Palace crew, that we have the Amex.

Maybe you don't realise quite how many fans of other clubs supported Brighton in the dark days at the end of the Goldstone, how many supported their campaign for a new ground. Tony Bloom provided the finance, there's far more to the story than that, as you probably should know.

Signed petitions, came on the party conference marches, wrote letters, and took part in REMF games for charity. Many other different fans but as you say rippleman must know that, although his join date of 2011, may indicate he doesn't.

But I do.

And that does not mean that we have to kowtow to others. Be respectful of the contribution of others, but be fiercely proud of our own efforts and not meekly allow ourselves to be subdued by our foes.

And foes is the correct term in footballing circles, unless you are a believer in football only beginning in the Sky era.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
But I do.

And that does not mean that we have to kowtow to others. Be respectful of the contribution of others, but be fiercely proud of our own efforts and not meekly allow ourselves to be subdued by our foes.

And foes is the correct term in footballing circles, unless you are a believer in football only beginning in the Sky era.

Bloody hell!! I agree with WQW. I'm going for a lie down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here