Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best strike partnership at the Albion?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Trying to remember who Saunders played up top with. Sure it must have been TC although he was injured a lot. Saunders was a real live wire though.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Mine is for memories more than ability but pick whatever ya like..

Maskell and Baird.
Yep. Iain Baird will always be in my top 3 of all time favourite Albion players. Hunger and aggression.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Adam Virgo and Gary Hart. Budget strike force of a centre back and utility player.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ward and Mellor, followed closely by Ward and Poskett (Peter wards them off and Pozzi drives them home, as one of my departed Albion friends used to say).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No mention of Dickov & Flatts.

Oh how Ryan would have loved to have been in that side. :lol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We had a couple of loan strikers really hit it off for about a dozen games, Steve Cotterill and .... I just can't think. Can anyone help?

Ok, hardly the best ever, but they were a refreshing break, from lower league mediocrity. In fact, that early 90's was littered with brief optimism about a striker, as it was the era of Mark Gall, Bryan Wade, and Kurt Nogan, who all flashed (on the pitch, rather than the Dean Saunders team photo kind of way) briefly, but it wasn't to last.

Overall though. I was too late for the Ward Mellor partnership, so my money has to be on Ritchie and Robinson.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Smith, Smith, Collins and Gould. 74 goals in a season between them!

For those I've actually seen, though, Wardy and Spider.

GT, I assume you are too young to have seen Bobby,Jack, Jimmy and Wally.
Fantastically exciting to watch, back in the day and Wally is one of my all time Albion favourites.
Wardy and Spider.................superb!

Oct 25, 2003
in my lifetime, Zamora and Steele worked very well as did the Murray and Barnes partnership both in what is now League One.

honourable mention to Murray/Baldock from last season as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here