Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question about my first Brighton game..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mods: have we run OP past the Not Nick Rhodes scanner? Username seems a tad KNOWING. And the earlydoors NEEDINESS seems somewhat familiar. ???

My first thought too. Oddball written all over it

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Hi everyone,

I just started living in Brighton since March 2016 and I’m following Brighton & Hove Albion since then. I love football but I don’t particularly support any football club since I moved to UK(which is 2008, I was living in Turkey before and I was a Galatasaray fan when I was a kid), and I found myself as a Brighton fan since I moved to this city :)

Anyway I couldn’t watch any games live in UK yet, and I thought Brighton games would be a perfect start. Then I bought a ticket to FA Cup 3rd Round game against Milton Keynes Dons. None of my friends are interested in football(I know, weird!!) so I’m going alone. After I purchased the ticket, a question came into my mind; Is it okay to go to a game alone? Actually this is a stupid, I never thought about this when I was buying the ticket, but then I read a guy in Celtic forum asking this question and people were advising him not to go alone, that it would be weird. Maybe Celtic games are different, more heated atmospheres etc. I don’t know.

Anyway this has been already a very long post. What do you think? Will I be the weird guy, or will Brighton people welcome me with their arms open? :D

Ö.

How much are you willing to pay to have a partner?

blockhead84

Jan 1, 2017
1) Firstly, ignore some of the silly reponses you get to this. It's only because we get some rival fans trying to wind us up. You are most welcome.
2) There is nothing strange about going alone. Nothing to worry about. You may get to know some supporters over time.
3) This Saturday won't quite have the same atmosphere as other games but will be a good introduction.

Haha thanks! I can feel the suspicion, but I'm sure you have good reasons for that. And I hope that will pass in time :) Apart from that, thanks for the helpful replies. I will definitely be there on Saturday!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
You'll need one these:

IMG_1806.JPG

Also, it is good etiquette to grab the person to your right nipples when the Albion score.

Enjoy!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You'll need one these:

View attachment 80732

Also, it is good etiquette to grab the person to your right nipples when the Albion score.

Enjoy!

Left, how many times do you need to be told it's the person your left. You only grab the nipples of the person on your right when the opposition have a goal disallowed.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

I just started living in Brighton since March 2016 and I’m following Brighton & Hove Albion since then. I love football but I don’t particularly support any football club since I moved to UK(which is 2008, I was living in Turkey before and I was a Galatasaray fan when I was a kid), and I found myself as a Brighton fan since I moved to this city :)

Anyway I couldn’t watch any games live in UK yet, and I thought Brighton games would be a perfect start. Then I bought a ticket to FA Cup 3rd Round game against Milton Keynes Dons. None of my friends are interested in football(I know, weird!!) so I’m going alone. After I purchased the ticket, a question came into my mind; Is it okay to go to a game alone? Actually this is a stupid, I never thought about this when I was buying the ticket, but then I read a guy in Celtic forum asking this question and people were advising him not to go alone, that it would be weird. Maybe Celtic games are different, more heated atmospheres etc. I don’t know.

Anyway this has been already a very long post. What do you think? Will I be the weird guy, or will Brighton people welcome me with their arms open? :D

Ö.

This is a wind up. It's obvious.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I thought it was the left.

Thank you -- I am here all week.
I thought that the full reach-around to the left breast was reserved for last minute OGs from the opposition; normal practice is surely right hand tweaks right nipple, or for League Cup a faint brushing of the right nipple with the left hand?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I thought that the full reach-around to the left breast was reserved for last minute OGs from the opposition; normal practice is surely right hand tweaks right nipple, or for League Cup a faint brushing of the right nipple with the left hand?

With moves like that you must be a 1901 Club member and attended all Albion games home and away since circa 1955.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here