Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Concourse Challenge 2016

I like it.

You Must:
1. Order 2 pints, 1 soft drink, and 3 pies within 20mins of arrival.
2. Transport all items yourself to nearest condiment station, apply condiments and retrieve forks and napkins.
3. Distribute items accordingly.
4. In the absence of shelving, consume your pint, and eat pie without putting anything down.

Points awarded:
i. 1 point for every minute under the 20mins ordering time.
ii. 5 points for clean transit to condiment station
iii. 25 points for no spillage successful consumption of pie and pint.

Points deducted:
a. 1 point for every minute over the 20mins ordering time.
b. 5 points for any spillage of drinks in transit
c. additional 5 points for any spillage that hits a 3rd party.
d. 5 points for any food or sauce spilt upon clothing
e. 10 point deduction for the wrong use of bin for general waste or recyclable waste.

A badge of achievement is awarded for any score over 25 points. 'North Stand Chat Concourse Master'.
Wearing combat shorts I'd have accepted the challenge right up until the 10 point deduction for wrong bin usage.

They are amazingly complicated :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wearing combat shorts I'd have accepted the challenge right up until the 10 point deduction for wrong bin usage.

They are amazingly complicated :lol:

I doubt I have ever scored more than 15 points. The spillages and sauce on clothing is a real tough one for me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And there you have the difference between a club fans feel part of and one where making money is the prime motivation and the fan is a customer of a business. We all knew it would come to this if we wanted to compete outsides Division Three.
There is no money been made. Just Tony's £1.5 million a month loss.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He may be losing money but the club is making money out of fans like never before, just not enough to cover the outlay of being in this division. If we ever go up things will improve I imagine

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Tony knew what he was getting himself in for and clever accounting will be making up a part of those figures. How do we compare in line with other clubs in the division? Is anyone turning profit? Is anyone making less than £6m a year losses and competing ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Said it before, and I'll say it again, Barber will squeeze us all until the pips squeak. Those that can't afford the £250 "subscription fee" aren't the demographic that Barber wants turning up at the Amex.

Yes, his PR is Mandelsonesque, but any other business with BHAFC's t/o that is leaking £1.5m a month, would probably be taking a long hard look at the senior management team. We have the "best CEO in the world" and yet he can't balance the books without constantly shafting the fans.

A truly sorry state of affairs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Said it before, and I'll say it again, Barber will squeeze us all until the pips squeak. Those that can't afford the £250 "subscription fee" aren't the demographic that Barber wants turning up at the Amex.

Yes, his PR is Mandelsonesque, but any other business with BHAFC's t/o that is leaking £1.5m a month, would probably be taking a long hard look at the senior management team. We have the "best CEO in the world" and yet he can't balance the books without constantly shafting the fans.

What do you suggest? Bloom and the board seemingly seem happy with how Barber is running things? If Bloom didn't like fans getting charged to get into 7 Stars he would block it I am sure

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Concourse Challenge 2016

I like it.

You Must:
1. Order 2 pints, 1 soft drink, and 3 pies within 20mins of arrival.
2. Transport all items yourself to nearest condiment station, apply condiments and retrieve forks and napkins.
3. Distribute items accordingly.
4. In the absence of shelving, consume your pint, and eat pie without putting anything down.

Points awarded:
i. 1 point for every minute under the 20mins ordering time.
ii. 5 points for clean transit to condiment station
iii. 25 points for no spillage successful consumption of pie and pint.

Points deducted:
a. 1 point for every minute over the 20mins ordering time.
b. 5 points for any spillage of drinks in transit
c. additional 5 points for any spillage that hits a 3rd party.
d. 5 points for any food or sauce spilt upon clothing
e. 10 point deduction for the wrong use of bin for general waste or recyclable waste.

A badge of achievement is awarded for any score over 25 points. 'North Stand Chat Concourse Master'.

I like this - I would add 3(a) have debate with 6 year old when he doesn't like taste/look/heat of said pie/drink, 3b) clean up ketchup from front of said 6 year old, 3c) in the chaos realise 9 year old has disappeared, leave 2 pints, 1 soft drink, and 2 pies (plus half eaten pie) with 6 year old to go and look for 9 year old
4. Resolve never to even think about using the concourse for a family meal again.....

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

It's is a sorry state of affairs and what worries me most is increasingly fans are being asked to fund the uncontrolled and spirally cost of player wages and transfers

Take the premier league as an example hundreds upon hundreds of extra millions swashing around from the new Tv deal and where does it go? Higher transfer fees, £300k a week wages and agents fees.

Part of that money could have been used to fund lower ticket costs for fans who are being priced out of the game.

Isn't it about time the game shared some of these riches with the loyal supporters and eased the burden on what is becoming an extremely expensive activity?

Personally I think barber has done a fantastic commercial job maximising sponsorship and income from kit deals etc and still that leaves us short because of the ever increasing player budget. There is only so much you can squeeze out operationally and from your commercial partners before going cap in hand back to supporters.

It is about time player wages were capped and for money to return to the clubs and fans. Wages and fees are out of control and it leaves a sickening taste in my mouth to see players racking up £300 a week in wages whilst the ordinary bloke in the street struggles to afford a ticket to watch the team he loves.

Football has lost the plot IMO

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It's is a sorry state of affairs and what worries me most is increasingly fans are being asked to fund the uncontrolled and spirally cost of player wages and transfers

Take the premier league as an example hundreds upon hundreds of extra millions swashing around from the new Tv deal and where does it go? Higher transfer fees, £300k a week wages and agents fees.

Part of that money could have been used to fund lower ticket costs for fans who are being priced out of the game.

Isn't it about time the game shared some of these riches with the loyal supporters and eased the burden on what is becoming an extremely expensive activity?

Personally I think barber has done a fantastic commercial job maximising sponsorship and income from kit deals etc and still that leaves us short because of the ever increasing player budget. There is only so much you can squeeze out operationally and from your commercial partners before going cap in hand back to supporters.

It is about time player wages were capped and for money to return to the clubs and fans. Wages and fees are out of control and it leaves a sickening taste in my mouth to see players racking up £300 a week in wages whilst the ordinary bloke in the street struggles to afford a ticket to watch the team he loves.

Football has lost the plot IMO

Elvis is on £300.00 a week ffsake :moo:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Shafting the fans - by removing a 2nd free supporters bar that only 160 could use at any one time, really? Is there not some perspective to be had in this? How is this squeezing us all, when only 0.6% of a match day attendance could use it at once anyway?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Shafting the fans - by removing a 2nd free supporters bar that only 160 could use at any one time, really? Is there not some perspective to be had in this? How is this squeezing us all, when only 0.6% of a match day attendance could use it at once anyway?

Also, most grounds don't even have bars? Sure, lots are located in communities that have plenty of bars near by, but there can't be many that have tried have an actual bar in it. If the bar isn't financially viable on a free model, then moving it to basically the status of a corporate lounge makes a lot of sense. [MENTION=22135]rippleman[/MENTION] complains about Barber being a CEO that loses us lots of money, but by changing the status of a bar that wasn't working financially he's doing what any responsible business would do in the same situation.

Plus, it's not like it's the only place you can drink at the ground. Concourses stay open, and Dick's is still free. Yes, it'd be better if the Seven Stars could stay as it is, but it seems it isn't working so what's the point?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

He can easily balance the books but that would entail severe cuts in the playing budget and, ergo, no chance of promotion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Imagine if Barber had pulled the old Dick Knight 'life away membership means life of the scheme' con.

The pitchforks would have been out.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Players wages are killing football.

No good blaming wages. Money is pouring into the top of the game, players are like actors getting their take of the box office. Wages aren't the problem, they're a symptom, the problem lies with how the game is run, the rewards on offer, the promise of the promised land.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ok, can you tell me as many things as you can think of (or even just one as CE of the Albion), where Barber has generated money from an initiative (as I said in my previous post, not including cuts, price increases or sponsors).

Is that a CEO's job? I know the CEO of our company doesn't directly generate money from initiatives or programs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here