Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
It's painful as sportsmen and sports fans isn't it? I love sport, I couldn't imagine not watching sport or playing sport, but my god it frustrates me and winds me up SO much at times.

Take Saturday when playing cricket, twice the batsmen nicked it, didn't walk, and their umpire didn't give either. Blatant cheating and sheer levels of incompetence, with terrible sportsmanship from the batsmen (who, incidentally admitted to nicking the ball but said it's the umpires decision. THEIR umpire.) really makes me wonder why I bother giving up my Saturday's to play a sport with decisions like that.

And football, influenced by referee's who are so inept and incapable of doing the basics it really makes me question how they ever passed their tests. And now, not only are the officials ruining the game, but the organisation's that run sports bodies are corrupt, inept, and just so wrong.

I love sport, but their are so many people out there who make it unbelievably frustrating, makes me wonder why I even bother when you know the elite have so much control and yet can't get basic things right!

The FA show yet again what a poorly ran organisation, who slate FIFA but don't realise the sheer levels of hypocrisy that comes with it!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As angry as I am at Dean's decision, I'm absolutely incensed (though not at all surprised) by the FA Panel's. Dean's was a split-second change of mind in the heat of the moment (not excusing it, he should do better), but the panel had time and evidence to look at this and come to the right decision, and they have failed. Bad enough that the dismissal decision stands, but to not reduce the length of the ban is mind-boggling. Absolute ****s.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ok so now we move on.

The football world is agin us. Refs, the FA, Football League, rival teams, rival fans. Well fu ck the lot of 'em. Let's use this to show them we won't lay down and die.

UTA!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well, hopefully they gave Barber a wink while mumbling something about being sure everything will work out ok in the playoffs :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ok so now we move on.

The football world is agin us. Refs, the FA, Football League, rival teams, rival fans. Well fu ck the lot of 'em. Let's use this to show them we won't lay down and die.

UTA!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We won't lay down and die no. But we're likely to be playing Championship football next season as a result of this cluster****

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tweet them with the hashtag #corruptasfifa

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not surprised. Too much conjecture over whether it was or wasn't. It will divide opinion.

I don't think it was a red card, but hey ho, there you go.

Move on.

Look forward to seeing Dale in the blue and white as we kick off in the top flight in August.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Maybe we should all write to the FA and make an official complaint about the service we have received, the fact they did nothing to help us when our ground was sold without us having a new ground to play in, the fact that they have consistently f**ked us over this season and genuinely offered us no service at all.

The FA is the governing body for the game in England and is primarily responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game, running the England teams and organising The FA Cup and other domestic competitions.

If you would like to submit a complaint to The FA, you can put it in writing addressed to:

Customer Relations
The Football Association
Wembley Stadium
PO Box 1966
London
SW1P 9EQ
Tel: (0) 800 389 0699 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)

We will strive to respond within five working days. If further information is required, we will send a comprehensive response within a further ten working days.

Alternatively, you can e-mail your complaint via the feedback form

Still not satisfied? Contact the Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO).

The Independent Football Ombudsman was established at the beginning of the 2008-09 season and will have a clear remit to receive and adjudicate on complaints from football supporters and participants which have not been resolved by the football authorities, and to raise any policy issues which have been highlighted by those complaints, directly with The FA, Premier League and The Football League.

The creation of an Ombudsman will maintain a position as the independent and final arbiter of football complaints.

For further information on the IFO, please visit www.theifo.co.uk

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/contact-thefa/complaints-procedure#KhCzuKRAZ4U2E22X.99

didn't that Wednesday fan attract a fair bit of derision for sending similar e mails to the FA ? Stephens is out, Sidwell is in. No problem. This squad is good enough to win the playoffs anyway.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm not even the slightest bit surprised, disgusting decision by a disgusting football association run by extinct dinosaurs and corrupt tosspots. Hope the ****ing shitstains have a bath with a toaster.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Horribly predictable.. Wouldn't you love to have heard what was discussed? Can we request it under the Freedom of Information law???
This is exactly the kind of scenario that a video ref at the time could help with - I know they have to stand by the referees and cant have scenarios where every big decision is challenged, but when you look at some of the suggested "rule changes" they (The IRF - some official referee body) are creating more "subjective" opportunities for referees to get caught up with - their proposal to avoid the triple whammy in the situations whereby a goalkeeper takes down a player in the penalty area.. they propose could just be a yellow, which sounds sensible, but the referee has to use his/her discretion at whether the challenge or collision was genuine attempt to get the ball or not. Well that will open up the route for every decision to be challenged.. a video ref could help..
Mike Dean : "Initial thought was yellow, but seen the gash, would like to see it from another angle, and you are looking for excessive force, or recklessness.."
Video Ref : "No real evidence of excessive force.. you are good with your initial decision.."

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Can we send letters to the FA saying how we are very disappointed in that they have no bollocks but this is waste of time but this is what I expected them to close ranks and cover up as they are so worried about referees losing respect and control .

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"Mike Dean is a spineless ****"

"Same old FA: Always useless"

"There's only one Dale Stephens"

etc etc

Well at least we know now that it isn't at all important how good or bad a challenge is, the only thing that matters is how injured the player is. Should come in handy #Kickforestieriaboutbutdontinjurehim

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Well you might as well dive all over the place and cheat then as you are only likely to receive a yellow. Any comment from the FA for Gaston knocking the yellow out of the refs hand, or this just being ignored.

I am so pissed off with the FA, players can't even challenge for a free ball.

Spineless FA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here