Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Means nothing why? Do you think the bookies like to give money away?

No. They set their prices to attract custom, and carefully calculate so that they won't lose. The odds they offer make no difference whatsoever to our chances - it's just a commercial thing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The bookies have us at 22/1 to get relegated. That means they think we have a 4.4% chance of going down. If you think it's 70-30 I suggest you take a bet!

Bookies odds reflect the amount of cash on a given outcome..... I'l wait til its a mathematical certainty , just to be sure, and then relax.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
No, we're not. We've probably got enough points to avoid the drop (just) but it's no certainty. Maybe 70-30 in favour of staying up?
20/1 available with the bookies on that 9/2 shot... GO LARGE...!!!!

You have not been charged for this information.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Bookies odds reflect the amount of cash on a given outcome..... I'l wait til its a mathematical certainty , just to be sure, and then relax.
Of all the nonsense repeated on NSC this is one of the best.

William Hill and his mates will lay bets on us at 20/1 because the real odds of us going down are LONGER than that. No other reason.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
We need another point or two in my opinion just to be sure but as long as Stoke and Southampton remain awful we might be ok to lose every single game from here on in and just about scrape 17th, only damaging defeat would be Palace as they're below us but I can't see them being relegated

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A frustration performance and a poor game today, but with nobody below us picking up points the odds on us getting relegated have got higher. One more game gone and no ground gained by the seven below us. Things could look different if Arsenal don't turn up against Southampton.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
A frustration performance and a poor game today, but with nobody below us picking up points the odds on us getting relegated have got higher. One more game gone and no ground gained by the seven below us. Things could look different if Arsenal don't turn up against Southampton.

Southampton are dire and won’t win again this season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes ( unless Southampton win tomorrow).

8 points ahead of Stoke ( who have 5 left to play ).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of all the nonsense repeated on NSC this is one of the best.

William Hill and his mates will lay bets on us at 20/1 because the real odds of us going down are LONGER than that. No other reason.

Now that IS genuine nonsense. Still a very reasonable chance of us not gaining another point this season. Each game that ticks off reduces that chance but it does exist and is not impossible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is that a binding poll, or just for guidance? After all, we’ve been here before.

It's very simple, isn't it......it goes like this: 'Do you think we will stay in the PL, or will we leave the PL - but I warn you if you vote leave we will trigger our resignation from the PL the morning after the result is declared and we'll be out'. I think that's how it's done, isn't it?

larus

It's very simple, isn't it......it goes like this: 'Do you think we will stay in the PL, or will we leave the PL - but I warn you if you vote leave we will trigger our resignation from the PL the morning after the result is declared and we'll be out'. I think that's how it's done, isn't it?

Oh dear. I think you still believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

The rules are we can call for another poll if we don’t like the outcome of the first poll. We can also say that the poll wasn’t really about whether we would stay in the PL, it was about what you thought was the likely outcome, but of course you don’t know all of the results yet, so you can’t make in informed choice.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear. I think you still believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

The rules are we can call for another poll if we don’t like the outcome of the first poll. We can also say that the poll wasn’t really about whether we would stay in the PL, it was about what you thought was the likely outcome, but of course you don’t know all of the results yet, so you can’t make in informed choice.
Well, yes, we all know how many polls some people want! :wink:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is that a binding poll, or just for guidance? After all, we’ve been here before.

Not technically a binding poll but the outcome would be taken into consideration before deciding on whether to run a main poll.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

No, no, no. The poll is on whether we stay in the PL or not. But once we vote out we find those who are the decision makers actually require us to leave English professional football, and we find ourselves playing in the amateur Sussex leagues. But that is great news for some.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I’d say we’re still just about ok. If Saints win tomorrow, I’ll be seriously worried. A couple of draws, while not easy, should see us ok for sure - and might not need those.

If Stains lose I will be popping a cork. Their run is nearly as shite as ours and I think that will be it for them. Win by 2 and they dump Palarse in the relegation zone but they have the easiest of run ins so i'll go for a Stains loss and them to go down with Stoke and WBA. Next week is going to be epic if Stains win, we could send down the P'larse. Or at least claim an assist. Come on Murray.

Yes by the way, we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here