Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't blame Absence of Stephens!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just done the Stadium tour,very good, by the way. The guide said he had been told by someone irk that Stephens definitely has a virus, and there is no conspiracy of him going..
I know it was only a guide, but probably more reliable than most posters on here.

That's terrible, he ought top get his laptop reprogrammed. Can't he contact his agent at the moment?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He may go or he may not in this window.

But one thing is certain, if he is sold then the club will think it's the right thing to do at this stage.

Personally, I think because he's in a win/win situation then unless Burnley or whoever are telling him it's now or take your chances at seasons end it might just tip him over the edge.

But, he's ill, the club wouldn't tell us fans porkies, would they? :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A case of severe burnleyitis which may clear up by Feb 1st, or we may not see him again this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I went my GP yesterday to pick up a script, I didn't see the 'so called' ill Stephens in the waiting room.
Must be going, no smoke without fire.

Well I've got both the lurgy and an injured knee (caused by a dirty foul by a commuter getting of a train w/o a guard/referee) and I blame the absence of Kayal (for being outplayed in midfield against Fulham and Birmingham).

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Jason Lowe been linked with us now according to Mail! They too mentioned Stephens being linked with a move away! Please don't shoot the messenger...I don't feel well as it is!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can you ask your mate if he's really ill ? ;)

From the tone of your posts on the subject it doesn't sound too good. For me it's just too much of a coincidence that Stephens is suddenly too ill to play during the transfer window!

The fact it is January, and about ten people that i know have had this virus makes me wonder if they are leaving as well.
Players get ill, it happens, he has young kids who are breeding grounds for all kinds of bugs and viruses,I caught just about everything that mine bought home from school.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jason Lowe been linked with us now according to Mail! They too mentioned Stephens being linked with a move away! Please don't shoot the messenger...I don't feel well as it is!
There's nothing about dale Stephens in the mail article

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The fact it is January, and about ten people that i know have had this virus makes me wonder if they are leaving as well.
Players get ill, it happens, he has young kids who are breeding grounds for all kinds of bugs and viruses,I caught just about everything that mine bought home from school.

Exactly this, people do get ill you know! The club have already come out and said, that no way would any of our established players be leaving during this window. So why would they suddenly change their stance now?

No, Dale Stephens will still be at this club next month.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Very much this- me and Mrs Supaseagull have been off work all week with this virus and we never have time off unless we are on our sick beds. Sometimes footballers do get ill aswell and I very much doubt given the spirit in the team and that Dunk and Bong were absent that Stephens wouldn't play.

I'm all for debate but this conspiracy stuff is childish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bugger comes back as well just when you think you are over it. Mines been niggling me for 3 weeks. Chesty cough now. Know so many who have had it

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A case of severe burnleyitis which may clear up by Feb 1st, or we may not see him again this season.

Not convinced that Burnley need a midfielder in this window. They've just got Barton. Marney won't last too much longer but will be alright for the rest of this season. They've also got Defour and Henricks, and a few more that can play CM. Not convinced that both Burnley and Stephens will be desperate to seal the deal in this transfer window.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Stephens has got this lurgy that many on this thread are going on about, then it's unlikely he'll be ready for Wednesday (on Friday).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Can you ask your mate if he's really ill ? ;)

From the tone of your posts on the subject it doesn't sound too good. For me it's just too much of a coincidence that Stephens is suddenly too ill to play during the transfer window!

There is no personal knowledge behind any tone of my post. It's simply a personal opinion. If there had been any substance behind it, I would never have posted such an opinion

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Shouldn't modern day footballers be given a flu jab?

Flu jabs only build up an immunity to last years known viruses. The cannot and don't protect against any new cold and flu viruses arising for the first time this year. Any GP could tell you that, if you could get an appointment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here