Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray had a poor game, then much younger Ulloa (fresh legs and age on his side) was awful ... contributed nothing.

If we stay up and buy a couple of strikers in the summer, they might be better quality than Ulloa. At least at this stage, the club aren't committed. Decision, decisions.

Love to know how many headers Murray won with absolutely no support coming through. I’d suggest he won most of the headers he went for. Hard to have a good game when you are so isolated and seldom receive the ball to feet. I am convinced the physical presence of Locadia and his pace would have worked much better in the second half. Gross was so off the pace that Murray had very few options when the ball reached him.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love to know how many headers Murray won with absolutely no support coming through. I’d suggest he won most of the headers he went for. Hard to have a good game when you are so isolated and seldom receive the ball to feet.

Agree. We've reverted to the Albion of two spells this Autumn/Winter. An isolated 34 year old striker up front, in disjointed performances.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Locadia and Murray for next week in a 4-4-2. Baldrick or Ulloa on the bench.

Murray's got zero pace, CH is quicker.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
The signing of Locadia and Ulloa saw him raise his game massively and quite rightly his name was the first on the team sheet but he’s looked off the pace the past 3 or 4 games. Definitely time for a rest in my opinion..

Struggled to see the Murray for Ulloa swap today though. I thought it was crying out for Locadia today. Bit of pace bit of trickery just a bit of something different... Penny for Locadia’s thoughts after that...

apparently Locadia was ready to come on until the red card, when CH changed his mind and put Ulloa on ? I was there, but my son, who had a better view told me this.....before I get flak !!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should have come off after an hour last week and then not started this. His purple patch looks well and truly over.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
apparently Locadia was ready to come on until the red card, when CH changed his mind and put Ulloa on ? I was there, but my son, who had a better view told me this.....before I get flak !!

Fair enough. TBF Hughton has done slightly more in management than I ever have, so I’ll let him have that one :laugh:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Naylor said similar. But Ulloa was already on, it was Kayal that came on instead to shore up midfield.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
There were a couple of times today when Muzza's lack of any pace at a all was all too evident again. I don't doubt that he's very good at what he does but the lack of any pace is increasingly noticeable.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Love to know how many headers Murray won with absolutely no support coming through. I’d suggest he won most of the headers he went for. Hard to have a good game when you are so isolated and seldom receive the ball to feet. I am convinced the physical presence of Locadia and his pace would have worked much better in the second half. Gross was so off the pace that Murray had very few options when the ball reached him.

There was just no support from the midfield hence the isolation. Thought he was Ok myself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tbf picking out Murray after today is a little harsh. He won absolutely everything in the air still. And that first 25/30 minutes we were bang on it. Everyone’s heads just dropped after the Duffy calamity. I’m in the keep Murray starting camp, personally.

No pace. As a one up front (how it seemed most of the time today) it is a joke.

First time, today, I started thinking, CH is SOOOOO predictable the oppos don't even need to look up our team sheet, or who will be subbed and when. Huddersfield were shit today and yet we almost lost all the points. We are not safe yet. But we could have been...

If I were the Lizard I would ask Chris how he see next season, where he wants to be and how he thinks we can get there (as he, of course, will) and listen VERY carefully to the answers. One more season of survival is perhaps realistc; then we MUST push on, if you get my drift.....

Awful today. Fear, hesitation and crass stupidity from Duffy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There were a couple of times today when Muzza's lack of any pace at a all was all too evident again. I don't doubt that he's very good at what he does but the lack of any pace is increasingly noticeable.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He has looked below par since being suggested for England but having said that Ulloa was no better when he came on. I was surprised CH didnt throw Locadia into the match on 75 mins to go for the winner.and taken off either March or Izquierdo and go more direct. straight for goal.

Spot on. Huddersfield were ripe for having a new one ripped by pace. Izquierdo and Locadia to start up front.....it will never happen with Mr Predictable in charge, though.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It's been equally noticeable all season, he simply doesn't have any these days.

When we did well in Jan/Feb, we pushed up and got plenty of support up to him.

Today after Duffy's incredible blunder, our midfield got nervous for an hour and retreated 20 metres, leaving Murray on his own.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Post of the day.
An adventurous manager such as Pardew, Hughes or Clement would have made those brave decisions.

They wouldn't. That is partly why they are gone. And as I said, perhaps elsewhere, staying up is everything this season, but next season the same old same old, leading to a Wimpey rather than a bang, won't be tolerated by the boss for ever....

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Thought CH needed to be a bit more proactive with his subs today. Midfield shat their collective pants after the Duffy error.

Thought Murray looked a little off the pace today and maybe giving him a couple of weeks rest would reenergise him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Post of the day.
An adventurous manager such as Pardew, Hughes or Clement would have made those brave decisions.

Thats uncalled for as nobody is suggesting such a move what we want is the manager to be more proactive and try to change things when the game is running away from us like today.. I would go as far as to say that we were very fortunate to have got a point today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here