Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk England call up

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Congrats Lewis, long time coming. But they say you keep the best till last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No doubt this has already been asked, sorry, but what's the likelihood he'll get some game time?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No doubt this has already been asked, sorry, but what's the likelihood he'll get some game time?

I guess that depends whether Southgate buys into the 'Nations League' as being a competitive competition, or not. If he does, possibly not.

If he sees it as a series of slightly more organised friendlies, then Dunk will get at least one 45 minute run out. Hopefully against Croatia on Friday, so his debut is not against Spain :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I reckon maybe last 10-15 in one of the two games, if it looks like the result is already settled either way (3-0 or 0-3 etc).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
My first cycle ride into town as an 11 year old was when the Argus were doing a sticker poster for the world cup finals in 1982 and I wanted to go and get it as soon as it was available so I could stick Steve Foster in. Took a lot of persuading of my mother to let me go, but my trusty Grifter did the job and got me Fozzie in an England shirt.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

I'd say the best he can hope for is a ten minute run out towards the end just to get the cap under his belt and future proof him having an Irish granny or something.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They're live streaming some of the training from Mid-Day on Facebook if anyone is interested

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're live streaming some of the training from Mid-Day on Facebook if anyone is interested

England's social media presence is superb nowadays, someone must've been brought in to bring them into the 21st century just before the World Cup, genuinely think it's helping young football fans connect with the England team anew.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing how these footballers have Gucci , LV bags etc. Yet carry their boots in their club branded plastic bags :ffsparr:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bongy's back with Cameroon - this is new isn't it? I thought he had stopped playing for them after a falling out of some sort.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bongy's back with Cameroon - this is new isn't it? I thought he had stopped playing for them after a falling out of some sort.

Back for the first time, during the last window, after they appointed Clarence Seedorf as the new manager.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well done Lewis , it's a massive accolade for any player to be called up into their national team , be it England Brazil or Lichtenstein , i feel proud myself , so god knows how he and his family must be feeling , brilliant stuff .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well done Lewis , it's a massive accolade for any player to be called up into their national team , be it England Brazil or Lichtenstein , i feel proud myself , so god knows how he and his family must be feeling , brilliant stuff .

I just hope he can make an impression and capitalise to leap frog Tarkowski and this is not a one off. With Southgates plans on the age of players realistically Dunk doesn't have much more than 4 years left him in at England level

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here