Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
WTF ? :shrug:

There's a village calling you wanting you to return !

Irrelevant it might be according to you but it doesn't remove the fact it's happening ..... enjoy !

He has a point. And you have your interpretation of what the referendum question meant....as do others. If the government come back with a Norway deal they will have satisfied the referedum question.....you cannot deny this.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He has a point. And you have your interpretation of what the referendum question meant....as do others. If the government come back with a Norway deal they will have satisfied the referedum question.....you cannot deny this.

My WTF and :shrug: were around his banning the car statement ...... just bizarre.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, not according to me according to the referendum question! How are people ok with the government using the leave vote to piggy back through stuff that was not voted on!?

It's going - deal with it.

Jan 30, 2008
It's all very well for the idiotic likes of PPF to type his childish We are on our way!!! crap or for others to spout that it'll be a short term upheaval but for long term gain. I can't imagine they'd be so cocky if they were sat opposite a bunch of Mini factory workers of 30 years who are 5 years away from retirement or have just bought their first house and started a family.
Honestly, the crass I'm alright Jack attitude of some Leave voters is disgusting.
BUT WE'RE ON OUR WAY, stop bed wetting and deal with it
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There is no mandate for removing it though. How can a government remove somthing like this without permission from its people!? This is what brexiteers have not answered and keep swerving just like you have done here with statements like "its going deal with it" or "leave means leave, tick tock". None of these address the fundamental issue of the government trying to erode our freedoms without any consultation or permission from us!

Think people are now starting to realise their dream of days in the sun during retirement with healthcare are over. And their kids are going to have their opportunities massively restricted...

Removal of FOM is a breach of human rights, there needs to be an option to keep EU Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008
Think people are now starting to realise their dream of days in the sun during retirement with healthcare are over. And their kids are going to have their opportunities massively restricted...

Removal of FOM is a breach of human rights, there needs to be an option to keep EU Citizenship
comedy gold :lolol:
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no mandate for removing it though. How can a government remove somthing like this without permission from its people!? This is what brexiteers have not answered and keep swerving just like you have done here with statements like "its going deal with it" or "leave means leave, tick tock". None of these address the fundamental issue of the government trying to erode our freedoms without any consultation or permission from us!
We're taking away so much from our younger generations.

https://twitter.com/SebDance/status/1047032564601499650?s=19

May hasn't even apologised !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:mad:this is the oddest arguments, its as if you didnt live through the referedum campaign.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have a million jobs at risk if the Tories f**k up Brexit with their red lines and dunce deal with the DUP

For the Germans they will see a temporary contraction if UK goes off a cliff, until the ROW picks up the slack. For example, the FTA between EU and Japan opens up a market double the size of the UK.

For us, if automotive goes, it goes forever. We don't own it, and if we create friction and costs we're screwed

Are you exaggerating again. Oh go on then name them let's see how you get on

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I did and the question and vote was about leaving the eu. It did not ask about leaving the eu AND ending freedom of movement, just leaving.

freedom of movement was a major campaign argument on both sides, remain that we'd lose it, leave that they'd lose it. i think you're in denial of some sorts. it was clear leaving would mean loss of freedom of movement as its one of the core tenets of the EU. your argument would suggest all elections should have every policy detail enumerated on the ballot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree. Unless he’s quite wealthy [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] could have another thing coming if he thinks retiring to the EU will be simple and reasonably financially accessible. I predict the health insurance alone will cripple him unless he already has private insurance which will cover him outside the EU.

I’m in two minds about EU citizenship. I agree in principle but do not want anyone who voted leave to be able to obtain it. The last thing I want is a load of wrinkly old bitter Little Englanders being able to easily move in next door.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
You CAN have freedom of movement and not be in the eu, look at Norway, so to suggest it was clear leaving meant losing freedom of movent is utter utter bullshit and and outright lie.

thats upto the EU to decide how much of the cake they want to share. i see you've moved to anger, so i take it you're grieving.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You see, Simster. I rest my case.

Your case is full of holes and flawed considering i only call you a liar when you lie.

That's not what the FT thinks. This is from January 2017.

[tweet]1046623558410141696[/tweet]

What on earth made you believe that is what the FT “thinks”. Cant you spot the difference between journalistic or editorial content and something which is clearly an opinion of a random person in the comment section of an article.(@Pasquino should have been a big enough clue)
Twitter has fried your brain.

If Guy "build an empire" Verhofstadt had his way that there would be no extension to article 50 negotiations then that would kill the peoples vote stone dead.

They can't wait to distance themselves from the racist bullshit spouted by May at this conference.

You complete clown
What has the Prime Minister said at the conference that is racist..........can you name anything..............no of course you cant.
Stop imagining things.

Sorry, maybe you missed my question earlier.

Talking about missed questions. Where did i bring 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into the conversation. You failed once to show where i did and now seem to be avoiding the question.
One simple post showing where i did should cover it.

Been looking into the timelines of Brexit, the next 4-6 weeks appear to be a critical period

Still I'm sure we will at least know everything about the future relationship at the point of departure, won't we???

No, we wont know everything about the future relationship, as the future relationship is a framework. You clearly didnt look too hard at the timeline

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here