Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City (home) ratings

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Quite a while since I’ve felt so aggrieved at a scoreline. 0-1 felt harsh, but their second really rubbed salt into the wound. Hopefully we can get the points we need against Huddersfield and Palace to get us over the line.

Ryan - 7 - not to blame for either goal. Distribution good
Schelotto - 6.5 - some good runs in first half but faded
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 8
Bong - 5 - his worst game for quite a while. Couldn’t beat the first man with his crosses
Locadia - 5.5 - looked dangerous early on and seems tidy with the ball at his feet, but played neither as an out striker, nor as a winger, so positionally not great, even before fading badly
Kayal - 7 - industrious and made some good passes
Propper - 6.5 - had a decent game, without ever really controlling the midfield
Izquierdo - 7 - our most dangerous forward. With better decision-making he would be brilliant
Gross - 7 - great free kick towards the end and, as usual, made some telling passes
Murray - 6 - weakest game for us in a while. Aside from the pen, he really should have tucked that first half chance away
March - 7.5 - showed glimpses of his ability after he came on, notably for the penalty

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Would still start Loccadia ahead of March next week. Thought in the first half he looked good. March started the season well but faded and hasn't really grasped opportunities when they have come along.

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
Funny how people see games. I thought Propper was excellent as the midfield general & I also thought Locadia played really well too. I would go as far as saying they were our 2 best players on the pitch today

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bong was poor and Izquerdo was greedy.

Subs a bit late, as usual.

Bizarre. I thought Bong was Man of the Match. Had Mahrez - one of the best players in the Premier League on his day - in his pocket for much of the game.

A couple of poor crosses and one wayward shot out of over-ambition doesn’t make it a bad game in my book for a left-back.

Stumpy Tim

Bizarre. I thought Bong was Man of the Match. Had Mahrez - one of the best players in the Premier League on his day - in his pocket for much of the game.

A couple of poor crosses and one wayward shot out of over-ambition doesn’t make it a bad game in my book for a left-back.

This. Bong was my MOM too - he just doesn't get beaten. Propper & Duffy excellent too

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Funny how people see games. I thought Propper was excellent as the midfield general & I also thought Locadia played really well too. I would go as far as saying they were our 2 best players on the pitch today

I agree they played well today , I thought as a team we played ok , we score the penalty we win the match and it’s a different story

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought they all played well, not sure I would have given Duffy motm, but not sure who I would have. I think for all the good play, they all could be argued against as well Locadia showed some wonderful touches, and some great interchanges with several teammates, but didn't show anything in front of goal, Izquierdo was a massive threat, but mostly only in the second half, etc.

I saw Hughton doesn't think we dropped after the penalty save. I disagree, at least for those first 5-10 minutes after the penalty Murray in particular seemed to lose focus and passes were going astray, runs not being made/read etc. It was that period that cost us.

I can only think of two real clear cut chances that we 'wasted'. Schmeichel made a couple of great saves from our best real chances (Gross, Murray and March). Murray in the first half (which I thought was probably intended more for Locadia(?) behind him), and that moment when Izquierdo should have passed, but if Murray misses (and he already had missed a great chance, and then went on to take a poor penalty, so we can't guarantee we would have scored if Jose did pass) we ask why Jose didn't just shoot.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looked unconvincing to say the least , from where I was. Looked like he lacked fight . I'll brace myself for a flaming !

He tracked back very well. Was very impressed by that.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We woz robbed!

Ryan 7. Not a lot to do. No chance with the goals.
Schelotto 8. Brilliant, particularly in the first half.
Duffy 7. Solid
Dunk 8. Excellent again
Bong 8. Overall a very good game, but some poor crosses towards the end.
Propper 8. One of his best games for us.
Kayal 7. Did well, but to blame for the goal. Had two opportunities to clear the ball but not strong enough in the tackle.
Izquierdo 7. Looked very dangerous, but some poor decision making.
Locadia 7. Good, without being exceptional. Needs more game time.
Gross 8. Great game again.
Murray 5. Poor today by his standards.

Subs:
March 7. Great free kick, awful shot.
Baldock N/A

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought Locadia got a knock early in the second half, because he showed no pace whatever for someone who's supposed to fast.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bong - 6 laughable, excellent performance

3.....sunday league defending for their first, missed an open goal from the corner and couldnt cross a road in the last 15 minutes. Bong often looks great until he isn't and then it costs us the game

Haven’t seen it yet, so can’t comment marking wise.

However, cross was a result from Kayal losing a ‘must win’ tackle.

You obviously watched a different game from myself and most around me, as I thought he was excellent defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This. The trouble is, his two worst crosses were the last attacks of the game, the other good ones seem to have been forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought Locadia got a knock early in the second half, because he showed no pace whatever for someone who's supposed to fast.

Agreed. Didn't seem to be moving too freely second half. Certainly seemed to lose interest in tracking back for a while. Possibly knackered? Not having played 90 minutes too much this season - and attacking players aren't necessarily used to putting so much effort into sprinting the length of the pitch to contain the opposing full-back....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looked unconvincing to say the least , from where I was. Looked like he lacked fight . I'll brace myself for a flaming !

You definitely watched a different game to me, he class until he ran out of steam.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Ryan 7
Jesus 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 5
Izzy 6
Locardia 6
Kayal 7
Propper 6