Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy me on holiday...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always try and pick a destination that will have minimal children present. Deliberately don't have children and don't particularly wish to be around them on our holidays. I don't mind them if they are behaved but inevitably children sat in a pub or restaurant are going to get bored and grizzly. And annoying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems to me a lot of people are going to the wrong places, or the wrong type of holidays?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've been on adults only all inclusives for the last few years as I don't like screaming kids ruining my holiday. However they don't seem to have adults only flights yet so you always get parents who can't be bothered to control their little darlings and who glare at you when you complain that their little treasure has just chucked up all over your seat whilst you've been away from your seat to go to the loo (yes it happened this year and I made them sit in the slowly congealing mess).

No adults only flights for sure, but if you go on holiday during term time, you stand a sporting chance of avoiding the most annoying ones. Like the little shit whose parents found it highly amusing to let him run around on the baggage carousel when our plane finally got into Gatwick three hours late, after midnight. Everybody tired and ratty and just wanting to get home.Then the little shit promptly threw up all over the carousel. Cue half hour delay while they called in a cleaner to wipe the mess up and get the luggage going round again. The little shit and the little shit's parents came THAT close to getting lynched. Shame it didn't happen really, would have been doing a favour to the gene pool.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sweaty Geordie's that own shitty little bars with football flags adorning the walls, they then proceed to talk to you like a pleb because they live and work in the sun and you don't.
Crap beer and food, tart of a daughter working behind the bar and a miserable missus.
Frequented by the same people all week as their local and get to know the barman like a friend while the kids are in there from lunchtime until 2 in the morning playing pool.
(Don't go in them then Raleigh)

Oh and fat Brits getting up at 6am to put a towel on 20 sun beds for their Jeremy Kyle family.
It's not all Germans you know.

Cockneys and Mancs - horrid accents, no manners and domineering twa*s.

Don't mind the odd depressing Brummie accent, moaning about "the Villa" - we laugh at their Kevin Turvey down beat look on life.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Arriving at your ***** star hotel then finding out they don't have a full English breakfast option and no bingo in the evenings.

Continental Europeans wearing white socks and sandals skulking around the pool at 5.30am with fifteen towels.

Russians (also foreigners in general and most of my fellow countrymen).

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
As an aside on this thread so apologies. I've never been on an all inclusive because :

- You have to get up at 07.00 for a Sunbed.
- It's full of Russians
- The food is tasteless crap
- The walls are thin and the tossers next door make loads of noise.

Are any of the sweeping generalisations true or am I talking shite?
Anyone who chooses an all inclusive break anywhere in the Med deserves all they get..... they were designed originally for Mexico and Caribbean islands to stop tourists wandering around looking for restaurants whilst running the risk of getting killed.

In the Med, it's simply an entry level option for those who think the height of sophistication is drinking a pint of Mythos whilst gorging on anything with chips.... 3 times a day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
On the "kids" debate, if the mere presence of children being children irritates you - then firstly I feel sorry for you but secondly that really is your problem, not theirs. If a child is having a tantrum on the plane or at a table near you in a restaurant or bar, is it really ruining your holiday? Just laugh at the poor parents and then think about how they're probably going to spend the rest of the night sat on a balcony babysitting whilst you're out having fun.

In terms of parents who allow their kids to run around and throw up on luggage carousels, don't help/apologise if their kids are sick around you and let their kids run riot around a bar or restaurant - I would suggest that these people would probably be being dickheads on their holiday even if they didn't have kids, and no need to bring the issue of children into it.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I always try and pick a destination that will have minimal children present. Deliberately don't have children and don't particularly wish to be around them on our holidays. I don't mind them if they are behaved but inevitably children sat in a pub or restaurant are going to get bored and grizzly. And annoying.
Bad behaviour from children is not inevitable, it's preventable. When ours were little if we took them into a pub or restaurant we always made sure we had something with us which would keep them quietly busy - a few bits of paper and some colouring pencils always do the trick, or a book to read. We're talking aged 6 and 2 here. Yet plenty of times saw other parents who thought that it was their kids' right to run around like they were in a playground amongst mainly adults trying to enjoy a quiet pint or lunch. No wonder people want adults only

Don't get me started in why people take under 3's on sunshine holidays either. Kids that young don't need a tan and as a rule they hate flying. We took ours to Devon or South Wales instead - only a few hours in the car and it's much easier to keep them happy/quiet. As the parent you get a better holiday too.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Don't get me started on Russian tourists...

The drunken oafish men splashing obscene amounts of money are bad enough, but the women - jeez! Super arrogant and never stop smoking. Had restaurant lunches ruined in Nice, Zakynthos, Amalfi and Santa Margherita and it's not like it takes them an hour or two to get maggoted...they turn up maggoted! At midday!

Thank Christ we haven't got 'em in Australia.

To be fair that is how the British have been viewed for the last 30 years...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm not sure he was talking about the right to be away from children. Just a desire for parents to keep their little darlings under control and understand they're not the centre of everyone else's universe. Certainly, compared to when I was a kid in the 70s/80s, things are very different. Flights/cafes/restaurants - even pubs - are sometimes more like a play school these days. It's good we've moved on from a packet of crisps in the car park, but learning when to behave is still a pretty useful life skill.

Puts on tin helmet.

Thanks trueblue - that's EXACTLY what I was trying to get across

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Are you flying on third world dodgy airlines?

This was Norwigen Air the Last half hour of the flight was bumpy and the landing took a couple of attempts nothing to write home about but a number of people did clap including the air hostess

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On the "kids" debate, if the mere presence of children being children irritates you - then firstly I feel sorry for you but secondly that really is your problem, not theirs. If a child is having a tantrum on the plane or at a table near you in a restaurant or bar, is it really ruining your holiday? Just laugh at the poor parents and then think about how they're probably going to spend the rest of the night sat on a balcony babysitting whilst you're out having fun.

In terms of parents who allow their kids to run around and throw up on luggage carousels, don't help/apologise if their kids are sick around you and let their kids run riot around a bar or restaurant - I would suggest that these people would probably be being dickheads on their holiday even if they didn't have kids, and no need to bring the issue of children into it.

Don't hate the presence of children, go on regular camping trips and days out with friends and their kiddies. It's a preference of mine to go on holidays where there will unlikely be children around. We would be unlikely to book an all inclusive poolside holiday where there are gonna be families with kids dive bombing and loudly demanding chips. Just as chippy kids are unlikely to book themselves onto a walking trip around the Lade District.
Holiday companies all offer kid free holidays. It's not a fault, It's just as a grown up I sometimes don't want kids around, well behaved or not. In fact I leave pubs if I walk in and see crayons.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Kids in Airport Lounges allowed to roam free, fingering all of the sandwiches then leaving half eaten muffins, rolls and bags of crisps all over the place simply because they were free.
Puts me right off of my G&T it does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People that rush to get their hand luggage from the holders and then to be first off of the plane to then wait until the bus is filled up to take you all to the terminal. Waiting in the airport for the flight home knowing it is all finished and back to rain and cold weather.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
As an aside on this thread so apologies. I've never been on an all inclusive because :

- You have to get up at 07.00 for a Sunbed.
- It's full of Russians
- The food is tasteless crap
- The walls are thin and the tossers next door make loads of noise.

Are any of the sweeping generalisations true or am I talking shite?

No
depends where you go
No
No

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here