Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I never called you or anyone else that votes UKIP racist. I call UKIP ignorant hypocritical racists, based on facts.

Here's an immigration graph from the government. Immigration is going down.

immigration-statistics4-q4-2013.png

And this shows that people having more kids and living longer is contributing to the population rise far more than immigration. National Statistics.

figure2_tcm77-315480.png

But hey, believe what you want to believe. Fear what you want to fear.

And a quarter of those births are to foreign born mothers, i.e. immigrants.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And statements like saying the Britain was going to open the door to 29 million Romanians and Bulgarians is better???

We did open the doors to 29 Million Romanians and Bulgarians, they haven't all walked in of course but they are free to do so.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'May be someone could explain why immigration numbers from the EU are up again.'

I dont need to read that, as ive already read elsewhere, that overall Net Immigration is unchanged...its a matter of who you believe?

As you dont believe in the left wing biased media, you surprise me by quoting from it.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
May be someone could explain why immigration numbers from the EU are up again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-by-43000-in-boost-to-Ukip.html#disqus_thread

Yes , just seen that on the political programme ! Well it does take a while to cross Hungary , Austria , Germany , Belgium and France . In actual fact why cross the countries at all ? there are jobs in the other countries surely ??? oh yeh I forgot our hand outs are better !

By the way I am back in the UK now does that make me an immigrant :blush:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
'May be someone could explain why immigration numbers from the EU are up again.'

I dont need to read that, as ive already read elsewhere, that overall Net Immigration is unchanged...its a matter of who you believe?

As you dont believe in the left wing biased media, you surprise me by quoting from it.

From the article you clearly haven't read :

"overall net migration - the difference between migrants leaving and arriving in the UK - rose to 212,000 in the period, from 177,000 the previous year."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'Official figures show a rise in the arrival of European Union citizens to the UK in the year to December 2013, but net migration remains unchanged.

The latest figures from the Office for National Statistics said net migration remained at 212,000, unchanged from the previous quarterly figures.
'
I stand corrected....I will definitely vote UKIP now...if ever there was a reason to join some racists and neo nazis in the democratic process...this is it!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry for the delay in answering...I was out placing my vote.

Labour rural council refuses to fly St George's flag for fear of offending 0.28% of Muslim population
Thu, 16/05/2013 - 17:00
Labour

A town council in Somerset has decided not to fly the St George flag in case it offends the 0.28% of Muslims in the town

Radstock, which contains four churches, united under the umbrella of "Churches together in Radstock" has a population of 5,620, with only 16 of them Muslim, according to the census data.

However, in typical Labour fashion, a councillor said the flag of ENGLAND could upset people because of its links to the Crusades.
University lecturer, Eleanor Jackson, said: ‘My big problem is it is offensive to some Muslims, but even more that it has been hijacked by the far Right.’

Disgustingly, the lily livered council agreed with her suggestion not to purchase a St George’s flag for the town’s recently repaired flagpole.

A Union Flag will now only be flown on Armistice Day,
Lesley Mansell, Chairman of the council said: ‘We do not have a Union Jack and the discussion was about purchasing one to fly mainly for Armistice Day.
‘The council confirmed its original decision to purchase a Union Jack.’

A spokesman for the patriotic group the Royal Society of St George, John Clements, denounced the ridiculous decision for ‘censoring’ the national flag, and playing into the hands of the far Right.

And to prove how bizarre the decision was, Rizwan Ahmed, a spokesman for the Bristol Muslim Cultural Society, said: ‘To say that Muslims are offended I don’t think is correct.

‘We understand the flag is part of this country’s heritage, and in fact many Muslims identify as being British.’

Pensioner and local resident Irene Burchell, 76, added: ‘The council does not speak for the people of Radstock, and it certainly doesn’t speak for me.
‘I think it is absolute nonsense. The St George’s flag has been adopted by England for centuries.’

The rainbow flag of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender pride movement will also be raised at ‘appropriate’ times of the year.

Rizwan Ahmed further added: ‘It is political correctness going a bit too far.
'Use by the far right is one thing, but to say that Muslims are offended I don’t think is correct.'

These Labour traitors who make these ludicrous decisions would only be content if we changed our country’s flag to plain white.

Hackney town Hall did not fly the St Georges cross.
Festivities were cancelled in Bradford and the flag not flown.

Now I await your for excuses for this...like er that is far right propaganda.
Only a small place so that is insignifigant.:whistle:

No, I would like to see the link...thanks in advance.
but fair enough...

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Rads...eorge-s-flag/story-19045077-detail/story.html

Here's the link: http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/national...ges-flag-fear-offending-028-muslim-population

Oh dear :(

D

Deleted member 22389

'Official figures show a rise in the arrival of European Union citizens to the UK in the year to December 2013, but net migration remains unchanged.

The latest figures from the Office for National Statistics said net migration remained at 212,000, unchanged from the previous quarterly figures.
'
I stand corrected....I will definitely vote UKIP now...if ever there was a reason to join some racists and neo nazis in the democratic process...this is it!!!

Dave if you want rid of UKIP for all the reasons you state, how can anyone have faith in a political system, that tells us one thing and then does the opposite.

For example:
David Cameron yesterday refused to repeat his pledge to radically cut migrant numbers, raising the prospect the pledge could be dropped from the Conservative manifesto.
The 2010 manifesto promised to cut net migration to "tens of thousands".

Well it's now 2014 and nothing has changed has it. It's just not enough anymore.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The population of this country is increasing, that's a fact, government statistics attribute the largest contributor to that increase as being net inward migration, its another fact.......hence the need for more housing.

Brownfield sites are steadily being released for new housing, but not quick enough because in general terms the planning process is unwieldly.

(Tedious disclaimer)....I don't vote for Ukip.

[MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION]'s right though, isn't he?

Property is seen as an investment and scarcity is an advantage. Many people have a vested interest in an ongoing housing bubble. If we built houses to satisfy demand house prices would drop and the property owning classes would cease to make a killing at the expense of the renting classes. I think I read somewhere that 1/3 of MPs are BTL landlords.

Nothing will change as long as houses are seen as investments rather than homes.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/17/when-we-pay-rent-to-our-mps

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/c7cb35e4-539c-11e3-9250-00144feabdc0.html#axzz32RmvDB00

http://www.newstatesman.com/economi...ion-rent-when-third-mps-are-buy-let-landlords

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/ad1a739c-0f1c-11e2-9343-00144feabdc0.html#axzz32RmvDB00

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here