Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the first big question mark over Hughton's managerial ability?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Completely schooled by Wagner again in this first half, I thought we would set out to attack a relegation rival like Huddersfield not play two right backs on our right hand side, offering nothing going forward. Baldock and Hemed should have started up front.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s just DejaVu, the team selection away at Huddesfield was totally wrong last season too. Very strange that he has made the same mistake again.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Please do us all a favour and f*ck off.

Go support your first team if that’s what you really think.

Tw*t.

That’s ridiculously harsh. The OP has asked a valid question and it’s very hard to argue against the reality of what’s happening on the pitch!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Completely schooled by Wagner again in this first half, I thought we would set out to attack a relegation rival like Huddersfield not play two right backs on our right hand side, offering nothing going forward. Baldock and Hemed should have started up front.

I think he is being very loyal to certain players but changes should have been made as even the best players in the world get ‘rotated’ at this level.

I think it’s strange that Kayal cannot get a game at all, we cannot realistically expect Stephens, Propper and Gross to play every single game and perform at their best without a break at some point, IMHO of course.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
No, he gets tested every week and has done OK wouldn't you say? We are appalling so far today but that will happen from time to time.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It’s just DejaVu, the team selection away at Huddesfield was totally wrong last season too. Very strange that he has made the same mistake again.

Huddersfield press us - who'd have thought?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would have been a funny :fishing: thread, but I have the sneaking suspicion this ingrate means it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No it is not a test.

We may lose today. We may lose the Spurs game.

Judge Hughton based on where we are at the end of the season. Then remember who took us up.

larus

That’s ridiculously harsh. The OP has asked a valid question and it’s very hard to argue against the reality of what’s happening on the pitch!

I took offence to the “question marks over CH ability”. If he thinks that, then he knows sweet fa.

Things don’t always go to plan, but some are too bloody quick to slag people off. Does my head in.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Baldock hasn't played for bloody ages, would've been suicidal to start him.

Schelotto and Brown both clearly not match fit which doesn't help.

Have they been injured? I recall Brown was at the start of the season, but worrying if that is the case since not a valid excuse. Seem immobile. Brown a shadow of the player of last season.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
This game is more important than playing Man Utd, Liverpool or Spurs. It's a six pointer, and we're throwing it away.

So I'm curious why CH decided not to go with our strongest line up as usual, and rest players in those games against the Big Six sides which we are likely to lose anyway.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The team selection is open to some questions but it's not Hughton to blame, it's the players who have been woeful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here