Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Approval ratings for next PM:

-18% Sajid Javid
-19% David Davis
-21% Dominic Raab
-23% Amber Rudd
-35% Boris Johnson
-45% Michael Gove

(Source: YouGov. Yes, they are all minuses.)

From Ciaran Jenkins on Twitter

How can anyone possibly publish figures like that? What can minus 45% mean, without some kind of clarification? Just disinformation at its worst.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Momentum or the European Reseach Group would be the worst ever government

Er, Momentum can't govern as they have no parliamentary representation, The ERG however, consists of elected Tory MP's that could govern depending on how many are left standing after they have imploded.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just listening to radio 5. Someone said they are really cross about what's going on and are completely 'cream crackered' (meaning angry). Someone else said they are 'petit poid' (meaning pissed off).

When English people have such a poor grasp of the colloquial English language one gives up.

Yes, I dislike Corbyn yet I am increasing wishing Corbyn on these morons. People will vote for him even though he is transparently useless. Of course they will - peope voted for this imaginary 'Brexit' after all.

The people I have the most contempt for are the former remainers who think we must 'honour' the vote and leave on whatever deal is on offer. 'Hello - I surrender' is the only opening gambit possible with this strategy. Looking back it seems this was what May said from the off (while huffing and puffing to the British media).

Brexit should have been advertised as 'the day after the referendum we leave, hard Brexit; whatever happens after that will be another world and another day'. It could never have been anything else.

Nobody voted for a negociated Brexit. Nobody. Yet.....what else are the governent supposed to do if they don't think hard Brexit was what we voted for? And yet negociations cannot ever give everybody what they thought they voted for.

Those parts of the world who have stopped (for the moment) laughing at the French and sneering at the yanks will be laughing at us (if they can be bothered to glance momentarily in our direction).

And why aren't the flouncers Broris and Davis not being hung out to dry over this? Neither of them have actually explained why they resigned. To me it looks like they realised that Brexit is a non-starter - unless it is a hard Brexit. Even Farrage has quit his party. Perhaps we should invite the last fraud standing, Yaxley-Lennon, to lead us into the promised land. And yes, I know there are people on here who think that would be great. Let's start off the Brexit process by burning down a pakistani newsagents, eh? It will start happening soon.....

Lucid as ever, top poster. We need a poll to prove it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does anybody know really know what the hell is going on ?

no.

and the rumours of 48 letters need to be seen before believed. we heard all this last month and in reality there was no where near enough (20 odd) with MPs being named that hadnt written any letter. ERG is probably stirring this up as a way to force a change. only a couple of days ago we heard that DUP would back May in a confidence vote if she lost the brexit vote, and Corbyn wont call a confidence vote until he sure he'll win it. that tells how the numbers work

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Whats going on is the same cluster**** thats been going on for some time. What a shambles.
#everybodyelsesfault

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whats going on is the same cluster**** thats been going on for some time. What a shambles.
#everybodyelsesfault

The country is a joke.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think she might win the confidence vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You're not advocating PR but you want a more representative government that delivers a bigger majority. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Not if you had properly read the post.

The current system is given us everything it is supposed to not, so I'm advocating a tweek. First past the post but with a second choice. I've read some research (long forgotten) that it could lead to a bigger majorities in the current situation we find ourselves in.

It's sounds paradoxical, but look at way we elect our London mayor.

What's actually paradoxical is the current system. It isn't leading to majorities, parties know that and are focusing on their core vote.

Face it, Parliament is broken, it isn't going to agree on much with a huge majority for a long time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So, this is all about the Tories and their allies, rather than the health of the country. Fabulous. Who would have guessed.

and the Labour position on Brexit is...? all about their political position rather than the health of the country. party politics eh, a pox on all their houses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anybody know really know what the hell is going on ?

Yes. It is quite clear to me.

However, as Deep Thought (HGTTG) said, 'the answer? You may not like it'.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
and the Labour position on Brexit is...? all about their political position rather than the health of the country. party politics eh, a pox on all their houses.

Who knows what the labour position is. All I know is they didnt call for this cluster**** to keep in power in the first place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here