Votes: 4 3.7%
  • dog whelk

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Even the hardest human known to humanity (Adam El Abd, obviously) posesses only a fraction of the sheer agression, fearlessness and BATSHITMENTALNESS of the Honey Badger.

The Wealdstone Raider is batshitmental (and would probably see off a mere Honey Badger) but that doesn't make him HARD. :shrug:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
An Inland Taipan would kill a Honey Badger in short time.

A) No it wouldn’t. It would hide under a stick.
B) The puff adder creates twice as much venom, of 5 times greater toxicity than the Inland Taipan. Fact. So…
C) ...the Honey Badger could EASILY withstand a Taipan bite. QED.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So are humans. Killer bees are no more venomous than normal honey bees. :ffsparr:

Individually, no. But they swarm and attack in greater numbers and at greater speed. So the reality is that you would be safer with an angry pack of bees here than there.

The Honey Badger battles on.

Honey Badger FACTS for anyone who might not be aware…

- They have been known to pick fights with, and beat, animals multiple times their size.
- They are impervious to the stings of KILLER bees
- Video evidence of a fully grown LION waking up a Honey Badger. MISTAKE. It is so pissed off at being awoken that it goes mental and chases off the supposed ‘king of the beasts’
- Known to CASTRATE humans.
- Known to CASTRATE Wildebeest. WILDEBEEST.
- A puff adder has venom that can kill up to 5 people at once. If a Honey badger gets bitten by one it will have a little lie down then wake up and EAT the puff adder.
- Knows no fear
- A tiny ball of pure aggression

The very definition of HARD.

Myth, started by desperate humans in an attempt to attempt to fix the worlds hardest animal competition.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A) No it wouldn’t. It would hide under a stick.
B) The puff adder creates twice as much venom, of 5 times greater toxicity than the Inland Taipan. Fact. So…
C) ...the Honey Badger could EASILY withstand a Taipan bite. QED.

Don't be silly. The Taipan's venom is recognised by scientists as the most toxic land snake venom. That is the fact. One Puff Adder strike could kill 5 men you say. One Taipan strike has enough toxicity to kill 100 men...

The Honey Badger could not withstand a Taipan strike because it has no immunity to it. One strike and it would be dead inside 30 minutes.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Myth, started by desperate humans in an attempt to attempt to fix the worlds hardest animal competition.

It's true. Evidenced in the historic oral traditions of West African tribes.

Even if you choose not to believe that one thing - the rest still makes it the hardest animal in the world by a MILE.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Don't be silly. The Taipan's venom is recognised by scientists as the most toxic land snake venom. That is the fact. One Puff Adder strike could kill 5 men you say. One Taipan strike has enough toxicity to kill 100 men...

The Honey Badger could not withstand a Taipan strike because it has no immunity to it. One strike and it would be dead inside 30 minutes.

It's not immune to Puff Adder venom either. It's still affected by it. But it's hard enough to not just survive, but to attack afterwards.

Not exactly sure why you've brought up the Taipan yet anyway (well, I do have a suspicion) as it's not even in this group, and not pertinent to any point being made here.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah but what is harder a human surviving an attack of killer bees when it knows it has thin skin or a honey badger surviving the same attack safe in the knowledge it has thick skin that wont get penetrated by the stings.
I suppose you would claim a human in a bee suit would not be hard when in fact that is all the honey badger is.

I get the point you're making. It's more dangerous for a human, which makes any human who does that by definition 'harder'. The same with fighting bears.

But I reckon the logic fails because only a tiny proportion of humans do that (wheras all HBs do), and that of those humans that do, most tend to wear protective clothing.

Also there's a distinction between some ostensibly foolish actions (which constitute 'hardness') and some utterly stupid actions (e.g. man fight bear) which are too idiotic/suicidal to be hard.

Having said that I am more persuaded on humans than I was before following this exchange, and now reckon they deserve their place in the competition at the very least.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] I think you need to ease up on the talking up the Honeybadger so early in the comp. It's going to get through, save your best propaganda until the later rounds! :thumbsup:

Vote Jumping Jack Ant

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not immune to Puff Adder venom either. It's still affected by it. But it's hard enough to not just survive, but to attack afterwards.

Not exactly sure why you've brought up the Taipan yet anyway (well, I do have a suspicion) as it's not even in this group, and not pertinent to any point being made here.

It can build up immunity to the venom.

Oh and a HB can be killed by a swarm of Bees.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] I think you need to ease up on the talking up the Honeybadger so early in the comp. It's going to get through, save your best propaganda until the later rounds! :thumbsup:

Vote Jumping Jack Ant

:lolol: Don't worry... I've saved some of the truly heavy hitting facts for when our plucky friend needs them. Plus haven't tagged in [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] yet!

Aug 23, 2011

- They have been known to pick fights with, and beat, animals multiple times their size.
- They are impervious to the stings of KILLER bees
- Video evidence of a fully grown LION waking up a Honey Badger. MISTAKE. It is so pissed off at being awoken that it goes mental and chases off the supposed ‘king of the beasts’
- Known to CASTRATE Wildebeest. WILDEBEEST.
- A puff adder has venom that can kill up to 5 people at once. If a Honey badger gets bitten by one it will have a little lie down then wake up and EAT the puff adder.
- Knows no fear
- A tiny ball of pure aggression

You're confusing stupidity with hard perhaps. Also if they are impervious to killer bee stings then that means they aren't "killer" bees but just bees with a scary name

Also if the venom doesn't kill them surely that's due to immunity not some misplaced thought of hardness. A mongoose is immune to cobra venom but is it hard?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seriously - a king cobra would shag and then eat any of these pretenders.

10kg Honey Badger v Giant Squid, only one out come I'm afraid.

The competition isn't 'who would win in a fight' it's who is the hardest. An ant can be as hard as an orca in terms of aggression and fearless behaviour. Don't confuse the competition with a one on one mentality. This is about behaviour not size.

Besides, this is what happens when a King Cobra comes up against a Honey Badger....

-
-

I have seen this on YouTube, two lionesses I believe. I would love to see a version with a Johnny Morris "Animal Magic" voice-over of a sleepy Honey Badger shrieking "look you two, just eff off I am trying to get some kip here, I have been killing Puff Adders all morning".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here