Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - West Ham (H)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
7 for everyone, except 8 for Groß and 8 for Murray.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Schelotto 6
Bong 7
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Knockaert 6
Stephens 7
Propper 8
Izquierdo 7
Gross 7
Murray 8

Ulloa 7
March N/A

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's a big ask at this level BUT, if when we put teams on the back foot and give Davy P a tiny bit of time... he is absolutely superb.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I thought the 'Greyhound' had a great game and establishing himself as the no 1 choice for right back, but not even he could catch Izequierdo in the goal celebrations!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the 'Greyhound' had a great game and establishing himself as the no 1 choice for right back, but not even he could catch Izequierdo in the goal celebrations!

Great going forward, again defensively all over the place IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Great going forward, again defensively all over the place IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Ryan seems to disagreed with you, according to the Argus. Maybe he's better placed to judge.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7
Schelotto 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Knockaert 9
(March 77min, 7)
Stephens 8
Pröpper 8
Izquierdo 8
Groß 9 MOM
(Kayal 83min, 7),
Murray 8
(Ulloa 72min, 7)

A scintillating performance with a world class goal from Izquierdo. :rave:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan 7 Had nothing to do

Schelotto 7.5 Got forward well, defended well. Will be hard to dislodge now from RB
Dunk 8 Cool calm and collected
Duffy 7.5 Coming back to his best now
Bong 8 Great attacking threat and defensive work. Top work.

Stephens 8 Kept everything ticking over, some lovely quick passing too
Propper 8 As with Stephens

Izquierdo 8 Wind him up and let him go! Starting to find his feet now and what a goal...
Gross 8 Another goal, another assist. What a bargain he's been?
Knockaert 6.5 Did a lot wrong but also did a lot right. Got in good positions, could have won a pen, just made bad decisions

Murray 8.5 Worked his backside off today. Looked lean and fit and had about a year to score that goal. Other players would have snatched at that but he's right at his peak at the moment

Subs:
Kayal 7 Looked fast, hungry and impressive
Ulloa 6.5 Not on that long but showed why Murray is perhaps feeling the pressure
March 6 Not on for long either. Terrible shot over the bar.

Overall, a super performance. I really think Bong and Schelotto add so much in terms of pace, athleticism and willingness to get forward and back. Some corkers of goals, but Murray though... Drop him if you can!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I thought AK was shocking yesterday and his distribution was horrific as well as decision making
Him and Muzza were having a serious fall out in the first half and I though AK got worse as the game went on

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
6 is average.

Ryan 6 Had nothing to do but still does not command his area. The time Schelotto headed out for a corner really should have been stopped by him telling the defender to leave it.

Schelotto 7.5 I have to say first choice at present good attacking and good defending given the little first team game time he has had he has improved dramatically
Dunk 8 does so much right but in an understated way which is easy to miss.
Duffy 7.5 Hopefully coming back to better form
Bong 7 I can't deny his stats but he does frustrate me that he cannot cross . He dealt well with their number 8 though who looked like he would be a handfull

Stephens 8 Much better performance
Propper 8 same as Stephens but makes silly mistakes which are punished by better teams

Izquierdo 8 Hopefully he will start and finish more games. Play him more forward and he is a threat , against Southampton he played in full back position for most of the game
Gross 8 Thought he did not look so good in first half but second half looked a different player. He really needs to play up field more where he can make it happen rather than supplement the midfield
Knockaert 6 Much better game but looked too anxious to please. He did a beat the player and then beat him again then a poor cross when he should have just crossed the first time. Hopefully a step forward though

Murray 8.5 Absolute class, his workrate is incredible to me he was probably MOTM on basis he worked on his own for most of the game and their defence was very worried by him.

Subs:
Kayal 7 Looked fast, hungry and impressive
Ulloa 6.5 did enough in short time he was on to show is a good signing. Funnily enough playing deeper than Murray though.
March 6 not on long enough but should have buried the chance he had

I think the performance was all about getting forward quickly. The deciding factor though was Izquierdo's goal it just knocked the stuffing out of WHU

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Really. Kayal to me has far more ability than Stephens and perhaps Propper. Without injury I think he would have played the majority of the games this season.

Interestingly, I thought Propper had an average game, he played some very good balls into the box in the second half, but his contribution was not great to the side. he's not physical and didn't compete on a number of headers where he should have done. However, like a lot of the team, when expected to do so much defending by the manager its difficult to shine. His ability to use some space in the second half was down to a very poor West Ham side, he did however use it well, but seriously not MOTM. He was also invisible at Stains.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan - 7
Bong - 10
Schellotto - 8
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 7
Stephens - 7
Propper - 7
Izquierdo - 9
Knockaert - 6
Gross - 9
Murray - 8

Ulloa - 6
Kayal - 7
March - 6

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I doubt anyone will agree, but if fit, I'd be tempted to give Skalak a run for Knockaert at Stoke. Knockie and March would do well to realise there is competition for places, rather than just between the two of them. Jose is in at the moment. but the other two are really playing the part of inconsistent winger to the hilt.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I doubt anyone will agree, but if fit, I'd be tempted to give Skalak a run for Knockaert at Stoke. Knockie and March would do well to realise there is competition for places, rather than just between the two of them. Jose is in at the moment. but the other two are really playing the part of inconsistent winger to the hilt.

I thought Skalak was injured ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bong - 10

I don't get this. Yes, Bong's energy, rampaging runs, tackling and enthusiasm were generally very good but he does give the ball away a lot, both with his passes and throw ins, esp in the first half

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Can we post these as a poll in future which would give the average fan view of each players score - showing possibly a true MOTM

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought AK was shocking yesterday and his distribution was horrific as well as decision making
Him and Muzza were having a serious fall out in the first half and I though AK got worse as the game went on

‘Shocking’ and ‘horrific’ ? Bloody hell...........a bit below par perhaps, but come on.....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan 7
Schelotto 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Knockaert 9
(March 77min, 7)
Stephens 8
Pröpper 8
Izquierdo 8
Groß 9 MOM
(Kayal 83min, 7),
Murray 8
(Ulloa 72min, 7)

A scintillating performance with a world class goal from Izquierdo. :rave:

Is this a mistake?....Knockaert 9?....That rating equates to " outstanding "
It was a performance full of everything that is currently letting him down in the PL. Passing without looking. Snatching at shots. Continually ' overplaying ' Losing control of the ball, when running freely with it. Poor and inaccurate crossing. Agreed, he put a shift in but you need more at this level and he could offer more.
I really hoped this season that the management team were going to get hold of him and rein him in. The razzle, dazzle, twisting and turning and trying to beat the same player more than once, doesn't work at the highest level. Its all about quick, simple, accurate football played with pace and skill. All the over-playing and mistakes, that we all overlooked at Championship level, because he was a potential match-winner, are exposed in the PL.
The frustrating part is that when he keeps it simple, he looks very good. Surely the management must see this but over and over again we see him trying to do too much, losing the ball and then the inevitable flounce, sulk or hissy fit follows. Playing the way he does, he will not win us games at this level and will slip back to being a bit-part player, rolled out for short, cameo roles in home games.
The hardest part is getting him to change and if he can't, then his future at this level is limited.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here