Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a drum don't we?

Should we have a drummer at the Amex?

• Yes lets give it a try but make it subtle and sort out the songs.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 112 65.5%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
So, let me get this straight.

It created the atmosphere because it kept fans in unison and it was so electric and loud they could barely hear it anyway?

Does anyone remember what the atmosphere was like on the 17th March 2013...did we have a drum then?

i aint for it or against. the drum never makes the atmosphere, the fans do........ but it seemed to help keep vast swathes in time, it was the fans who could be heard, but in amongst it you could just about pick out the drum keeping them all on time.

I have been to loads of grounds where some **** just bangs a drum loudly trying to get people to sing and it sounds shit, i agree. But some clubs do have superb atmospheres (which in turn positively affects the players - the sole objective), if it can be done right it could be a positive - but if done wrong it will join the list of clubs with a shit drum.

I can only imagine, all stands singing GOSBTS, in time and unison for ages, that would make an electric atmosphere, the drum if it was done right (like derby) would barely be heard and maybe it would enable something better?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Please no drum, if we had a vote, convinced that people in the majority would say no, maybe the kids would like it and fair do, but I am
Afraid that would stop me going, it is my real pet hate in football, sorry have an opinion. You don't need a drum to get a good noise going, you need a combination fans that sing, good football, a stadium that holds the noise, simple

In fairness, can't really change the stadium now...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Please no drum, if we had a vote, convinced that people in the majority would say no, maybe the kids would like it and fair do, but I am
Afraid that would stop me going, it is my real pet hate in football, sorry have an opinion. You don't need a drum to get a good noise going, you need a combination fans that sing, good football, a stadium that holds the noise, simple
Let's start an e-petition so [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] can try to explain it to us in simple terms...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Anyone suggesting that we could get an atmosphere anywhere near as loud or continuous as Derby created yesterday is deluding themselves. They were amazing. The sound was deafening at times.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Thank god I remember, the club has banned drums in the stadium as some team wanted to bring one last year and it was stated it was a stadium rule, praise The Lord, discussion closed.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Now I'm not that bothered whether we have a drum or goal music. I also don't care if a section of the North Stand sing the St Pauli song. At least they came up with their own words and didn't sing it the same way as every other club, but those that did, got royally slaughtered by many on here. I go to support the team I love and have done for nearly 40 years. Fans deciding how they want to make a noise isn't going to stop me watching the team. That's just ridiculous. The reason the atmosphere at the The Amex is generally poor is because the fans that do like to sing and try to generate an atmosphere can't agree on a way to do it. Therefore, nothing will change until they can agree. Maybe a 'sit' where you like policy in the North Stand would work better?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

Baffled that you would turn your back on your team because of a drum

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Baffled that you would turn your back on your team because of a drum

I know, but I really hate that part of football, why do we need artificial add ons, I actually oh to watch football in a wonderful stadium, if I wanted to hear a drum I would go and watch a band or a marching band. As said i am sure a vote would be no anyway and the stadium had banned then anyway, so should be thread over.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
I know, but I really hate that part of football, why do we need artificial add ons, I actually oh to watch football in a wonderful stadium, if I wanted to hear a drum I would go and watch a band or a marching band. As said i am sure a vote would be no anyway and the stadium had banned then anyway, so should be thread over.

ban singing as well then?, if you want to hear singing you'd go a watch a band??

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Drums: rock bands & African tribal rituals

singing : All

mass group shouting (nee singing) : football

rattles : babies and football fans . . . . up until the 70's anyway

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills