Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mi.ke Dean’s gestures to Albion fans yesterday

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ive never understood why fans think abusing a referee before a game is a good idea anyway.

And now we are getting emotional that he played up to it. Emotional bunch aren’t we ?

Fans are supposed to be partisan. Do we want our refs behaving like that?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As much as I dislike Mike Dean, and I was giving him a bit of stick, I can't see an awful lot to get upset about, it is almost panto season after all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'd love to know how this isn't a red card.

Muzza-foul2.gif

Muzza-foul3.gif

That is the clearest red I have seen for some time (the Watford thug on Knocky) how that complete c**t can award just yellow defies belief, to make that complete f**k up of a decision at Riverside and then to not punish after another of our players is on the receiving end of that assault confirms our belief that the Shyster is biased against our club and should not be allowed to f**k up any more of our matches, I say f**k up as that c**t does not referee our games, just f**ks them up!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not sure about him having had that good a game either.

- Tackle on GM should have been a red card.
- AK pulled down in the box should have been a penalty.
- Overruled the lino to give a corner.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He doesn't hate us. He's just a bad referee who creates controversy. Most good refs try to blend in, be anonymous and keep the game flowing. The Stephens red card just optimised his desire for drama in matches he refs. He goes too often on feeling and context rather than approaching the game with a level head if you ask me. He talks to players like he above them. Like he knows more. Like it's HIS game.

In any case, if we managed to GOAD Mike Dean into actually grabbing his WILLY in retaliation to calling him a wanker and he gets some kind of punishment, that would be some marvelous scenes right there..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Scott McGleish had done that when he was playing that could have incited something happening - after the infamous Leyton Orient match.

Forgive me but surely McGleish always did that? I remember him delibratly walking down to the away end for his warm up at Layer Road some years ago, and doing his stretching exercises in front of the outraged. I was seething . Not sure that the result was a demoltion of the away end and mass looting, however - just more of the 'S M is a W' chanting :lolol:

Frankly, if the POTUS can insult people on twitter then it seems fair game for a baited referee to goad supporters. All part of modern life. Extremely unprofessional, but sadly increasingly part of the norm.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
When I was training to be a referee (a very long time ago), by a great chap called Dennis Constable (late of the Green Jacket), I was told that a referee's best games are when nobody notices you.

The egotistic maniac that is Mike Dean makes sure that everybody notices him, in every bloody game. And never for the right reasons.

Time for him to hang up his whistle and end his days watching all the highlight reels of him being the star of the show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here