Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous attack in Las Vegas

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trump be Trump!

“On behalf of all of the people of Texas, and all of the people – if you look today and see what is happening, how horrible it is, but we have it under really great control – Puerto Rico and the people of Florida who have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them. And we’re going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love, a part of our great state, really a part of our great nation.”

I mean - WTF does that shite even MEAN ??! "To all those people that went through so much that we love" :facepalm:

Then there's the "warmest condolences" tweet. The bloke is an utter buffoon. If him and Boris Johnson ever ended up in the same room together, I fear the catastrophic density in close proximity would warp the time-space continuum to such an extent that it would open up a wormhole that would end up devouring the entire planet.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The bloke is an utter buffoon.

I'm old enough to remember when Kennedy was elected president. Us Catholics, particularly the Irish Catholics, were ecstatic. One of our own, elected president.
The nuns who taught in my elementary school were over the moon.
Kennedy's picture was hanging up over the till in every small store in Dorchester and South Boston.
We had arrived. And boy howdy, were we ever proud.

I figure Trump being elected is just like that, except for 'Catholics', read 'assholes.'

One of their own, elected president.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] I think you hit the nail on the head. The 2nd understood weapons far far inferior to today. Then it was self protection now it is assault rifles.

This kind of drivel has been debunked. The amendments says arms not muskets and its not self defence but tyranny.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm old enough to remember when Kennedy was elected president. Us Catholics, particularly the Irish Catholics, were ecstatic. One of our own, elected president.
Kennedy's picture was hanging up over the till in every small store in Dorchester and South Boston.

I figure Trump being elected is just like that, except for 'Catholics', read 'assholes.'

I think your first few sentences define assholes. Hows all that identity politics working out for you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The human race will become extinct before the USA sorts out its gun culture problem, seriously, there are just too many weapons out there.

I must admit I'm beyond caring now. It's patently obvious to anyone outside the US that there's an issue. It's like someone who's in a bad relationship; no matter what outsiders say or do they don't want to know. The solution to this problem is in their own hands but sadly they're so wrapped up in their individual rights and liberty nothing will change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its effing sarcasm, get a grip.

It really isn't. I understand why your communication skills are not tip top - and you ought to too. The number of times I have seen other posters on here attempting and failing to guess wft you are going on about is legion. Try to take a bit more care. Try to play it straight since the distinctions between facetiousness, sarcasm, irony and badinage appear to be way beyond your pay grade.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its effing sarcasm, get a grip.

Try to take a bit more care. Try to play it straight since the distinctions between facetiousness, sarcasm, irony and badinage appear to be way beyond your pay grade.

:lolol: Great put down. Almost up there with [MENTION=12211]The Spanish[/MENTION]'s "You can stop" post. I'll remember this one for my own use.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This kind of drivel has been debunked. The amendments says arms not muskets and its not self defence but tyranny.

To be fair, this reads like you are in favour of gun control. But I have a feeling (based on your previous posts) you may not be in favour of gun control. I'd ask for clarification but.....well.....tbh I'm not sure I'm all that interested in what you really think. Sorry about that. :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
33,000 gun deaths a year, that's 90 a day. Its like a Bataclan theatre loss every day, every year.

After this they will do nothing, one screwed up nation

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
#whenistherighttimetotalkaboutguncontrol?

If someone can go into a Primary School, kill loads of kids with a variety of weapons, and that doesn't change gun laws, then as others have said, why would this suddenly change it, especially with a pro-gun president and government. This guy had an arsenal of weapons. Your right to bare arms includes your right to arm an army division if you so wished.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If someone can go into a Primary School, kill loads of kids with a variety of weapons, and that doesn't change gun laws, then as others have said, why would this suddenly change it, especially with a pro-gun president and government. This guy had an arsenal of weapons. Your right to bare arms includes your right to arm an army division if you so wished.

Ah, but as I have just been informed, the second amendment doesn't give individuals the right to bear or own arms. It gives 'the people the right to bear arms to protect their own State.' It's a twisted truth to say the constitution gives individuals a right to bear arms for their own use or to protect their own homes. Interesting eh?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Or Racist, or Nazi (sympathiser?) or Cretin or Russian Spy..... he's many things to many people.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
#whenistherighttimetotalkaboutguncontrol?

Reading back through this thread .. when the bodies are still warm?

Apparently, he met 'all state and federal requirements, including an FBI background check.' according to a gun shop owner where he purchased some weapons back in Spring and there is no record of mental instability. Some semi-automatic rifles can be modified to fire on full auto and even if they tried to ban them there would most likely be an upsurge in buying these types of weapons before new laws came in, as has happened before. In other words in a country awash with weapons, most people (especially people with a clean record) intent on inflicting mass casualties are likely to get hold of firearms either legally or illegally.

:shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Apparently, he met 'all state and federal requirements, including an FBI background check.' according to a gun shop owner where he purchased some weapons back in Spring and there is no record of mental instability. Some semi-automatic rifles can be modified to fire on full auto and even if they tried to ban them there would most likely be an upsurge in buying these types of weapons before new laws came in, as has happened before. In other words in a country awash with weapons, most people (especially people with a clean record) intent on inflicting mass casualties are likely to get hold of firearms either legally or illegally.

It is amazing JC, after an Islamist attack, within 5mins people can post that we should get rid of an entire religion altogether. A mass shooting and mentioning gun control is taboo. Weird.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All this talk of “It’s in the 2nd amendment so that’s that” over there astounds me. It’s already an amendment - so that means laws can be changed. I mean..... give the w..angers a biro. How can Americans not see it.
As for all this talk about there being so many guns out there that it would be pointless doing anything is just giving in. Doing nothing and just accepting that this is going to be the future but with more ‘machines going wrong’ and letting it happen on a even more regular basis is total madness.
Just do nothing America.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

As much as I would support changes to the gun laws - which will take a long long time I'm sure - what's interesting is that in a country that is awash with so many weapons, this doesn't happen more. That said, 22,000 deaths due to firearms since the year 2000 just in interactions with law enforcement officers shows how tough such a change in culture would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here